“Great hotel and centrally located”

The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi
Ranked #7 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have stayed at the Langham Xintiandi a couple of times now and each time the stay is high quality and tough to beat. Service is attentive yet unobtrusive and the fit-out of the hotel is first class. Rooms are decent sized, modern and cannot be faulted. Location is very central and convenient in terms of getting around Shanghai and access to taxis and obviously Xintiandi is on the doorstep if you want to be super lazy. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Higher floor; facing Xintiandi and away from the lift.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear BurgerflipperHK,
Thank you for taking the time to post a recommend Trip Advisor review of our hotel. We are glad to note that you have already stayed with us on two occasions and that you found our service and facilities to be of a high quality and tough to beat. Our location is truly outstanding in the heart of Xintiandi with its great restaurants, bars and entertainment venues as well as high end luxury shopping closeby on Huaihai road all within walking distance.
We hope you will visit again in the not too distant future.
Kind regards

There are newer reviews for The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was my first time in Langham XinTianDi. Having stayed almost in every hotel in Shanghai, this came as a big surprise. The reception area is small and does not in any way convey the grandeur or the luxury of the place within.
The rooms are BIG and several arrangements are possible depending upon what you like. There is a in room closet, a grand idea, but a bit cumbersome due to the layout and you better forget and not try to retrieve if you drop something there. The toilet is simply luxurious with heated and fully automated seats. This was the best feature of the room and you have to see it to believe it.
The bath is nice and relaxing. The amenities provided are simply the best. Drapes and sheers are fully automated and my room afforded a splendid view of XinTianDi. Everything about this hotel is best in class including the restaurant spa and location. M2, Arguably the best club in Shanghai is couple of minutes away. The breakfast was simply EXPANSIVE!

This was my most enjoyable stay in Shanghai and I have lived there for years. I will return.

Room Tip: Get the directions in writing at the reception if you want to go out. The given directions may be a...

Dear Travel_Grande,
Thank you for your post of our hotel and we are glad that this was your most enjoyable stay in Shanghai.Your comments about our in room facilities and amenities, expansive breakfast buffet as well as our great location in the city are most appreciated.
We look forward to your return,

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Langham Xintiandai in Shanghai is a lovely hotel. It is in a fabulous location, the interior is beautiful, the service is amazing and the food is very good. It has a fantastic pool and a good gym for a hotel. It is like a sanctuary at the end of a very long working day in Shanghai. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. I will definitely be staying here again. The Langham Xintiandi hotel is my hotel of choice in Shanghai and I have stayed at many. Go on book it!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Skiyogi,
Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful comments of our hotel in your review. We are delighted to hear that The Langham Xintiandi is now your hotel of choice in Shanghai and that you will return to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

First, I was very impressed with sales and reservations. We were delayed a day due to a visa mix-up, and they worked with us on that. This was one of the two hotels we stayed in Shanghai, and I could not have been more pleased with the room. We had a corner room with a great bathroom and tub (a must when traveling with kids). The club lounge was a great alternative for breakfast and the staff were attentive. We had the buffet breakfast by the lobby early one day, and the selection was expansive. Loved the location. Easy to get cabs, and right across from Starbucks and Haagen Daz. A great stay in a big city!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TavelerV

Dear TavelerV,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that your stay was great and that our Reservation and Sales team were able to assist with ensuring your stay was comfortable. Your appreciative comments about the room,Club Lounge service and the breakfast buffet will be shared with the respective teams. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Best regards

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The service, room decor staff, and food we outstanding and contributed to an outstanding stay at the Langham.
We recommend this hotel and enjoyed our two night stay and hope to return in September.

It was truly and outstanding experience..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Langham_Xintiandi, Hotel Manager at The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear jannie17,
Thank you very much for your post on Trip Advisor. It is always wonderful to receive such an outstanding review and we are happy to hear that your stay was excellent as a result of the great staff and service,nice rooms and excellent food and beverage. We will look forward to your return in September.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at The Langham Xintiandi last week for two nights. The welcome was amazing, and the staff anticipated my needs by answering questions I had before I even asked them. Quite amazing. Leon, who showed me to my room, was chatty without being annoying and seemed to really enjoy his job. My room was spectacular, overlooking XTD and the park - and it was well equipped with everything I could ask for. Beautifully furnished in elegant contemporary style, it was really well laid out. I loved the changing room, my own ironing board/iron, full length mirrors and amenities.
A definite plus of this hotel is the 24 hour lounge on 27/F (for an extra charge). I was able to get a nice glass of red wine after being out for the evening and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Steven, at the Club, arranged the best table at Mercato, a great restaurant at Three on the Bund and a must do, whilst his colleague (can't remember his name) offered to put my rushed coffee on checkout (I woke up late) into a takeaway cup for my taxi ride to the airport.
All in all, a fantastic stay in a well run, friendly, and very comfortable hotel. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and go for a Club Room - it is so worthwhile with a fantastic breakfast.
1  Thank HongKongFan

Dear HongKongFan,
We are delighted to hear your stay was fantastic and that you will be back again. Your kind words of acknowledgement of the service provided by both Leon and Stephen will be shared with them and the team. We do take great pride in providing intuitive friendly service and we will continue to get better everyday in our constant quest for service and product excellence.
Thank you for your post of our hotel and we look forward to your return.
Best regards

Reviewed July 21, 2013

In past business trips to Shanghai I've stayed at the JW Marriott at Tomorrow Square and the Mandarin Oriental. The major thing that separates the Langham from those two hotels is the surrounding area. The Langham is bordered by an area that is very lively at night with an international crowd: good restaurants/bars, music, areas to walk with trees and greenery, cool vibe, and good shopping areas.
The service was excellent (which I think is relatively customary for the higher end hotels in Shanghai), and the rooms were nice. I agree with another reviewer about the handles on some of the furniture and it being a bit dim -- I opened the closet and ripped the handle off like it was a toy, and was always trying to get a bit more light in the bathroom. However, the shower was awesome and large enough to fit a village. Most of the room was mechanized so drapes, lights, etc were all on master switches.
The breakfast buffet was nice and the service was attentive despite it being a buffet. They have a dinner buffet in the same area, which was good as well but a bit spendy.
You have to take a taxi or prepare for a long walk to the river or Bund, yet I think the surroundings are worth it to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear CL Mass,
Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel.We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our location with great dining venues,shopping and entertainment closeby as well as the great rooms and the excellent service. We will review the comments about our closet and lighting and improve in these areas.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.
Kind regards