“Convenient to Shanghai Mart”

Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao
Ranked #53 of 5,059 Hotels in Shanghai
Smyrna
“Convenient to Shanghai Mart”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

A new Hilton with three towers (one is Executive). Very good breakfast Buffet, large guest rooms, nice bar area. Several on site restaurants. Concierge desk very helpful. Free computers in Lobby for checking emails, etc. good Business Office.

Short taxi ride to Shanghai Mart can also be a nice walk. Excellent Italian restaurant in walking distance. Collection of international restaurants a bit further, a good walk. Taxi to PVG approx 185-225 RMB depending on traffic.

No on site shop for incidentals. Staff for taxis very helpful and generally refuse tips. Always get address where you are going written out in Chinese as taxi drives do not understand English. Concierge will take care of this.

Money changing machine give excellent rates..accepts cash or credit/debit cards.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and that you have been able to enjoy our extensive breakfast buffet. I will share your positive comments with all our Team Members.

Indeed, the Hilton Shanghai is located in close proximity to Shanghai’s key business and transportation areas. Hongqiao is poised for continuous economic growth and, with more international companies moving to Hongqiao, the hotel is a convenient base for both business and convention guests.

We look forward to welcoming you at our hotel again soon. If you would like to make your next reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on mike.williamson@hilton.com

Mike Williamson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My Chinese colleague referred to the location as the "New Jersey" of Shanghai...close, but not central. That being said, this is a very new hotel, well designed rooms that are sumptuous and full of comforts like a full sized soaking bath, rainfall shower stall and comfortable bed. The breakfast buffet was quite varied, with an especially tasty Korean section. The gym is one of the best I've seen in awhile...very open and light with brand new equipment and it's very clean. Definitely a standout, and exceeded my expectations for a Hilton.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

We thank you for your comments on this website and we are indeed delighted that you have had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the services, guest room and extensive gym facilities. We are pleased to read that you had a great breakfast experience and will most certainly share this with our food & beverage team members.

Our hotel is located in the Hongqiao district, one of the fastest-growing business areas in Shanghai and in close proximity to Hongqiao International Airport and the Highspeed Railway station. As such, the hotel is the perfect base for both business travelers and travelers taking domestic flights or the highspeed rail.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon.

Wareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed a night at this Hilton as I was catching the train into Hongqiao Station, Shanghai. Exemplar hotel; friendly staff, gorgeous rooms (including bath which looked out over night time city), great breakfast and first class gym. For Shanghai the price was very good (£100). The only downside would probably be if you were in Shanghai to visit the sites (Bund, Puxi, French Q) as this hotel isn't in the centre. But taxis are cheap ... although there is the traffic!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

My team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed a pleasant stay with us and that you liked our service, contemporary bedrooms and first class gym. As you mentioned, the hotel is in close proximity to Shanghai’s key transportation hubs, notably Hongqiao Airport and Hongqiao Highspeed Railway Station. The city’s tourism sites can all be reached within 20 minutes. In addition, the hotel does provide complimentary shuttle service to the Bund; please feel free to ask our concierge during your next stay.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you at our hotel again soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We arrived at this hotel very late at night, past midnight and it was drizzling a little. The exterior of the hotel looked okay. When the taxi pulled up to the door, no one came to help with our luggage (as most Asian hotels would). There were three people at the bell desk/concierge but no one ever came to help us with the luggage. We were a couple with a young child carrying two big luggages and two backpacks, so we could have used some help. The girl at the check in counter was very friendly and upgraded our room to a two bedroom suite, even though we didn't need the second room, it was a nice gesture. The rooms are very nice. There is a tv built into the wall by the bath tub which my toddler enjoyed. The showers and bed were very comfortable. Breakfast selection was limited compared to Hilton Shanghai in Pudong. I would probably stay here again because of their nicer rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed the two-bedroom suite at our recently opened Executive Tower. Yet, my team and I sincerely regret the inconvenience you experienced during the late-night arrival. I have already discussed this matter with the respective team members, to prevent similar occurrences to happen in the future.

