$188
$145
  • Breakfast included
$156
  • Pool
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
$162
$282
$436
$297
  • Restaurant
All reviewshailun roadjapanese restaurantthe club loungemetro stationspg platinumbund viewthe entire hoteltop floorbusiness tripvery nice hotelfour nightsbund areaconvenient locationbreakfast buffetpudong airportmiyabitaxi
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We arrived from a delayed flight and were rather tired so to be met by confusion and 3 room changes was rather annoying to say the least. At check in the young lady didn't seem to know what she was doing and a gentleman was "helping" her although this seemed to make things worse. Initially asked if we needed 2 rooms - despite this being an anniversary trip which they failed to acknowledge. She didn't tell me she was pre authorising my credit card or for how much but did it anyway for more than any of the other starwood hotels including the St Regis in Beijing - I appreciate it's normal practice but it is polite to advise the customer. Then the rate card she gave me to sign was wrong but he just said oh that's OK and scribbled on it - we were charged correctly on check out but it's just bad customer service. We were given a room key with no comment and sent on our way. On reaching the lift I realised this wasn't even on an SPG floor and when the lift opened it was a smoking floor. I went back to reception as we had clearly prebooked non smoking. I was told we're very busy, etc - sorry but we'll upgrade you to a higher floor but it'll still be smoking. They categorically said there was nothing else then sent someone who spoke no English at all with me. I went to look and said no it smells of smoke and low and behold another non smoking room was finally found.
Conceirge and bell boys were helpful and room was lovely with nice view and hotel itself is very convenient for 2 metro lines so it's easy to get about. Lots of good street food close by and I can recommend Hai Di Lao for hotpot and excellent service which is within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dnaray
Mickey Z, Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Likestogetabout ,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou hotel. We will bring your valuable feedback to the concerned department head immediately and get back to you soon. Please accept our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you.
Should you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact our guest service manager at gsm.hongkou@sheraton.com.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Please see my last review - Sheraton Changchun - and you will appreciate the words I am expressing on the Sheraton Hongkou. We stayed at the Hongkou as the 3rd hotel in 4 cities that we visited. Tianjin St Regis, followed by Sheraton Changchun and ending in Sheraton Hongkou. When you walk into the Hongkou, you notice the night and day difference from Changchun right off the bat.

The first thing I observed was some European airline crew checking in - about a dozen of them, pilots/cabin crew. I also noticed regular tourist/guests checking in - and then there was me checking in. In less than 5 mins I had my room key, escort to the elevator and I was up to my room. Despite all the people checking in, everything ran smoothly, no errors, no delays - this is an example of a hotel that is run smoothly and well managed.

The room I had was very nice - clean, air con was already on, plenty of bottles of water, everything was magnificent. I've stayed at the Hongkou before and they apprently know I like extra shampoo so that was already pre-provided. Thinking of guests needs - that's what this hotel does.

I eat breakfast very early, around 630 am, and I decided to not eat in the lounge but go for the full spread in the main dining restaurant feast. One of the best spreads I have ever seen, everything was fresh, hot, and the egg station was ready despite the early hour.

This hotel defines what I call excellent hardware with excellent software. The staff are all professional, management clearly lead from the top down, the hotel handles tour groups, cabin crews, individual business travelers, all with ease and profesionalism.

Shanghai has a lot of excellent hotels - I guarantee you a hassle free, relaxing stay at this hotel. Time is critical for me, i care about efficiency, and i care about the little things. Well done team sheraton hongkou!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank emandjeff
Sheraton_Hongkou, Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear emandjeff,

Thank for taking the time to write a detailed comment and I am delighted that we were able to make your stay pleasant! I have shared your comments with our team and we will do our best to make every guests experience memorable.

Please do contact me if you ever plan to visit us again so that I could personally take care of your well being and room allocation.

Have a wonderful day

Warm Regards

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Rooms spacious and very clean. There was a lovely sunken bath and separate shower and toilet cubicle. Massive comfortable bed with high quality bedding. Bar in the lobby was reasonably priced and the service was very good. Front desk were very efficient. Location is good - close to the train station and a short taxi ride to the Bund. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Bond1308

Dear Bond1308,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.
We are looking forward to welcome you back and please be so kind and do contact me if you ever plan to visit us again.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've had great stays in this hotel.
Bedrooms are very big and well furnished,bathrooms have a great shower and bath all together!
Staff very friendly.
Pool and spa also very good!
Free wifi.
Highly recommend this hotel, its not central but its walking distance from one of Shanghai malls.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear hibg,

Thank you for the nice comments and it is fantastic to see that we were able to WoW you!

Please do contact me if you ever plan to visit us again so that I could personally take care of your room allocation.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Since early 2011, I have been staying mostly at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou hotel whenever I travel to Shanghai.

Besides the fact that the hotel itself being relatively new (~3 years old) and well furnished, I like the pool and the Lounge (on 37th floor) the most.

The pool is sufficiently large (I guess 25 m by 8 m) and they have a Jaccuzi as well.

In addition, the staff in the Lounge are very helpful and friendly and they made me feel at home.

If you do not need a hot right located at the bund, I strongly recommend this hotel and I believe you will get similar good experiences that I had so far.

Cheers,
Paul

Room Tip: The good rooms are 08, 12 or 18 of each floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_Hongkou, Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Paul N,

Thank you for the great comments! We will continue to look well after you!