“Cold beer, Hot food”

ShangHai Boxing Cat Brewery(FuXing West Road)
Ranked #78 of 17,402 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Former French Concession
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I live in China, and visited Boxing Cat while on vacation in Shanghai. Cold (american style) beer and awesome food. In my 10 days there, I ate at Boxing Cat 4 times. Excellent service, Large portions and the best beer in Asia. The burgers are amazing, as well as the Nachos. My friend ate Mac and Cheese as well as burgers. This is by far the best western food and beer in China for a reasonable price and wonderful attention to detail. In my opinion, the sign of a successful Western restaurant (in China)is where locals and Chinese are all enjoying. Try it. You will be glad you did.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

If you judge a place by their problem solving, this is the right place for you. Eating my burger ( wonderful), I found a small plastic piece inside: nothing serious. I said to waiter, and they all were very pretty. In a minute the young and lovely director Gin came to apologize, changing my burger and offering a beer for free. Food is good, beer too ( I tasted a tko ipa 6,3º). I asked to pay but they said me I was their guest.
I surely will come back.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I've read mixed reviews on here about this place, but was very pleased with our experience. We were craving a break from weeks of Chinese food and decided to come in here. The food was really good and the beer was very good, even according to US standards. When you get tired of weak Asian beers stop in here for a solid IPA or Porter with a good meal.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Micro breweries and the beer is all about taste - and it's a personal thing - For us the Boxing Cat Brewery didn't quite hit the mark.

We found everything about it (food, service, beer and location) quite average although the tasting "platter" of 6 beers is great value at 65 rmb.

I think its worth a visit to see if the beer works for you - but I doubt we will be returning.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I have now found my favorite place in Shanghai. That place is awsome. The best meal i had the last 2 year.