Please do contact me directly if you wish to make your next reservation on: mike.williamson@hilton.com

nashua
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I'm Diamond in Hilton so I nearly always get upgraded. This Hilton has an entire tower set aside for Executive rooms. And, my room in that tower was absolutely stunning. In fact it has slightly displaced the executive floor room I staying in at the Grand Hyatt Shanghai and now ranks as the nicest room in the world I've ever stayed in.

When I checked into my room they had a bottle of red wine waiting for me and a plate of French pastries. It was a perfect gift to start my stay. On the 3rd floor of the tower they have the executive lounge. I was able to arrive early enough to have a little food and a drink. It was very nice with a lot of variety to chose from.

My room itself was huge with a sitting area/desk separated nicely from the sleeping area by a large TV. It made it feel like 2 rooms even though it was really just one area. The bathroom was also very large and spacious and a separate walk in closet was provided.

The internet speed was also good. This can be a real problem in China and this hotel had high speed even with VPN enabled. That was a very welcomed surprise.

I should also mention the most important part is that the staff were very friendly and spoke fluent English. I felt very comfortable speaking at a normal speed and my entire stay went without any misunderstandings.

I definitely highly recommend this Hilton especially if you get an executive room. I will stay here again whenever I visit this area of Shanghai. It is a very enjoyable hotel.

Room Tip: Tower 3 is the executive tower with stunning rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for sharing your positive comments on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you had a memorable stay with us and that you value the rooms and Executive Lounge in our recently opened Tower 3; i.e. our Executive Tower.

I have shared your feedback with all our Team Members and we look forward to welcoming you in our hotel again soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to make your next reservation on mike.williamson@hilton.com.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Generally the hotel is ok, nice big breakfast buffet, nice gym, nice pool. The rooms are ok. In my eyes the SPA massage is over-priced, also the prices for breakfast and dinner buffet. To get a good hotel contract for companies is hard, need several negotiations and still not included Internet+Breakfast in the contract just breakfast or Internet. Also when the company driver wants pick up their guest there is always big discussion with the staff where to park the car. Could really be better organized!
I stayed there a few long stays so I saw it maybe in a different way then just short time visitors.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your various long stays in our hotel. We are pleased to read that you like our property; in particular the wellness facilities.

We acknowledge your suggestions pertaining the ability for your company driver to park in front of the hotel. Our front office and security teams have taken additional measures to further smoothen the traffic flow; especially during the peak morning hours.

With regards to your comments on the corporate rate and the inclusion of breakfast and internet, I would appreciate if you could contact me directly. In our hotel we have a large number of agreements with various companies. Each of these agreements has been customized to the travel-needs of those companies. In order for me to assess the particulars of your agreement, please don’t hesitate to contact me on brice.pean@hilton.com.

We look forward to hearing from you and hope to may welcome you at our hotel again soon!

Brice Pean
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Spacious, beautiful bedroom with one of the most comfy king size beds I have ever slept in. Great bathroom and cosy slippers and dressing gown!
Breakfast offered an enormous choice but at 30$ I would expect this. I ate in Pulse the bar one evening and the service was attentive and the food very tasty.
Located in the suburbs with nowehere really to walk in the evening, this hotel is great if you don't need to be at an early morning meeting in central Shangahi as with the traffic this journey took almost one hour.
I dashed to the spa one evening to see if they had any slots available immediaelty and they fitted me in for a Swedish Maasage which was heavenly. Gorgeous room with a shower and then served with tea and fruit afterwards - a true pleasure. Thanks to Angel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and that you had a good night sleep in our Hilton king-size bed. We will share your positive comments with all our Team Members regarding the breakfast, dinner and spa treatment.

The Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao is conveniently located in Shanghai’s Hongqiao Area, Minhang District, and in close proximity to a variety of shopping malls and business corporations. Shanghai’s city centre can be reached by various modes of transportation, such as taxi and metro. Besides, the hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to The Bund, seven days a week.

We hope to may welcome you at our hotel again in the not too distant future!

Brice Pean