“Impressed”

Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao
Ranked #57 of 5,206 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very nice rooms, spacious, clean, modern for a reasonable price. The location is OK depending on your reason for stay. If you are visiting Shanghai as a tourist then you might want to get something a little closer to the city centre. If you need to be in this area for whatever reason, it's a very nice hotel. Price/value wise one of the better in Shanghai, definitely in Hongqiao

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Mr. Jeroen,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent, enjoyable, stay with us. Our hotel has been opened for just two years and, as such, the hotel is among the newest properties in Hongqiao; offering among the largest guest rooms in town (>46 sqm / >495 sqft)! Although the hotel is not located in the city centre, it certainly is a convenient location for business travelers due to its proximity to the Hongqiao Development Zone and Caoheijing High-Tech Industrial Zone. Since the beginning of this year, we provide complimentary shuttle service to all guests to these office locations. Besides, Shanghai’s key transportation hubs (notably Hongqiao Airport and Hongqiao Highspeed Railway Station) can all be reached within 20 minutes from the hotel.

We hope to may welcome you to our hotel again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly via mike.williamson@hilton.com if you wish to make your next reservation.

Mike Williamson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I am way delayed in writing this review and more than a review this is a testimonial about this property. I have stayed well over 100 nights at this property in the past 18 months during extended stays in Shanghai. I can certainly call this hotel home and they have always treated me like a member of family. From the time they opened and had few guests to the current state of near max occupancy nightly the service has always been excellent. There are always minor things like any hotel in China or anywhere else in the world but this facility goes out of their way to excel. I could name many employees who have been special and many come and go unfortunately but always replaced by another excellent employee! OK specifics rooms are excellent in all towers and all types - I have probably had nearly every room type and enjoy them all. My favorite is probably tower 2 mainly because of proximity to everything (gym, breakfast, executive lounge,) and the excellent desk area to spread out and work. Internet always works great and they have ample charging stations. Gym, pool and spa area is one of the best anywhere with terrific equipment, televisions for entertainment, and a 25M pool for lap swimming. Bathroom area clean an spacious with nice amenities and extras such as rain shower and soaking tub with TV... food choices are good but expensive they have a buffet breakfast (tons of options), buffet and ala carte dine spot, bar menu, and a Chinese restaurant. Again all quite good depending on your desire. I typically use the executive lounge for breakfast and snacks along with light dinner and this is plenty for myself. Vine is a great space for relaxing with a glass of wine or a cigar although a little odd that it is detached from hotel. I wish they had more western TV options although they have the basics like CNN, CNBC, and several movie stations. The Hong Mei Lu pedestrian street is near by with 25+ dining options of all types including sports bars where you can catch you local games and if they don't have it scheduled ask as they will often accommodate requests....i have watched many midnight football games on a saturday night which are noon saturday kickoffs in the US. The hotel is convenient for myself but is not located in downtown area - it is in Gubei area of Puxi about 10KM from the Bund. They do offer a shuttle to their Waldorf property on the Bund which makes several other stops daily - I have never done this but know many who have and liked the option. There are lots of hotel options in Shanghai but I continue coming back here because they make me feel like home.

Room Tip: You can't make a bad choice - i like tower 2 deluxe rooms and also tower 3 suites but again they...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Bucknut01,

First, let me wish you a Happy Lunar New Year. I hope the year of the Snake will be fortunate for you and your family. Second, I would like to thank you for your extensive “testimonial” on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read your comments regarding our hotel, facilities and service. Your feedback with regards to our Team Members is highly encouraging.

Needless to say, it is a pleasure to continue welcoming you back to our hotel, in particular as you are one of our guests that has been staying with us right from the opening in 2011. It is a privilege to read that we are successful in making you feel “at home”. As we are more long-staying guests in our hotel (some of which will stay with us for over one year), being a ‘home away from home’ is becoming more important.

Once again, thank you for your great feedback and I look forward to personally welcome you in our Executive Lounge or during one of our monthly pre-dinner cocktails in Vine.

Best personal regards,

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at least for 5th Time at Hilton. Enjoy friendly check-in and friendly staff in general (I consider this best in mainland China), spacious rooms, excellent breakfast buffet and a nice 25m swimming pool. Best: free daily shuttle to my company? Coming back? Sure!

