“Comfy, Friendly, Neatty”

Ranked #54 of 5,035 Hotels in Shanghai
Seoul, South Korea
“Comfy, Friendly, Neatty”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Overall experience was good. Handy from Hongqia airpoprt and my driver was so honest and he charged only RMB25 for one way trip. Nice & Spacious room, beautiful open bathroom area. But I hope that we could have supermarket around the site but none. Room cleaning lady was friendly even though I couldn't speak Chinese with her.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

My team and I are delighted to read your feedback about your pleasant stay at our hotel. Indeed, the hotel is in very close proximity to Shanghai’s key transportation hubs, notably Hongqiao Airport and Hongqiao Highspeed Railway Station. As such, it is the ideal venue for those travelers traveling within China.

The hotel opened late 2010 and features among the most spacious guest rooms in Shanghai, with a minimum room size of 46sqm / 495sqft. The vast majority of our team members are Chinese and all of them are working hard to improve their command of English. I therefore hope that you will be able to speak English (or maybe Chinese) during your next visit! Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to make your next reservation on mike.williamson@hilton.com.

Mike Williamson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is a very nice five-star hotel. The rooms are big, and with all the features you would expect from a five star hotel.
Very fast WiFi (150 RMB per day). I stayed here for a conference in May 2013. It is a bit away from the city centre, so if you are planning a family holiday, maybe better to stay in one of the city centre hotels. However, for a conference or a business hotel, this is an excellent choice. The hotel restaurant serves a wide variety of very good food, and the buffet is a nice way to sample the many different dishes from this region.
Nothing much around the hotel, except big mainly residential skyscrapers.
As this was my first time in Shanghai, I had asked for the hotel to arrange airport pickup. (About 800 RMB, £80). On the return trip to the airport, we got an ordinary taxi (about 250 RMB, £25), available from the hotel gate.
All in all a real five star hotel, very spacious, and ideal for conferences or business meetings.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for your posting elaborate review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that the hotel lived up to your expectations during your first trip to Shanghai! I note that you are a seasoned traveler and spend lots of time in various (branded) hotels around the globe. Therefore, it is even more encouraging to read your feedback, which, I will share with all our team members.

As you rightly pointed out, our hotel offers oversized guest rooms of at least 59 sqm / 635 sqft, including spacious bathroom. Indeed, we can be considered a conference hotel given the variety and number of meeting facilities in our hotel. Yet, we also welcome many leisure travelers and families (during the weekends) that enjoy our extensive wellness facilities, including: 25 meter pool, sundeck, fitness and spa. As such, the hotel is often considered a ‘urban resort’ in the crowded city of Shanghai.

I hope we may welcome you back during your next trip to Shanghai.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel while in Shangahi. I stayed here for an overnight, the acomidations were excellent and the staff was quite helpful. My first trip to Shangahi was made easy with assistance from the staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

I am pleased to read that we were given the opportunity to host you at our hotel during your first (short) trip to Shanghai. It is a pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable experience and that you appreciate our service. Rest assured that I will share your encouraging feedback with all our team members.

We hope to may welcome you back to our hotel again soon. If there is anything we can assist you with prior to your next trip, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com.

Guelph, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel probably is the best 5 star hotel at Hong Qiao Area in Shanghai based on the rate we paid . We have been really enjoying staying at this hotel in the last two years for our business trip in China . The service is great . The room is very clean and nice . The location is very convenient since it is close to Hongqiao Terminal and has less traffic than in the downtown Shanghai.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

It is a pleasure to read your feedback with regards to your recent stay at our hotel. I am particularly pleased that you consider us to be “the best 5-star hotel in Hongqiao area”. As there is many hotels to choose from in Hongqiao, it is very encouraging that you choose our hotel for our service and room. Rest assured that I will share this with all our team members!

As you are a seasoned traveler to Shanghai and our hotel, you are aware that our hotel is among the newest properties in the city. Due to the proximity to the ‘Hongqiao Transportation Hub’ and office areas such as Caoheijing and Hongqiao Development Zone, it is the ideal venue for business travelers and transit passengers. From the beginning of this year, we also include complementary shuttle service to all our guests to the main office areas and downtown Shanghai.

I hope we may welcome you to our hotel again soon. Please don’t hesitate to dontact me directly if you wish to make your next reservation on mike.williamson@hilton.com.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Hongqiao Hilton is not a bad choice when visiting Shanghai but it certainly isn't life changing.

Pros: spacious and clean rooms, nice lobby, very nice gym and spa, adequate breakfast, friendly/helpful staff, short work to a nice Western restaurant/nightlife area, loud street noise

Cons: location, cost/value, hotel layout (incredibly confusing), HiltonHonors check-in

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that you overall enjoyed your stay, despite your disappointment on the street noise; for which I would like to apologize. Please kindly share me your name If possible, we will update your profile with the preference: "guest prefers quiet room which not facing the street" and it will be well shared with the relevant team. By next time your arrival, trust you will enjoy a relaxing time here with us.

Our hotel is centrally located between Shanghai’s city centre and the “Hongqiao Transportation Hub” (including Hongqiao High Speed Railway Station and Hongqiao Airport). As such, the hotel is the ideal place for business travelers as well as for leisure travelers wanting to explore the city.

At the same time, we also provides free shuttle bus service to the Hongqiao Development Zone and Caohejing High-tech Industrial Development Zone for your convenience. You can get the detail schedules from our concierge team if you need this service. I hope we may welcome you at our hotel again soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to make your next reservation on mike.williamson@hilton.com.

Warm Regards

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a truly wonderful hotel. The staff is first-rate and the hotel itself is in terrific shape. It's a Hilton, but has some very nice touches not found in other Hilton hotels. Rooms are beautifully designed, clean and very comfortable. It is best to have a driver, but the metro station is not far away. Great restaurant choices are nearby and it is a short drive to many chic Shanghai neighborhoods. I really enjoyed my stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the executive levels to get access to an excellent lounge.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. John - Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for your choosing our hotel as the place to stay during your most recent visit to China. The Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao opened late 2010, I presume you stayed in our Executive Tower (Tower III) which offers oversized guest rooms of at least 59 sqm / 635 sqft, including spacious bathroom. Guests staying at the Executive Tower have private check-in/check-out and may enjoy the complimentary benefits of the Executive Lounge (including breakfast, pre-dinner cocktails and refreshments during the day).
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon. If you wish to make your next reservation, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com.

USA
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Hilton Hongqiao is located in outskirt of Hongqiao area. I originally selected this hotel due misconception of close proximity to Shanghai Hongqiao airport but taxi ride took 20 mins from airport to hotel.

The service level is excellent and room is clean and comfortable. Bathroom is huge with separate shower area. Executive lounge located on 3rth floor with excellent selection of breakfast menu. Overall an excellent hotel except for the remote location. There is ongoing construction in front to hotel and nothin along the street except for office building. If you are in Hongqiao area for business meeting, this might be the place, otherwise, I prefer other much central location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience on Tripadvisor. Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao is centrally located between Shanghai’s city centre and the “Hongqiao Transportation Hub” (including Hongqiao High Speed Railway Station and Hongqiao Airport). As such, the hotel is the ideal place for business travelers as well as for leisure travelers wanting to explore the city.

At the same time, we also provide free shuttle bus service to the Shanghai’s key attractions, Hongqiao Development Zone and Caohejing High-tech Industrial Development Zone for your convenience. You can get the detail schedules from our concierge team if you need this service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you at our hotel again soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation.