“One of the best hotels I have stayed in”

The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi
Ranked #8 of 5,161 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I am so glad that I have chosen this hotel.

The hotel is modern, beautiful and clean. The lobby is decorated artistically and smells good which makes me fall in love with the hotel the moment I stepped in.

Check in was efficient. My room was not ready yet as I arrived early in the morning so I sat in the lobby to wait. A lady immediately approached me and asked if she needed to get me some water.

I checked in my flight online and sent my boarding pass to the hotel email address. My printed boarding pass was left in my room the next day without any follow up.

Both the hotel and the service are of 5-star hotel quality. I will definitely stay in this hotel again when I visit Shanghai next time.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Andrew D, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear Littlefoodmonster,
Thank you so much for taking the time out to post a review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the anticipatory service that our staff members provided.We are also happy to hear that you will return and we look forward to many more opportunities to delight you when you next visit Shanghai and The Langham Xintiandi.
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Needless to say, the Langham Xintiandi is probably one of the best value-for-money hotels in Shanghai. It's beautiful, clean, smells good, and very friendly and polite staff members. The room is spacious with a nice modern oriental touch. The ensuite area - the best one I've seen in hotels so far! They use one of those Japanese (toto) automated & heated toilet seats, and the actual bath/shower room was spacious, tiled with stone all around - during winter days you can easily spend 15-30min in the bathtub!

We chose the Club lounge package, which was well worth it as eating out in Shanghai is not really that cheap (unless you go for street or fast food). Having your afternoon tea and dinner in the Club Lounge up on the high floor makes you feel like you are in some kind of fine dining restaurant.

On our last day, we had to do a 4am early checkout due to our flight. We were dreading about the fact that we had to cut our sleep short and leave without breakfast to the airport, however, one of the Club Lounge staff members not only kindly offered us to take care of the early checkout at the lounge (much easier & faster), but also prepare a small pack of breakfast for us to consume on our way to the airport. To be honest, we've never really expected anything from the hotel for the fact that we had to leave that early. This simple service was anything but thoughtful, something you don't really experience much these days. I really praise, and appreciate the personalised service that was received at this hotel, especially in the Club Lounge.

Room Tip: Club Lounge - definitely worth the money! Great Breakfast buffet too, with fresh sashimi-grade salmo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lil_tabi
Andrew D, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear lil_tabi,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Tripadvisor.Your kind comments about our Club lounge facilities and the thoughtful staff member will be shared with the team.The special recognition of anticipatory thoughtful service is much appreciated and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

My husband and I wanted to enjoy a special week end in Shanghai and wisely chose Langham Xintiandi. We enjoyed the high quality of the room design and features, especially the well equipped bathroom with perfect water pressure of the rain shower. The lounge offering is so extensive it was sometimes difficult to resist and leave some place to explore Shanghai's restaurants. Service quality was overall good, though I would recommend a bit more attention from management to ensure proper training of service staff at the food station of the lounge. All in all, this one counts among our greatest city hotel experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew D, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear frenchconnection88,
Thank you for taking the time out to post a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel facilities in particular our Club Lounge. I have made a note of your comments regards the training of our food server and we will improve in this area. We look forward to the opportunity to be of service again.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stayed in this hotel twice, both for business. Iconic facade of the building means you can't miss it amidst the Xintiandi area. Plenty of shopping malls, restaurants and nightlife options around, all within walking distance. Impeccable service from the hotel staff means even if something is not to your preference, they'd do their best to get it rectified asap. Some of the staff could do with a better command of English, but their enthusiasm and service level makes up for it. Love the signature scent in the lobby, right up to the rooms. Executive lounge is beautiful and well stocked with awesome tiffin teasets and evening cocktails. Their staff remember me by name and they're flexible enough for me to bring my unfinished glass of wine back to my hotel room! I had one of the best massages in Chuan Spa, by therapist Apple. I've stayed in a lot of hotels for work, and Langham, although not a big chain, rates high on my list of go-to hotels, even for personal trips. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank cat3ine

Dear Cat3ine,
We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed both your stays at the hotel and we thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. Your feedback will be shared with the team and especially Apple for providing an oustanding massage at Chuan Spa. We do strive to provide friendly intuitive service at all times and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again to your home away from home at The Langham Xintiandi, Shanghai.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was here for a few days and I loved this hotel. The lobby was a little cramped but the hotel rooms were fantastic. Service level of the staff was also good and the areas surrounding the hotel was enough to go around and window shop.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Andrew D, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear JMLagapa,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear that you loved our hotel and found it to be one of the best you have stayed in. Your comments will be shared with the team and we are happy to hear you also enjoyed our wonderful location and our service. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Shanghai has many good hotels but the Langham Xintiandi is in a very good location, has a great executive floor and a couple of terraces that are a lot of fun in Summer (either for private parties or just going to the restaurants). An excellent choice in Shanghai.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Andrew D, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear glxtokyo,
Thank your very much for your review of The Langham Xintiandi on Tripadvisor. Both the Alfreso dining on level 1 and XTD Elevated on level 5 are indeed popular destinations especially in the evenings for outdoor dining during the warm weather months. We look forward to welcoming you back again when your travels next bring you to Shanghai.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Liked everything about this hotel when staying even for just one night. Room was spacious and modern. Gym was acceptable but not large. Staff were always eager to help. Right next to Xintiandi district so easy to walk for restaurant and entertainment options. Busy area so easy to get a cab.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tiger70SH

Dear Tiger70SH,
Thank you for your post on Tripadvisor and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location , the service and the spacious and modern rooms. We look forward to your return and to the opportunity to welcome you back again.