“Not as good as many other places in the area”

ShangHai TangChao Hotel (MingTian)
Ranked #5,017 of 16,926 Restaurants in Shanghai
Neighborhood: People’s Square
Neighborhood: People’s Square
Rome, Italy
“Not as good as many other places in the area”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We went twice to this restaurant but unfortunately both the times we were not really happy with the food.
Maybe it is just too much creative for us.
We have been eating inside a hall of the shopping mall but I think that they also have more private rooms.
We will not go there a third time.

Zhuhai
“Surprisingly affordable for the level of food and service”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I dropped in to this restaurant randomly when I was shopping. Most people should not have problems finding this - it's just in Marriott hotel. I do recommend that you make the effort to drop by if you are around the area.

The moment we entered the restaurant, we were ushered into a private room straightaway even though there were plenty of seats outside. It's just like how it is in Shanghai sometimes where people try to get as much out of you as possible. I insisted after that we be seated outside (I was thinking to myself how it would cost to eat in a VIP room, since the decor and everything about the place spoke of class and quality). There's a HUGE selection of chinese food from different parts of china. The menu was like one of those thick magazines that take forever to browse through. The food, especially the dim sum, was excellent and very exquisitely made. I've never seen anything quite like that before. There's also food from Hunan, from Shantou, from Hubei, from other parts of China and they all tasted great! I strongly recommend this place. Just make sure you are not hustled into one of those VIP rooms when you go there.

Visited December 2011