“Nice Hotel in affluent region”

Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao
Ranked #57 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just got back from a week there, It is a large hotel with three towers in an area that unless you want to try the Korean restaurants around the corner (turn left over the canal and left again) will require a taxi but they are cheap. In fact there is not a lot around in walking distance as it is an affluent suburb. Very quiet by Shanghai standards, not a lot of traffic etc. Not a cheap area, If you wanted to rent an apartment around this area of 100msq the rental price was $4k+ USD per month to buy upwards of a $1m+ USD to buy
Great hotel, Great rooms in the executive tower and perks. Very helpful staff, my only suggestion would be that it would be helpful to have an amenities type /Gift shop on the premises given the locale. I needed some batteries and the concierge came up and said he could get them however he would need to get a taxi.
Very nice, luxurious Just keep in mind the locale. It is not on the Bund and that may be fine for you. It was fine for me as it saved manic Shanghai traffic to visit my client.

Room Tip: Go for the executive tower
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience on Tripadvisor. As you rightly mentioned, the hotel is centrally located between Shanghai’s city centre and the “Hongqiao Transportation Hub” (including Hongqiao High Speed Railway Station and Hongqiao Airport). As such, the hotel is the ideal place for business travelers as well as for leisure travelers wanting to explore the city.

At the same time, we also provides free shuttle bus service to the Hongqiao Development Zone and Caohejing High-tech Industrial Development Zone for your convenience. You can get the detail schedules from our concierge team if you need this service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you at our hotel again soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I travel for work extensively and this is by far the BEST hotel I've ever stayed at. Very accommodating, and kind staff. Gorgeous spacious rooms. Wonderful gym and spa area. Nice indoor/outdoor bar with live music. Very clean and comfortable. Fast Internet. Perfect for business travelers.

• Stayed: May 2013
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for your encouraging feedback and we are delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us. I am pleased to read that you have had the chance to fully use our hotel and its facilities during your stay. Most importantly, I am delighted to read that you value our service. Rest assured that I will share your encouraging comments with all our team members.

Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao is in close proximity to Hongqiao Airport. Both the domestic airport as well as the high-speed railway station can be reached within 20 minutes. Hotel also provides free shuttle bus service to the Hongqiao Development Zone and Caohejing High-tech Industrial Development Zone for your convenience.

I hope we may welcome you at our hotel again soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to make your next reservation on mike.williamson@hilton.com.

Kind regards from Shanghai,

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Spent 1 night (May 8th) at Hilton Hongqiao in Shanghai. This hotel is an excellent choice if you want to be "in the city" but relatively close to the Hongqiao International Airport or railway station. Also, this hotel is within walking distance to Foreigner's pedestrian walk which is an area loaded with international and western style restaurants. As a Hilton Diamond Club member, expect to be pampered and upgraded. I was also pleasantly surprised to find a complimentary bottle of red wine sent to my room while I briefly stepped out. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Location is convenient to Hongqiao Inernational Airport and railway station.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MarcoPoloStarr999
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

It is a pleasure to reading your comments with regards to your recent stay at our hotel. As a HHonors Diamond Member you are a seasoned traveler and, therefore, we are even more pleased to read that you appreciate the complimentary room upgrade and service in the Executive Tower (Tower III). As you rightly mentioned, the hotel is centrally located between Shanghai’s city centre and the “Hongqiao Transportation Hub” (including Hongqiao Highspeed Railway Station and Hongqiao Airport). As such, the hotel is the ideal place for business travelers as well as for leisure travelers wanting to explore the city.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

If you need to stay on the West side of Shanghai, the Hilton Hongqiao is a great choice. I had been staying at the Marriott Changfeng Park, but changed for an event recently and found the Hilton to be a step above.

Overall, the hotel is contemporary and expansive versus the condensed high-rises that dot Shanghai. The lobby is large and inviting and the ground floor bar has a secluded outdoor area to use when the weather is nice.

There are three towers. Tower 1 has the basic rooms. These rooms are well appointed and very comfortable. An interesting feature is that the bathroom is part of the room, but then can be divided by a sliding two doors and a curtain. The beds are comfortable and the work area is laid out well.

