“Excellent Tours!!!”

and up
Private 2-Hour Walking Tour of Shanghai's Jewish Ghetto
Ranked #14 of 106 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: If you want unique & authentic tours to see the real Shanghai, come join us! We take you behind the scenes of a destination to reveal it's hidden gems and appreciate the Chinese culture. We believe this is the perfect style of travel experience for those who want to get off the beaten path and really connect with the destination. With English speaking Chinese guides who lives in Shanghai, you are assured a real local experience. The experience can be as short as a couple of hours, or a whole day, but in every case we will take you to interesting places to meet locals, and really see what makes the place tick.
Moscow, Russia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Tours!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had just 2 days in Shanghai during our holiday in Asia, and we were totally in love with this beautiful city. We got excellent advise and suggestion from Janny who helped to plan for our stay, saw both the best of Shanghai and hidden areas, even took the fast speend train to Beijing. During our time, we met with the locals, learn about the Jewish culture which was important, saw places which we never even heard about and totally off the tourist maps. We truely felt that we really made the best use of our limited time in Shanghai and could not achieve that without the help of these great guides from Shanghai Pathways.

New York, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Perfect way to see Shanghai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had a terrific day with Janny Chan and could not have been more pleased with the experience. The day was tailored to our interests based on a questionnaire she had created and our time with her was even better than expected! She was delightful to be with and gave us some great insights into the city and it's culture. It was like having a friend take you on a personal tour of Shanghai, who then left you with great advice for the rest of your stay. You will not be disappointed.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent guide and program”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is our first time to be in Shanghai and it is indeed very cold in the winter time. As both my husband and myself love art, we decided to book the art tour with Shanghai Pathways. It is a very interesting program to be able to learn and see a lot of art works and meet different artist in a short period of time. We explored places and areas that we could not find by ourself. After the tour, our guide was kind enough to suggest other interesting places to let us visit later during our stay in Shanghai.

Auckland, New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent day with Guide Mary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

We had a very interesting and worthwhile day with Guide Mary from this company in Suzhou, a water town near Shanghai. Mary was a great guide and went at our pace, we loved the places we visited and the trip on the canal. Mary took us to a local restaurant where we had some of the best food we have had in China (many visits). We would not have seen so such or had such a fun day without Mary. We found the experience of the company organisation excellent as well.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank SCalvert2708
Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“more than what I could have ever imagined”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have travelled a lot in my life and always been quite picky regarding the type of tours which I take and mostly keen in special or unique experiences. Finding out Shanghai Pathways and discover what they offer is truely amazing as this company has more than 50 programs in Shanghai....but it did took me a VERY long time to decide what I should do. The result is excellent, I got to see the real local Shanghainese life, chance to eat at some Chinese local places - had my fist chicken feet and smelly tofu - which turns out pretty good if you just have your eyes closed. The guide fee is more than the normal standard tour guides in China, but the experience is totally different as it is very personal and interesting. I have learnt more about Shanghai in an 2hrs walking tour than spending 8hrs with my first guide from another company. In this sense, it is so really worth the money. In short, I loved it so much that I have decided to rate about it and write my 1st review online.

1 Thank bernd126