“A premier customer service experience”

Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao
Ranked #56 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Bellevue, United States
“A premier customer service experience”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Staff of this Hilton always make genuine and special efforts to satisfy all needs of all customers. They remember my names and what I like to eat and drink. The facility has always been perfect in my room and in all areas where I go, gym, meeting rooms, bar, lounge, etc. are all perfectly maintained and staffed. I think people can get spoiled by staying in this Hilton!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Mr. Lu – Greetings from Hilton Shanghai!

It has been a pleasure to receiving both your comments on Tripadvisor as well as the email you sent to me and my colleagues. I am delighted that we have been able to make you feel so comfortable for so long when you are away from home. We are always happy to welcome you in our Executive Lounge and – when your schedule permits – at our monthly management cocktail. It is always very interesting to hear the stories related to your (complex) work.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and to continue to be “your home away from home”.

Mike Williamson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The Hilton Hongqiao is a gorgeous property on the western side of Shanghai. The hotel is comprised of three towers. All rooms are large and comfortable, and I haven't found nicer accommodations in Shanghai - only comparable at best. There is quick access to the Middle Ring Road for business, and it is an inexpensive cab ride to Shanghai City Center attractions. The Hilton Hongqiao is within walking distance to Hongmei Pedestrian street (Laowaijie) where there are many Western-style restaurants and bars.

The staff at the Hilton Hongqiao are remarkable. Their service is exceptional, and the hotel has a very high standard of professional management. I travel frequently, and it is such a pleasant surprise to be greeted by name by familiar faces and to receive a personal note from the hotel general manager in my room. (Granted this might have to do with frequency of stays, but it's a nice detail.)

Room Tip: All rooms are large and comfortable. Tower 1 houses Standard rooms and suites. Tower 2 houses Delu...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Mr. Chase - Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

It is a pleasure to read your elaborate and encouraging comments with regards to your recent stay at our hotel. We are very flattened by your comment that you “haven’t found nicer accommodations in Shanghai” and that you value our service levels. Although we are a big hotel (662 guest rooms, we are trying to make it feel “small” and to personalize the service as much as possible. Rest assured that I will share your great feedback with all our team members!

Located in Hongqiao, the hotel is easily accessible by various modes of transportation. As you rightly mentioned, the hotel is just off the Middle Ring Road and provides access to Shanghai’s main expressways. As such, Pudong International Airport is just a 45 minute drive and generally without traffic jams. Hongqiao Airport and Hongqiao Highspeed Railway station can be reached within 15 minutes. The majority of our guests stay at our hotel for business purposes or to attend one of the many conference held at the hotel. Over the weekends, however, we do welcome many leisure travelers that wish to relax at our extensive gym and wellness facilities or to enjoy the our weekly Sunday Brunch including kids play area.

I hope to see you at our hotel again soon and that I will then have the pleasure to meeting you in person (in addition to the welcome card). Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly via mike.williamson@hilton.com if there is anything we can assist you with when arranging your next trip to Shanghai.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I returned to this hotel after i stayed here a few times and i stand by my previous reviews THIS HOTEL IS A PERFECT HOTEL!
Not many hotels get this rating from me.
The Service is perfect, The Staff are the best from check in thru the concierge to the room attendant.
They always anticipate what you will need and always happy to help, their English speaking are the best i have seen in china, Check in and check out took minutes, the room was beautiful comfortable and clean, the shower great and the bed heavenly.
The public areas of the hotel are clean and well maintained.
I again strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for your sharing second and, again, encouraging review on Tripadvisor. It is a true pleasure to read your observations that demonstrate we are delivering up to the expectations of seasoned travelers like yourself. Rest assured that I will discuss your kind feedback with all our team members during our next monthly team celebration!

Our hotel is just under three years old and, therefore, among the newest properties in Hongqiao. Together with all team members, we are working hard to keep the hotel in pristine condition (as you noticed) and to ensure every guest feels personally cared for. Being an international hotel, visited by many overseas travelers, we put special emphasis on our team members being able to communicate in English. We actually provide in-house classes to our team members to ensure that all of them can effectively communicate in one additional language, besides Mandarin. I am therefore very pleased that you noticed these efforts, as you are well-able to compare them to other hotels in China.

