“Fine for first time visitors”

Big Bus Tours Shanghai
Book In Advance
More Info
$30.80*
and up
Shanghai Bus Tour Hop-on Hop-off Premium Ticket including City Top Attraction...
Ranked #33 of 123 Tours in Shanghai
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We found this tour company very convenient and the staff was friendly and helpful. We were here in offseason so the bus was empty most of the time. We tried all 3 routes over 48 hours. I would suggest that the stops be more clearly marked on the maps so we didnt have to wander the streets looking for the signs. Also, in one bus, a few of the audio startions didn't work. Otherwise, highly recommended.

3  Thank twosons08
There are newer reviews for Big Bus Tours Shanghai

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Been on several hop-on-hop-off tours across the globe, love these tours - they give you a very good overview of the city you are visiting and helps in getting your bearings. I didnt enjoy my day out with BB in Shanghai though. Staff seemed to much more focused on sales than on service -once you bought your ticket the staff forgets about you. 2nd time I boarded the bus I went to sit in the front upstairs and bumped my head pretty hard on the mounted "security camera" - being taller than an average Chinese. I immediately became dizzy and complained to the staff at the next stop (eg about that there is no warning sign fixed anywhere) they literaly turned their back and walked away. By this time I could bearly stand on my feet because of dizzines and called a cab who took me back to my hotel in 25mins. Hotel called a doc who ordered me to 2 days bed rest for my concussion....

3  Thank SydneyTravelalot
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Got a ticket from one of their reps at the departure point, and got on without knowing what to expect. Had a great 48 hours overview with included attractions and river cruise. Shanghai can be difficult to navigate - especially for one like me with no Chinese language ability, but their staff were helpful and spoke English. Really enjoyed it.

2  Thank Bryan H
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Do it if you're very limited in time. Otherwise reconsider having your own plans of visitings according to the bus routs map.. that's my humble advise

2  Thank DannyFain
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We took the bus tour on the second day we were in Shanghai and were sorry we did not do it on the first day - this is a great way to get an overview of the city. While the recorded audio could have been better, it did give a brief review of what we were seeing. Once we heard the name, we just referred to a free brochure from the hotel which provided a more detailed description. The top deck of the bus can get quite hot, so you may want to sit in the shaded section, or in the air-conditioned area below on hot days. There are two lines for this bus, we took both and found that service was good on both. However, the bus does not run late - so make sure you are at your final destination before the last run.

3  Thank Denver_Mullican