“Treated like a King” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #74 of 4,971 Hotels in Shanghai
London, England
“Treated like a King”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I'd read reviews before I booked this place and because of those reviews I decided to push the boat out and stay up in the Executive rooms. OMG, what an experience. I can't praise these guys enough. Let me just say the rooms are spectacular, I had a beautiful view of The Bund and the surrounding area. The rooms are just beautiful. What made this visit was the access to the Executive lounge, believe me. If you want some style and sophistication then it's where you should go. Nitin and Paul are such nice cool guys who can make you feel like you're at home relaxing by the fire. They take such pride in what they do and make every guest feel special. I asked for an English fry up with HP sauce and the moment I arrived for breakfast they produced my fry along with the HP sauce. I mean, I was blown away. The next day I had eggs Benedikt with Scottish smoked salmon. It was all such class. Up on Executive they have a drinks evening from 5pm to 8pm. The wine flowed and it was great wine too. I truly had a great time at this place and of course I'll be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tajine
Sheraton_Hongkou, Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Tajine,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comment and I am really happy that we were able to WoW you. I still do remember you and it was fantastic to have you met personally in our lounge.

Please let me know if you ever plan to visit us again so that I could personally take care of your room allocation and well being!

Take care and greetings as well from Paul!

nitin.abbi@sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

i would like to repeat as i said in my capation for me and my husband it was like staying in my home away from our home we stayed 3 nights 4 days and it was wonderfull experience in terms of room which was quite calm and all facilities ..staff was really friendly and english speaking.i would like to thanks NITIN ABBEY who helped us lot during our stay..i would always prefer to part of sheraton group..

Room Tip: to have good view of the Shanghai Bund ....Go for Club Lounge
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Nandita G,

Thank you for your comments and it is good to see that you had a wonderful stay.

Please do contact me if you ever plan to visit us again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

-The room It was calm and quite, you can have a deep sleep.

- Almost everything is provided in the room.

- friendly staff (specially the Japanese restaurant waitress)

- the club room was much comfortable than the other rooms.

- I didn't like the idea of the curtain at the bathroom.

Room Tip: Club room is the best
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Omaima,

Thank you for your comments and it is good to see that you had an enjoyable stay.

Please contact me if you ever plan to visit us again.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a pleasant faciltiy, with good rooms located in an uninteresting area, although close to a subway station. The staff are friendly, but their level of English sometimes makes communication difficult. I paid extra for a larger (premium) room, but instead of providing the larger room, they just put me in a standard room and assured me it was a premium room because although it was smaller, it was on a higher floor (they explained the next day). The staff, while very friendly, appears to accept the basic premise (not uncommon in China) that the customer is always wrong. I contacted the general manager (Mr. McDonald) who on a later visit, more than fairly compensated me for the overcharge on my first visit, but the room director couldn't resist politely asserting again before I left that the room I was in was a premium room despite pictures and descriptions on the website that clearly showed I wasn't (and I had been in a premium room before, and knew exactly what it is like). The hotel has potential, but simply isn't yet up to International Standards.

Room Tip: High up with a nice view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear TominLa,

Thank you for your comment and we have noted down your feedback which will allow us to improve our services and products.

Please do contact me if you ever plan to visit us again!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was the 2nd hotel I stayed at part of our anniversary trip to Shanghai. We booked 3 nights and the last two nights with club lounge access...solely based on the wonderful reviews of the club lounge and service. We were extremely looking forward to staying here.

The service at the front desk on Dec 9,2012 around noon was below average. They could not find our reservation and luckily I had everything saved in my email. I showed the gentlemen our email confirmation and he finally found our reservation. And then he did not give us any information about club lounge and benefits. I asked him which level was the club lounge located and do we have club lounge access for our stay. He had no idea but made a phone call somewhere to find out. They gave me a feeling I was bothering them and I shouldn't ask them anything. But when I checked out on Dec 12,2012, the gentlemen that helped us was extremely friendly and helpful. So I guess the service at the front desk really varies.

