Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre
Kingtown Hotel(Shanghai)
$50
  • Restaurant
2,037 results
All reviewsthe executive loungenanjing roadpeople's squaregreat hotelwalking distancepeople's parkexcellent locationlounge accessbusiness or pleasurebreakfast buffetjapanese restauranthigh floorconcierge deskrooms are largecorner roomfitness centerbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The front desk guy who speaks spanish is very friendly. I didn't see him when I leave. My neighbour's room was very noisy. A manager changed a room for me. The location is very close to Nanjing road. The concierge recommanded me some place to have fun. They also booked tickets for me. The housekeeping girl who sent me adaptor speaks really good english which is outstanding for a Chinese hotel. You can use free internet as long as you join the member. When I came back in the morning, the lobby was too hot. It is said that air conditioner was turned off in the mid night. Therefore, When I was having my breakfast, I kept sweating.
I will come back to this hotel next time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Maria Inge R
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Visited this hotel with minimal expectations after the horrible experience at Eiffelton Shanghai. I was pleasantly surprised to see the warm welcome, free room upgrade and a very friendly staff.

The rooms were large, well furnished and had a supremely comfortable bed (second only to Hilton's garden sleep system).

The breakfast and lunch/dinner were always going to be troublesome however, the hotel had an Indian chef (Mr Jagmohan Tiwari) who came to our rescue and ensured that all our meals were fully vegetarian :). Special thanks to him !!!

The location of the hotel is great - Its next to the people square and many tourist attractions in Shanghai are right next to it. It is also well connected to metro and taxi services. Overall, it is among the best hotel choices for Shanghai tourists.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Very nice hotel. Convenient location. Close enough to the Nanjing Road pedestrian, within 10 minutes walking distance. From there you could go straight and walk al the way to the Bund, though it's unlikely you'd do it more than once. Also connected to two subway lines. And Xizang Road, with a handful of popular eating places, just two blocks behind the hotel.

Nice rooms. Not the biggest you can find, but acceptable. All fixtures still quite new. Nice bathroom with bathtub and separate rain shower. Love the bath salt provided. Large comfy bed. Crisp, clean sheets. Looks out to what seems like rural city, no big deal.

Strong and fast wifi. Liked it because you don't need to reconnect everyday. It just automatically does.

Friendly staff. Everyone at the front desk, concierge, doormen were all very nice and courteous. Explained politely to us the details of our check-in. Offered us umbrellas on a rainy day. Made sure we know where we're going every time we went out. Also helped got us a cab with the most talkative and well-dressed driver for our trip to the airport.

Overall, good location, nice rooms, nice staff. Would definitely consider staying here again next time in Shanghai.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The room facility is very new and can stay here very comfortably.
Wifi access is also good.
And this hotel is very close to the People's Square, it is so convenient.
If I visit Shanghai again, I will choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We live in Shanghai but stayed here for 6 nights recently after we returned from our summer holiday. Our apartment had some mold issues and had to get cleaned. But despite the inconvenience, it was a real pleasure to stay here and get over our jet lag in the comfort of this hotel. Everyone we ran into had a friendly smile and they were all so nice to our little 4 yr. old daughter. We enjoyed our big breakfast every morning in the restaurant, and because we had executive lounge privileges, we usually ended up in the lounge for dinner. The beds were comfortable, the shower was great, and there were lots of nice amenities in the room and bathroom. We'll definitely come back here if we need to, and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family