Once again, thank you for your great review and I truly look forward to seeing at our hotel again soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I have stated 4 night totally in executive room,the room was clean and deluxe, big bathroom. Comfortable.And we have a nice cocktail evening time at the executive lounge.
Most staff can speak english and very helpful, the nice doorman was help me to get the taxi going to railway station when I left hotel at 5 am even at the temperature zero degree. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank MikeWongPS
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Mr. Wong - Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you or your kind review and for sharing your feedback about your stay in our “Executive Tower”. I am very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you appreciated the service provided by our team members!

The Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao comprises of three towers, that have all been connected by the main lobby. You stayed in Tower III, i.e. our Executive Tower. This tower only features 84 rooms and can be considered a “hotel within a hotel”. Guests staying in Tower III have a separate entrance and a private reception counter for check in and check out. In addition, these guests may enjoy breakfast in the Executive Lounge. In the evening, pre-dinner cocktails and canapés are being served. The rooms in Tower III are more spacious and particularly designed for business travelers and guests who stay for an extended period of time. All in all, it is a great alternative for those guests looking for privacy and personalised service.

I do hope we may welcome you to our hotel again soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly via mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My family and I moved to Shanghai last year and was living in Hilton for a period of no less than 2 months before we moved into our home.Our experience was simply great.

Room: Big with jacuzzi and clean. Amenities are great.
Wifi: Great wifi coverage with access to Facebook even in China!
Gym: Very well-equipped gym and they even have yoga and dance classes for free.
Swimming pool: Indoor swimming pool that can be used throughout winter.
Parking: Sufficient parking space
Service: Really great service from the concierge to the managers.
Location: Close to Hongqiao airport but far from Pudong airport
Shuttle bus: Shuttle bus to the city center everyday.

Keep it up.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for sharing your great and detailed review about your 2-month stay at our hotel! Having stayed in the hotel for such a long time, I am sure you have been able to experience all facilities and tried all restaurants and bars. I am particularly pleased to read that you value the friendliness and hospitality of all our team members. Rest assured that I will share your encouraging feedback to all of them.

We actually welcome many travelers like yourself. Due to our large rooms (46 sqm/495 sqft), the hotel is ideal for people that need to stay in Shanghai for an extended period of time. We even have some guests staying in the hotel for two years! I understand that you and your family have now moved to your own home. I do hope however that you would like to continue using our extensive gym facilities (we do provide family memberships) or that we may welcome you during the Sunday Afternoon Family Brunch (including dedicated kids area). Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to receive some additional information via mike.williamson@hilton.com.

Once again, thank you for your patronage and for your great review!

Wausau, WI, United States
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The night staff and management was extremely helpful in getting this traveler from an unfamiliar airport and into a comfortable room in the middle the night. As expected they were welcoming and sped me through the check-in progress which I appreciated at 3 AM.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Mr. Thomas – Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for your great comments with regards to your recent stay and your “experience” in Shanghai. My colleagues informed me that you were stranded at Hongqiao Airport at the middle of the night. It was certainly our pleasure to have picked you up from the airport and to bring you to our hotel. I am pleased to read that you had a good night rest afterwards!

Our hotel is in very close proximity to the Hongqiao Hub, i.e. the area with Hongqiao High Speed Railway station and Hongqiao Airport. As such, the hotel is ideal for travelers that need to continue their journey within China. The Hongqiao Hub provides excellent connectivity to all major cities in China’s mainland.

I hope that we may welcome you again during your next trip to Shanghai. Hopefully you will then stay with us for several days giving you the opportunity to also enjoy our extensive gym and wellness facilities. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com of you wish to make your next reservation.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The location is good if you want to be close to both airports. Rooms are spacious and everything worked well, including the wifi.
The service is not what you would expect from a Hilton - rather slow and the staff is just doing their job. Check out before 7 a.m. was slow as only one clerk was available - took me 10 minutes with 2 waiting before me. Food is ok - had much better in hotels in Shanghai with a lower room rate.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your recent stay at our hotel. Although I understand that you enjoyed the rooms and facilities, I am disappointed to read that our service levels were not in line with your expectations. I appreciate for you having brought these to our attention and I will discuss this in further detail with our front desk and culinary teams, respectively. If you wish to share any further details about your stay, please do feel free to reach out to me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com.

As you rightly point out, the hotel is conveniently located for both business and leisure travelers. The Hongqiao Hub (High Speed Railway Station and Hongqiao Airport) is just a 15 minute drive from the hotel. Pudong International Airport can be reached within 40 minutes via one of Shanghai’s main expressways.

I hope that – despite the nuisances you encountered- we will have the chance to welcome you again. I look forward to hearing from you.