“Nice place for a quick bite”

hoF Bar and Brasserie
Ranked #4,734 of 16,873 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: Lujiazui
Neighborhood: Lujiazui
Taiping, Malaysia
“Nice place for a quick bite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Top recommendations are their mojito and croque madame, i normally have it with egg white only and they are happy to accomodate

• Visited August 2013

San Diego, California
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Was there for Happy hour. They spoke english well and had fair prices. Food was pretty good. Good desert. Cold beer. Can't complain.

Visited November 2012
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,382 helpful votes
“Heavenly chocolate desserts and drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We enjoyed our several visits to their eatery at Sinan Lu and decided to try out their branch at Pudong. Run by a Singaporean company and with several interns from Singapore as well, the standard of the chocolate drinks and desserts here remain high; I especially like the choc drinks that are infused with liquor. Have yet to try the dinner, though we tried a few times to make reservations for Sunday brunch but the staff who picked up the phone each time was either confused or not willing to take reservations, telling us at different times that brunch was either closed that Sunday, or starts at 11 or 12 or 1!!! However, just go there for the chocolate items and you shall not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
Rome, Italy
“Tasty dinner, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I chose to dine here based on vicinity to my hotel ( riverside oriental) and the 3 reviews in tripadvisor. I was pleasantly surprised. The menu was interesting and varied. It certainly has a Mediterranean feel, with some nice touches. For starter I had the eggplant balls which were lovely, and a cheese platter ( abundant, well selected).
For main, I had a leg of duck, which was very tasty, thought a little on the drier side.
The wine list was more than respectable, with labels from wide variety of countries. I took a south African red and I was very pleased.
The restaurant has a pretty young and informal vibe, it is clearly a hip hang out place.
The best thing however was the service. A Young team, everyone spoke excellent English. Seems like quite a few of them were from Singapore, on a one year internship, trying to learn something about food and wine, and restaurant business. They were all sweet and helpful, and did not mind I arrived for dinner quite late.
I would definitely recommends it for travellers, young couples and anyone who wants a tasty food in pleasant atmosphere. In pudong, this was a really great find, especially because I was keen on not dining in my hotel.

Shanghai, China
“Amazing Chocolate and quiet place just next to the Pearl Tower”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

By a comfortable summer night, I went there with some friends for a dessert. We were sitting outside and it was a real delight.

I didn't try their main courses but it looked quite good from what I could see around.

But the main attraction here is the chocolate. For the chocolate cakes, 4 -5 choices but the 2 best cakes are "Death by chocolate" and "Chocolate Velvet" (36 RMB each), their signature chocolate that you can only find in in the Pudong Hof. We all took the "Chocolate Velvet" and though it's small size, it will empty all the last empty room in your stomach in a delightful way: rich and subtle chocolate, creamy, soft... need to be tried to understand; just like you need to listen to a Mozart concerto to understand its magic.

If the cakes are not enough for you, they provide some chocolate drinks: hot chocolate or chocolate smoothies (with Bailey's or Calvados to add some flavor). Prettt nice too.

We all really enjoyed the environment: finding a quiet place in Shanghai where you can hear the cricket while eating your chocolate cake...is something you appreaciate. Maybe the secret lies in it's hidden location (inside a sunken plazza near the DBS building).

The service is really nice. We wanted to stay after they closed (around midnight) to discuss so they even provided us some plastic glasses for some extra water.

HOF and Whisk: definitely two amazing places to go if you are looking for an amazing chocolate cake.

• Visited August 2011