The good things began when we reached our room on the club floor, a beautiful spacious room with nice views of the Park Hyatt (bottle opener) building and Pearl Tv Tower. We later enjoyed many lovely sunrise and sunset views during our stay. The highlight of the club room was the bathroom, a huge glass door rainforest shower,deep soaker tub, backlit mirror and vanity mirror.

The swimming pool was wonderful, it is an indoor infinity edge pool, heated! Beautiful resort like lounge chairs are put on both sides of the pool. There is a bar where you can order food and drinks and covered with fresh towels and free bottled water. Inside the women's and men's change rooms, there is the steam and sauna rooms, showers and big soaking tubs. Every guest is given a key to a locker and inside you will find a pair of rubber slippers. The gym also look very nicely equipped but we didn't try it out. Beside the reception desk there are sofas where you can chill and read magazines.

We were at the club lounge on the 37th floor everyday, the breakfast was the best! The made to order menu had the most delicious apple pancake I have tasted and the signature club breakfast with eggs,sausage,roasted peeled tomatoes,hash brown,tomatoes,bacon and toast under the eggs was our favourite. I'm still craving the apple pancake ever since I came back to Canada last week. The service is wonderful and caring. The club lounge manager Nitin Abbi made our stay seamless. He was very friendly and professional. I would highly recommend that you contact him to ensure your stay at Sheraton Hongkou Sanzhi will be a memorable one. We wish all hotels had Nitin Abbi to be there to take care of us.

There is also a printer,copier,meeting room and free computers to use in the club lounge.

We also tried the buffet breakfast offered at feast. There was a lot of choices but we immediately missed the serene atmosphere and attentive service at the club lounge. I ordered a noodle with tomatoes and mushrooms. The station chef was somehow not paying attention and gave me a bowl of noodles only. And when I asked for my tomatoes and mushrooms, he gave me one of each. Somehow, I thought this was a little stingy and there was no line up behind me so I didn't understand.

The location of the hotel was in a residential area but there are two MTR stations right outside the hotel..only a 2 minute walk. This was perfect for us, going to nanjing road and yu yuan garden.

The hotel elevators are spacious and fast. The hallways are dimly lit but gives a good mood and nicely decorated with art.

Overall, transportation is no problem at this hotel and the rooms and swimming pool are wonderfully designed. You can find an oasis when you come back from a long day outside in the busy busy city of Shanghai. Choose a club room if possible, Nitin Abbi and his lounge staff will be there for you.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Nitin Abbi again for making our stay perfect! We will be back!

Room Tip: Choose a Club room. Enjoy the breakfast,afternoon tea and evening snacks and most of all wonderful s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yukimii
Dear Yukimii,

Thank you very much for your detailed comment regarding your stay at our property. As well a big thank you for the kind words related to our club lounge.

Please do contact me if you ever plan to visit us again!

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and I'll definitely be returning. Fantastic value for money. Just a 2-minute walk to the metro station which is 4 stops away from the shopping area. Rooms are spacious and new. What really impressed me is the quality of the rooms and service vs. the price. Wifi is free. Loved the spacious bathroom which includes both shower n bathtub. If I had to complain, I'd only wish they provided cotton bud as part of the toiletries.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear miss_natq,

Thank you for the wonderful review and I have passed your comments regarding the cotton bud to our executive housekeeper.

Please do contact me if you ever plan to visit us again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed in this hotel twice in Oct'12 & Nov'12 for 5 nights each on a business trip. Size of the room, amenities & view from the the room is awesome. Spread of the breakfast excellent with a caring staff to take care of the Indian food needs of vegetarian. In fact understading that we are indians and treat veg food as strictly vegetarian they made special meals for us on all the days for lunch and dinner a service i have not seen anywhere till date.
Swimming pool is good with 25 meters of length but smells too much chlorine all the time. All the places to see in Shanghai are close by with 10 kms of hotel and taxis are available at whatever time you need them. Will highly recomend this hotel for business & family alike.

Room Tip: Ask for a Tower view room above 25th floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nitin_705
Dear Nitin_705,

Thank you for your comment and it is wonderful to see that you we were able to WoW you.

Looking forward to welcome you back!