“Excellent day with Guide Mary”

Shanghai Pathways-Private One-day and Walking Tours
$64.23*
Private 2-Hour Walking Tour of Shanghai's Jewish Ghetto
Ranked #15 of 121 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: If you want unique & authentic tours to see the real Shanghai, come join us! We take you behind the scenes of a destination to reveal it's hidden gems and appreciate the Chinese culture. We believe this is the perfect style of travel experience for those who want to get off the beaten path and really connect with the destination. With English speaking Chinese guides who lives in Shanghai, you are assured a real local experience. The experience can be as short as a couple of hours, or a whole day, but in every case we will take you to interesting places to meet locals, and really see what makes the place tick.
Auckland, New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent day with Guide Mary”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We had a very interesting and worthwhile day with Guide Mary from this company in Suzhou, a water town near Shanghai. Mary was a great guide and went at our pace, we loved the places we visited and the trip on the canal. Mary took us to a local restaurant where we had some of the best food we have had in China (many visits). We would not have seen so such or had such a fun day without Mary. We found the experience of the company organisation excellent as well.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank SCalvert2708

Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“more than what I could have ever imagined”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have travelled a lot in my life and always been quite picky regarding the type of tours which I take and mostly keen in special or unique experiences. Finding out Shanghai Pathways and discover what they offer is truely amazing as this company has more than 50 programs in Shanghai....but it did took me a VERY long time to decide what I should do. The result is excellent, I got to see the real local Shanghainese life, chance to eat at some Chinese local places - had my fist chicken feet and smelly tofu - which turns out pretty good if you just have your eyes closed. The guide fee is more than the normal standard tour guides in China, but the experience is totally different as it is very personal and interesting. I have learnt more about Shanghai in an 2hrs walking tour than spending 8hrs with my first guide from another company. In this sense, it is so really worth the money. In short, I loved it so much that I have decided to rate about it and write my 1st review online.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank bernd126
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The real insight into the local Shanghainese life”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I visited Shanghai and Beijing by chance as I had a business meeting and conferences to attend. With short notice, I did not really had time to do research and simply took the easy way of getting a tour guide to show me around. I found Janny from TA and she showed me Shanghai from inside out - the backstreets of local day to day life, talking with old people, enter their houses, home cooking lunch, wet market. The food was amazing and I tried a couple of things which I would never ate by myself or even consider to order at all. Because of the experience was so great, I also decided to sign up for a 2hrs tea class, I love coffee so it is a new thing for me to try all different kind of tea and learn about the culture, story, taste behind it. Totally recommend the service and I can't wait to come back and do more tours with Shanghai Pathways. Thanks for a great time in Shanghai!!!

Visited December 2013
Seoul, South Korea
“A real experience of Shanghai”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We just spent a great day with Janny from Shanghai Pathways. she had everything planned and was always helpful. We were amazed by her knowledge, awareness and caring. I have traveled all over the world and would rate her as one of the best guides I have used. A wonderful time of mixing the city highlights and the off the beaten path areas, the hidden markets and looking into the local chinese people's life, tai chi, chinese painting, we felt that we have really got to know shanghai through her. We loved it so much that we are coming back next year with family.

Visited November 2013
Williamstown, Victoria, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour of the lost and forgotten Shanghai”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Janny was fantastic. She was most accommodating even after we mixed up the date and missed the first tour I was booked on. Janny's detailed instructions of where to meet and how to get there were flawless and gave me the courage to take my first trip on the subway on my own. I feel I got to see a view of Shanghai that is only possible when shown by a local. Not only did we see the unique architecture and places of interest, we met some residents and were warmly received. Janny took the time to answer all questions and gave us a unique insight into a fascinating city.

Visited September 2013