“Great location, excellent rooms and service”

The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi
Ranked #7 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I just stayed at the Langham Xintiandi over Oct 7 and 8, when Typhoon Fitow was pounding China with torrential rain.

The hotel location is fantastic. There's lots of high end shopping to be had just steps from the front door. I'm into watches, and there were boutiques for Blancpain, Breguet, Jacquet Droz, and Glashutte Original right outside the door.

Lots of food establishments within a 5 minute walk, which helped since I didn't get too drenched when going out for meals.

The rooms were very nicely appointed, 5 star quality, and the service was great. I'll stay there again on my next trip to Shanghai.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Outdoor hiker,
Thank you very much for your review of the Langham Xintiandi on tripadvisor.As mentioned in your post our location is one of the best in Shanghai with easy access to other parts of the city. We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the well appointed rooms and the great service provided during your stay.We look forward to your return when you next visit the city.
Hotel Manager

There are newer reviews for The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel has become my favorite shanghai hotel. The location at Xintiandi is perfect for shopping, dining and visiting all the nearby tourist attractions. As an 1865 Voyager member, they honored all the privileges such as the complimentary fruits, water, room upgrade, internet access and late check out. Having friendly English speaking staff made the stay really welcoming. From the moment you arrive at the foyer to the front desk, you are greeted by helpful and friendly staff. My hand carry and bags are immediately taken and check-in was such an easy process with little wait time. I was really amazed. I would like to thank my room service personnel who got me extra Chuan bath salts to make my own bath. The buffet breakfast was really good. The best variety that I have ever seen.

Room Tip: Ask the friendly staff for a quiet room :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank students77

Dear Students77,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of our hotel. We are extremely pleased to note that The Langham Xintiandi is now your favorite hotel in Shanghai.We are also happy that your expectations were met and that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Best regards
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 8, 2013

From the time that you walk in the foyer every employee goes out of their way to make you feel special. This is done in a relaxed natural manner. The location is excellent, 5 minute walk to the subway and the hotel is in the French Quarter area of Shanghai. This area has a range of excellent quality restaurants, shopping and night life. The whole area has a safe feel with unobtrusive security people. The rooms are jaw dropping, from the spacious living area, wet room with a deep bath and 2 showers and the "Private Kitchen" that has a coffee machine for the extra touch of class.The finishes are exceptional and sparkling clean. Yes, this is a standard room. The turn down service includes slippers and a night tray with fresh water etc. What more can one wish for? Everything is controlled by the touch of a button including the curtains. This is luxury at its most affordable best. We ate breakfast and as we aren't big eaters we selected from the A La Carte menu which had a good range and reasonably priced for a hotel of this standard. Basic toast wasn't on the menu and it wasn't any problem for Eric to organise this for my daughter. The service that we received at dinner was unobtrusive yet there when needed- just perfect. The ambience with the large chandelier and outside dining made each of our dining experiences pleasurable and memorable. I had trouble booking two rooms using their website which needs you to book one room then it asks at the end would you like to book another.I emailed and received advice in a timely manner. We requested the two rooms to be close by as we are a family and upon arrival we had been given adjoining rooms which was wonderful. We will definitely be staying there on our next trip to Shanghai. I'm afraid that my words of recommendation do not do justice to this hotel and its staff - all I can say is well done to each and every employee that we had contact with and thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Margaret S
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Margaret S,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a positive review of The Langham Xintiandi. We have shared your comments with the team who are delighted to hear that your stay was indeed superb in every way.We do look forward to your next visit to Shanghai.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have been to Shanghai several times. The Langham Xintiandi is now my favorite hotel. Love the location, service, and smiles. From the doormen to the front desk personnel to the club room staff...everyone was personable and attentive. Excellent rooms. Look forward to a return!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kate133,
Thank you for your very kind post on TripAdvisor of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel especially our great location, service and friendly team members. We sincerely look forward to your return,

Reviewed October 2, 2013

You could not fault anything with this hotel or the magnificent customer service. From the moment I entered the hotel until I checked out the level of service was the best I have ever experienced.I can reccomend this hotel to anyone wanting to experience "EXCELLENCE"
Also please try the restaurants within the hotel if you want to experience true fine dining , excellent taste sensations and all this at very reasonable prices.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank catherine1948773

Dear Catherine1948773,
We sincerely appreciate the positive review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is indeed heartening to note that you had a seamless stay and that you experienced excellent service. We do hope to have the opportunity to be of service again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Langham Xintiandi in Shanghai was a wonderful experience. I stayed there solo for three nights, and it was a wonderful experience from the moment I left the airport (and they checked me in via transit, allowing me to avoid the front desk en route to the bed), to the moment I left.

The room was fine, dark colors accented by the Langham's signature pink color. A hallway leads past a small coffee/minibar area and to the main bedroom area. The bathroom has a sink across from the closet, and then the toilet area, and at the very end sat the walk-in rainforest shower (with a full-size tub in it).

The highlight of the bathroom is the toilet. There is a control panel nearby that has more buttons than a rocket ship. It totally changes the experience of using the toilet. I have colleagues who must have sat there for hours.

For working out, the gym facility was good (except the weights had been replaced by a crazy resistance pulley system built into the wall). But the highlight is the pool in the basement--a beautiful long pool perfect for lap swimming (so long as there aren't kids frolicking in it; it should be deep enough to prevent families with small kids from blocking the lanes).

The hotel itself is located in a hopping area of Shanghai with plenty of bars and restaurants nearby.

The breakfast spread in the lobby has a broad range of foods both western and eastern. The club level has a nice place to getaway among spectacular views of the city.

I will return!

Room Tip: Make sure to use the club floor!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ladodgerone

Dear Ladodgerone,
Thank you for posting a detailed positive review of our hotel on Trip Advisor and we are happy to note that you enjoyed the facilities and service provided by the team. We look forward to your return when your travels next bring you to Shanghai.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I am a frequent guest of this hotel having stayed multiple times for extended periods over the past year. I must say that each time my experience is simply outstanding. It starts with the Staff, from the bellman, to the front desk, to the room attendants, the wait staff - they are all simply amazing (I would say the best I have experienced).

If you can I would upgrade to the Club Lounge - it is a wonderful escape for a coffee or a glass of wine. The Staff in the Lounge are the best of the best. They are so knowledgable and helpful with directions, train tickets, shopping tips, etc. The breakfast here is very good and the evening snacks and drinks are excellent.

The rooms are consistently top notch. They are quiet, the beds comfortable, linens always seem new as do the towels. In room amenities are superior. Bathroom is without a doubt an experience to enjoy (shower and toilet are so unique and simply awesome).

Location is fantastic - close to two metro lines, plenty of restaurants, shopping, etc.

This hotel consistently and routinely deliveres an excellent and outstanding experience. I would not stay anywhere else in Shanghai.

Room Tip: I have not ever had a bad room during any of my stays.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rod A

Dear Rod A,
Thank you so much for posting such a positive review of our hotel. We are extremely glad to hear that we are achieving consistency in delivering an excellent experience during your stays with us. Your comments about our Club Lounge will be shared with the team who Im sure will be most appreciative of this recognition. We do look forward to your next trip to Shanghai.