• Stayed: February 2013
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Knowing that you have been a regular guest at our hotel, I am grateful to read that you have had a consistently enjoyable time when staying with us. I am especially pleased to read your encouraging comments about our front office staff, extensive breakfast buffet and wellness facilities. Rest assured that I will share your feedback with the appropriate Team Members!

As you mentioned, the Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao provides complimentary shuttle service for all guests to various districts in Shanghai, including: the Bund, Hongqiao Development Zone and Caoheijing High-Tech Industrial Zone. Therefore, the hotel is the ideal place for both leisure and business travelers.

I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon. If there is anything I can assist you with, or if you wish to make your next reservation, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly via mike.williamson@hilton.com.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Excellent hotel overall. The bed was firm and the room was well decorated. The only complaint I had was the water. I tried to take bath but the water looked really yellow. After several tries, I summoned the hotel staff and was told that the yellow water problem was throughout the city of shanghai.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Mr. Samuel,

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for your contribution on Tripadvisor. With regards to your feedback, we tried to contact you directly in order to better understand when you were staying with us and, most importantly, in which room. This would help us to better assess if there is any problem with our water supply, despite the use of various water filtration systems. Our engineering team has already conducted a thorough research to see if there are any issues which, so far, we have not been able to find. In order to assist us, I would appreciate if you can contact me on mike.williamson@hilton.com.

Yet, I am very pleased to read that you did enjoy our hotel and guest room. We therefore hope to may welcome you to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I wa stay there for office converence. The hotel has beautiful atmosphere. The room is very comfort and the bathroom have bath tub and shower room. The in-door pool is very nice. They have jacuzzi, sauna and spacious locker room. Overall I am very satisfied and will absolutely bring my family to stay there.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank ajeng_jengky
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our guest rooms and our wellness facilities. As you mentioned, our hotel is a great venue for both meetings and “weekend get-away” for families. Our 1,706 sqm / 18,360 sqft ballroom is among the largest in Shanghai and can host up to 1,000 people for dinner. During weekends, we welcome many families in the hotel enjoying the indoor pool and our Sunday Kids Family Brunch. On Saturdays, we organize kids cooking classes during which children can learn how to make dim sum, cookies or candy floss. Hopefully you will have the time to bring your family here next time for a weekend at leisure!

We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This hotel does not dissapoint. Its my first choice for the Hongqiao area. It's close to Hongqiao Airport and Train Station. Fantastic rooms, very clean, very modern - I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for sharing your short, but kind review. I am delighted to read that you enjoy our hotel and value our excellent service. This is very encouraging feedback for our Team Members, which, I will certainly share with them. Indeed, our hotel is among the newest properties in Hongqiao area and we feature the largest guest rooms (>46 sqm / >495 sqft). Due to the hotel’s proximity to Hongqiao Airport and the Highspeed Railway Station, the hotel is the ideal venue for those guests traveling to and from China’s major cities.

Once again, thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel - while not so obvious from the outside - offered fantastic service, a great breakfast buffet. They cater to international visitors - with things like many English speaking staffers, a great variety of TV channels and a good menu of dining choices.

It is a place to stay - not a place to hang out. The bar was just fine and like the rest of the hotel had great service.

But the room? It was amazing for Shanghai. Beautfiul decor, enormous rain shower, enormous soaking tub and lots of ammenities to comfort during the stay.

Internet worked fine and room service was good. Also - the spa was very good!

I couldn't ask for more...

Room Tip: Eat breakfast here before you head out for the day. Their buffet offers an enormous variety of food...
1  Thank princess_software
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

It is a pleasure reading your comments. Thank you for your encouraging feedback and we are delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us. As our hotel opened late 2010 it is still among the newest hotel properties in the city. As you rightly mentioned, our guest rooms are spacious (>46 sqm / >495 sqft) and are all equipped with oversized bathrooms, including walk in shower and bath tub. Rest assured that I will share your comments to our Team Members, in particular the spa team and culinary brigade.

I hope we may welcome you at our hotel again soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to make your next reservation on mike.williamson@hilton.com.

Kind regards