In tower two, the rooms are more deluxe. They are slightly larger, have more light and a slightly better layout. The quality of the bed and furniture is equally raised.

Lastly, there is tower 3, which is the executive tower accessed through the executive lounge. These rooms are absolutely top-notch. The rooms feel very upscale, comfortable and quiet. There is a general feel of high quality materials. The layout has a seating area on one side and the bed on on the other. Dividing the room is a huge rotating TV which gives the room a suite feel. These executive rooms are definitely a step above the rest.

The hotel has a nice gym, a pool in which you can do laps and a nice spa. The main hotel restaurant, in which I ate breakfast and lunch, has a great buffet for both meals. As well, ground floor bar is cozy and comfortable.

All the above is great, but the service is what really stood out to me. From check in to check out, there were people available always to answer questions, give you recommendations and address any issues. This is a well run business hotel!

Based on the 5 nights I spent here, I would highly recommend the Hilton if you need to stay in this area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for taking the time to write your elaborate feedback about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you have had the chance to fully use our hotel and its facilities during you 5-day event. Most importantly, I am delighted to read that you value our service. Rest assured that I will share your encouraging comments with all our team members.

Indeed, our hotel is a great venue for both corporate travelers and MICE attendees. The rooms are spacious (> 46 sqm / > 495 sqft) and all feature a oversized bathroom. It is a great place to work, relax and sleep. In addition, the Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao features among the largest meeting facilities in town, including a 1,706 sqm / 76,003 sqft ballroom. Yet, the hotel is also a valued alternative for leisure travelers, given the extensive spa, gym, yoga and pool facilities.

I am sure we may welcome you to our hotel again soon, during one of your regular trips to China. If there is anything I can support you with, please don’t hesitate to contact me on mike.williamson@hilton.com.

Kind regards from Shanghai,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed in Hilton Hongqiao on a business trip for a week. The rooms are good, The location is OK in terms of accessibility to restaurants and places the foreigners hang out.

Location - 7/10
Room quality - 8/10
Front desk experience - 7/10

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Mr. Anand – Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for posting your candid and to-the-point reply on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our rooms whilst on your business trip to Shanghai. As you are a very seasoned traveler to all parts of the world, we take your feedback very much at heart and I will certainly share your comments with our Team Members.

The Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao opened in late 2010 and, therefore, is among the newest hotels in Hongqiao area. The rooms have a minimum size of 46 sqm / 495 sqft and are the ideal place to work and relax in. I hope that during your stay you had the opportunity to further explore the surrounding area of the hotel. Within 10 minutes walking distance, you can find Golden Street, Gubei Street and Laowai Street – all offering a wide array of restaurants and bars. I truly hope we may welcome you back to our hotel soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our room was on the 12th floor next to the lifts. I was a bit worried about the noise at first but from the room, nothing could be heard - only from the bathroom could we hear the lifts. Yet, the room we stayed in was very large, the bed just as big and the view was great too. We had a drink at the bar on the top floor which also had a great view over the city and we enjoyed the excellent breakfast buffet every morning, offering a good range of choices of Asian and European foods.
The staff was extremely helpful as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay in Shanghai. Having read your review, I presume you stayed at the Hilton Shanghai in Jing’An district, which is a different property from the Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao. Yet, I will definitely share your positive comments with my counterpart over there.

Once again, thank you for kind contribution and we look forward to welcome you back at any of the Hilton-branded hotels; either in Shanghai or elsewhere.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is an extremely classy place to stay. Everything is nice. This Hilton can easily be a 4-5 star because of the rooms alone. It's real close to Hongqiao Airport. Good bar. Nice staff. Perfect for business.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Marc – Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

It is a pleasure reading your comments. Thank you for your encouraging feedback and we are delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us. As our hotel opened late 2010 it is still among the newest hotel properties in the city, offering among the largest guest rooms (>46 sqm / >495 sqft) as well as several bars and food and beverage outlets. As you rightly mentioned, the hotel is in close proximity to Hongqiao Airport. Both the domestic airport as well as the high-speed railway station can be reached within 20 minutes.

Kind regards