“very nice place near golf course”

Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao
Ranked #57 of 5,206 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed July 10, 2013

quite "cool" atmosphere but real good service and the right value for the price. Good choice of restaurants with real good food but elevated prices. Outside hotel nothing to see, Metro station far away. Taxi needed to go to city center

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Mr. Bollig – Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that you appreciate the service and “cool” atmosphere of our hotel. Indeed, as the hotel is just over two years old, the look & feel are very contemporary. Rest assured that I will also forward your comments to our culinary team with regards to the variety and quality of food items.

The hotel is located in Hongqiao area and in close proximity to the major office parks, such as Caoheijing. Yet, in walking distance from the hotel one may also find ‘Laowai Street’ and ‘Hongmei Lu’ – two streets with a variety of restaurants, bars and terraces. As you mentioned, Hongqiao Gold Club is literally a stone-throw away from the hotel. For those travelers that would like to explore downtown Shanghai, the hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to The Bund and Yu Garden. I hope you may have the chance to visit these areas during your next visit with us. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation.

Mike Williamson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton for the 5th time in July 2013. In all 5 visit, i cannot find one fault. The quality of the room is exceptional. the politeness and helpfulness of the staff is second to none. Breakfast covers every possible need and taste. I will certainly stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Mr. Philip – Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

I am very pleased to read your wonderful comments on Tripadvisor. As a ‘regular’ guest of our hotel, I am sure you have had the chance to experience our rooms, various food & beverage outlets and wellness facilities. Indeed it is great to read that you enjoy the breakfast (which offers among the largest selection in Shanghai) and the helpfulness of the staff. Rest assured that I will share your encouraging comments with all team members involved.

I truly hope that I may welcome you personally during your next stay at our hotel. Please feel free to make your booking directly by sending me an email to mike.williamson@hilton.com.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I received good service from the hotel. But there was under construction site near by hotel, I felt a little bit noisy even though midnight. And I wish free wifi service. I received good service from the hotel. But there was under construction site near by hotel, I felt a little bit noisy even though midnight. And I wish free wifi service.

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay on Tripadvisor. It seems like you had overall a very pleasant stay with us and that you appreciate the service from our team members. With regards to the construction site I would like to inform you that we work together closely with the construction company and will not allow any construction activity during the night.

The hotel provides both wired and wireless internet, the latter of which is provided on complimentary basis in all public areas and restaurants. For those travelers that do not bring their own device, the hotel offers complimentary usage of PCs or Mac computers, at their convenience. I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

A great hotel with lovely rooms and great staff.

The hotel is great especially if you are working or attending nearby conferences.

If your travelling just to see the sights, a hotel closer to the action in town might be better.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read that you appreciated our hotel and service – which I most encouraging for the team members.

I understand that you stayed at our hotel on business. Indeed, the hotel is in close proximity to Shanghai’s major economic development zones, notably Caoheijing and Hongqiao. Besides, the hotel offers among the largest conference facilities including a 1,706 sqm / 18,363 sqft ballroom. Yet – during the weekend periods – we do welcome lots of leisure travelers enjoying our extensive wellness facilities, including two tennis courts and 400 sqm / 4,300 sqft gym. Shanghai’s main tourist attractions can be reached in 20 minutes by means of the hotel’s complimentary shuttle bus service.

I hope we may welcome you back to our hotel soon, either on business or on leisure. If you wish to make your next reservation, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for a business trip.

Hotel is very new, one of the better Hiltons in terms of facilities.

Service in general was very good, reception staff were very helpful and friendly.

Night cleaning crew and bell boys need training though. Got yelled at by a cleaning staff for touching the front door at mid night. How else would I be able to get in without pushing the door? Also this is no way to speak to anyone let alone customers.

One of the door boys refused to get a taxi for me at 11am. The rest of the crew were lovely though.

Overall nice hotel, and would def stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Mr. Frank - Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that – overall – you had a enjoyable stay with us and I appreciate your honest feedback about our service. Needless to say, we will take your comments to heart and share with those colleagues that are working during the night.

We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact me via mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Overall experience was good. Handy from Hongqia airpoprt and my driver was so honest and he charged only RMB25 for one way trip. Nice & Spacious room, beautiful open bathroom area. But I hope that we could have supermarket around the site but none. Room cleaning lady was friendly even though I couldn't speak Chinese with her.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

My team and I are delighted to read your feedback about your pleasant stay at our hotel. Indeed, the hotel is in very close proximity to Shanghai’s key transportation hubs, notably Hongqiao Airport and Hongqiao Highspeed Railway Station. As such, it is the ideal venue for those travelers traveling within China.

The hotel opened late 2010 and features among the most spacious guest rooms in Shanghai, with a minimum room size of 46sqm / 495sqft. The vast majority of our team members are Chinese and all of them are working hard to improve their command of English. I therefore hope that you will be able to speak English (or maybe Chinese) during your next visit! Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to make your next reservation on mike.williamson@hilton.com.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is a very nice five-star hotel. The rooms are big, and with all the features you would expect from a five star hotel.
Very fast WiFi (150 RMB per day). I stayed here for a conference in May 2013. It is a bit away from the city centre, so if you are planning a family holiday, maybe better to stay in one of the city centre hotels. However, for a conference or a business hotel, this is an excellent choice. The hotel restaurant serves a wide variety of very good food, and the buffet is a nice way to sample the many different dishes from this region.
Nothing much around the hotel, except big mainly residential skyscrapers.
As this was my first time in Shanghai, I had asked for the hotel to arrange airport pickup. (About 800 RMB, £80). On the return trip to the airport, we got an ordinary taxi (about 250 RMB, £25), available from the hotel gate.
All in all a real five star hotel, very spacious, and ideal for conferences or business meetings.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for your posting elaborate review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that the hotel lived up to your expectations during your first trip to Shanghai! I note that you are a seasoned traveler and spend lots of time in various (branded) hotels around the globe. Therefore, it is even more encouraging to read your feedback, which, I will share with all our team members.

As you rightly pointed out, our hotel offers oversized guest rooms of at least 59 sqm / 635 sqft, including spacious bathroom. Indeed, we can be considered a conference hotel given the variety and number of meeting facilities in our hotel. Yet, we also welcome many leisure travelers and families (during the weekends) that enjoy our extensive wellness facilities, including: 25 meter pool, sundeck, fitness and spa. As such, the hotel is often considered a ‘urban resort’ in the crowded city of Shanghai.

I hope we may welcome you back during your next trip to Shanghai.