“Learning about my people”

Shanghai Jewish Site
Ranked #213 of 1,312 things to do in Shanghai
Great Neck, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Learning about my people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

My class is learning about conflict and justice. We took a field trip to the Jewish refugee museum, which is very cool because I am Jewish and I love history. On one floor you can learn about the Nazi death camp and how the Jews lived. Another exhibit tells stories about Jewish refugees who went to shanghai and what where their lives like. My favorite part was sitting where Benjamin Netanyahu and his wife sat. This place is great for adults and kids. I know that because I'm 10 and all the classes loved the tour! Make sure to bring a camera!

2 Thank Kobn57567

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Location?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

My dad told me that he saw some Jewish kids in the neighborhood during WWII. It should be in Hon Kou district Shanghai. I reserched some websites. And find out that shanghai jewish Refugees Museum is located at 62 Changyang Rd.

2 Thank Diyou
Siem Reap, Cambodia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

That was the best of our tour in shanghai all the jewish sites its so nice so intresting things to learn

3 Thank mendychabad
Tel Aviv, Israel
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A very moving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

We are Israeli and especially made a point of visiting the Jewish museum in Shanghai. We weren't disappointed - it was a very moving experience. The whole museum is done in an outstanding way and makes you feel as though you're living the experience. A definite must!

Visited October 2011
3 Thank Naomilappin
Flushing, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great expriance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

this synagogue is not to be missed. its located in the jewish getto and 5 minutes away from the bund. It was build by Mr Sason (like the rest of Shanghai).

Visited December 2011