“The Best Way to Know Shanghai”

Shanghai Pathways-Private One-day and Walking Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$64.23*
and up
Private 2-Hour Walking Tour of Shanghai's Jewish Ghetto
Ranked #13 of 105 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: If you want unique & authentic tours to see the real Shanghai, come join us! We take you behind the scenes of a destination to reveal it's hidden gems and appreciate the Chinese culture. We believe this is the perfect style of travel experience for those who want to get off the beaten path and really connect with the destination. With English speaking Chinese guides who lives in Shanghai, you are assured a real local experience. The experience can be as short as a couple of hours, or a whole day, but in every case we will take you to interesting places to meet locals, and really see what makes the place tick.
Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Best Way to Know Shanghai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I am back in Singapore already and have many wonderful memories of Shanghai. I would like to give praise to Shanghai Pathways service and the guide Summer. She's been very professional during the tour and gave me many information on Shanghai and also of the culture of China. I felt like I was having a sightseeing day with a friend. :) Very enjoyable day indeed! I will not hesitate to recommend Pathway to any of my friends.

Visited October 2012
Janny0302, Owner at Shanghai Pathways-Private One-day and Walking Tours, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you!

San Francisco, California
“Superb Tour of Shanghai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of being toured around Shanghai on October 21, 2012, by your guide, Zoe. The purpose of this letter is to tell you how impressed we were with Zoe's knowledge, charm, and excellent command of English. We could not have had a more educational, informative or fun tour.

We have traveled to many, many countries (including China) and have had the good fortune to have experienced many guides (more than 100) in many countries. We have never had a more knowledgeable or effective guide. We would highly recommend Zoe to any tourist looking for any level of information about Shanghai. Zoe was particularly knowledgeable about the wonderful Shanghai Museum, and her answers to our questions about the modern Chinese culture were also very helpful to our understanding of your country.

Visited October 2012
Thank you so much for your great reviews! We are really happy to hear that you had a great time in Shanghai.
Cambridge, MA
155 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Best in China”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Having just completed a solo trip around China and dealing with various guide services, I can say, without pause, that Shanghai Pathways is the best in class. I used the service for three days, one to see the Shanghai highlights, the second to visit Suzhou and the third to experience the tea markets in Shanghai to have a class with a tea master. The guides were professional young women, supremely polite and open. They are both aware of the cities but also knowledgable to cater to each person and guess their likes and wants expertly. Traveling alone can be challenging especially in a country where the language is so difficult and they made it a joy. I felt as if I had gained an inside knowledge of the places and people through their insights. If you are interested in tea, I seriously suggest the tour of the markets and the tea ceremony class. The guide is an expert and expanded my knowledge ten fold in a short few hours.

Visited October 2012
Thank you! It is great fun to do the Tea Art Class together with the master.
San Francisco, California
“Simply Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Shirly from Shanghai Pathway is simply wonderful - so friendly and nice and she gave us THE most wonderful day. We absolutely loved Shanghai and going everywhere with Shirly who knew SO much about this wonderful city was such fun and we are very grateful to her for making our day so special.

Thank you!
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More than Impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I loved our visit in Shanghai and China. There were many impressive things about China – the transportation infrastructure - roads – subways – even airports served us well; the attitude of the young with hope and determination to make a better life for themselves and improve their
country; the pervasive communication with the cell phone and its use for immediate access to news and information (Google and Face Book will come); the dependability of the people like Janny and the guide from Shanghai Pathways set our mind at ease. Traveling in China was a wonderful experience we won’t ever forget. Our friends have been very interested in our impressions and we gladly tell them of all the things I have already mentioned.