“Very Nice”

Ranked #72 of 5,032 Hotels in Shanghai
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Very Nice”
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We arrived on 3/26, very late. The staff was very kind and accomodating. Any and all questions and directions were answered. The concierge tried to make us reservations at a restaurant that had closed, but made us a reservation at a place that was very similiar. They obtained train tickets for us to Beijing and kept a large portion of our luggage. We had clothes delivered while in Beijing and they were placed in our room upon our return. It is a new hotel, and Taxi drivers were a little confused. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank dovecanyon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 1, 2011

Everyone is very nice and are willing to help you at all times. It is true that the bund is very close and you only need a taxi. They have a metro station right beside the hotel in case you needed one. Everything is very well preserved (since it's new) You have free wifi at the lobby and the food and the lounge floor are great

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Asia
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Hotel is in terrible noise condition. The hotel allows on a Sunday constructions accompanied with terrible construction noise, from 8am until 4:30pm.
The foreign hotel management is not on duty and the local management team, which is on duty doesn’t bother about the situation and ignores it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank wwtravlerAsia
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2011

After many years of travelling in Asia , I found what I would name my second home. This new hotel near the bund is really something to see. Wonderfull peoples from management level to employes at the door they are all excellent peoples.
Everything super clean , quiet , safe and and and super food .

By far the best in Shanghai .

J.L
Caransas inc Canada
Caransas inc Canada

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
shanghai
Reviewed March 2, 2011

the website pretends its close to Nanjing Rd, the gym has only 1 working running machines, and the outside is still being built and has roadworks.................why does Sheraton allow its name to adorn unfinished hotels...............how sad

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank souness55
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 26, 2011

It's New SHERATON hotel in shanghai (not grand open yet)
- Room very nice, but nothing in the mini bar.
- Location very nice, metro station just in the front of hotel
- Sevice was perfect, staff was friendly, especially door girl who was very helpful and Concierge Manager can give you weigh suggestion.
- Check out speed was quickly
I greatly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Hong Kong
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I stayed for 2 nights in Jan. I encountered a lot of problem there

- when I made the reservation on spg website, they never mentioned that they are still running in soft-opening, i.e. the guests need to be prepared for a below-standard services. I was only casually informed by the hotel staff AFTER I check in the hotel. Otherwise, I never realize that they are soft opening.

- the hotel facilities totally not yet ready, for examples:
a) I did not find any room service menu in my room
b) no softdrink provided in the mini bar, the whole mini bar was empty!
c) I could not find any fire escape floor plan inside the room (as far as I know this is against the local fire prevention law!!!)
d) I need to turn on the water for over 15min in order to get the hot water in the bathroom. (when it was zero degree outside the hotel!!!)
e) the quick dial-up function not yet setup to the room telephone. No one informed me about this. I tried to dial to front desk/room service button but never connected. Finally, I needed to use my own cell phone to call hotel main line in order to seek for assistance!!!
f) I could not find any sign showing the hotel names anywhere outside the hotel building/entrance. I spent me a lot of time with my taxi driver to SEARCH FOR this hotel
g) strong renovation smell in the room. It hurts my throat!

- the staff could not provide assistance to me. When I returned to hotel one night, I heard a very loud and disturbing noise from other room. I called the front desk staff for assistance. She promised me to send people for investigation. After 5 minutes, she called me back and asked me if I was willing to change another room without giving any further explanation. I asked her why I needed to change my room. She said there was some renovation work in progress. I wondered and asked her exactly which room making the noise. She hesitated and told me that they could not confirm exactly which room making the noise because they knocked the door but no one answered. Then I asked her why she told me the noise was from the renovation work when the hotel should have records of which room being under renovation work. She then told me that she told me wrong information. It was not the renovation issue. In fact, the guest inside the room above mine did not response to them. The hotel staff was telling lies to their guest in order to ignore the guest's complaint!!!!!

- when I checked out, I requested the staff to issue me an official fapiao (i.e. official tax invoices) . The staff replied me that no official fapiao could be issued to me because they had not yet purchased this from the local tax bureau. According to the PRC tax rule, I understand that this is an illegal operation for a company not issuing tax invoices!!!! How can Sheraton commence their business without any fapiao?!!!!!!!

This is the most worst experience I encountered in SPG hotel chain. I just wonder if they are really a Sheraton hotel?!

For definitely, I WILL NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL IN FUTURE.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business