“Perfect hotel for travelling to the airport”

The QUBE Hotel Shanghai Pudong
Ranked #103 of 5,159 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Nice hotel, close to metro station. Very close (10-15 minutes by free shuttle service) to the airport. When you need to go to the international airport the hotel is ok. Not ok for visiting downtown Shanghai. It takes you about 30 minutes by metro to go there.
Rooms are nice and worth the money. However the windows are very thin and therefor the rooms are noisy. A lot of traffic all night and barking dogs.
Diner was also fine. We did not use breakfast because of our early departure in the morning.
Nice entrance.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MenM B

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed here 1 night as a stop over for the UK the hotel is in the middle of a small town.
We did not venture out as it was late and we had to be at the airport early the next morning.The hotel is very nice indeed and the rooms were very modern clean and comfortable so was the bathroom with a large walk in shower.We had a buffet dinner and breakfast the food was for us just mediocre and filled the gap. The staff were extremely friendly and help full they do do a shuttle service every hour to the airport,but there pick up service does not start until 2.30pm which i found to be a bit strange.Anyway its only £6 in a taxi and takes about 15mins.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Was precooked by my business associate on this hotel for my last night in China before returning to Europe. Only 5-10 minutes by shuttle bus (free of charge) the location was perfect. Quite new hotel with Chinese normal huge reception area, breakfast restaurant close to lobby and with king size room with nice view over the city (or whatever this place is). Good service from the reception and nice personnel in general. Free WiFi in the room is positive and the speed was quite OK.
Overall positive experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a great place to stay if you need to be near Pudong airport, just a15 minute drive. The hotel operates a free shuttle that runs once per hour. It's a little inconvenient for pickup if you arrive just after a shuttle leaves, but the taxi drivers are not happy to take such a short ride.

The rooms are large, bright and modern. Desk staff are friendly and helpful.

I did not try the restaurant, apart from breakfast which is average and adequate. The egg guy is a bit abrupt. I asked him if I could have two eggs over medium, and he said 'no'.

There are quite a few restaurants in the area to the rear of the hotel, but I did not try any of these. I could not locate a convenience store.

The exercise room is not very well equipped but adequate for cardio. There are free weights. No towels here so bring one from your room. In February the room is cold so bring layers.

Book through agents or online to get a good deal. Prices are reasonable.

I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in October 2013 at the end of our trip, as we wanted somewhere closer to the airport for our early morning flight the next day.

We arrived in the evening on the Metro and managed to find the hotel quite easily with our bags it took about 5 minutes to walk to the hotel. It was quite a long metro trip out from the city centre but we enjoy taking the subway with the locals. I don't think I would have stayed here for the duration of my stay in Shanghai as it was a little far from the main tourist sights. There were taxi drivers outside the station offering lifts but I really won’t bother its not too far to walk.

Check in was slow and the receptionist weren’t practically friendly, they seemed to be a little stressed, not that it was very busy - 1 or 2 people in the line. However once we got through the procedures everything was fine.

The rooms were of a high standard, with a good size bed, nicely furnished and nice bathroom. The current craze for having a glass wall in the bathroom so you can see into the bed room was employed here – I’m still not sure why you’d want to watch each other use the toilet but they did at least have a blind. Also nice big windows over looking the city.

Around the hotel is an open air shopping centre where there were various restaurants and shops, which was great as we wanted some drinks to have in our room. By this time it was a bit later and the shopping centre wasn’t that well lit, I think it was beginning to close for the evening, whilst I didn’t feel unsafe I don’t think I would have been happy for my wife to be walking around by herself.

My only other compliant would be that we tried to call reception on numerous occasions to arrange the bus in the morning but we could never get through – I called maybe 10 times – in the end I ended up going down stairs where I was able to quickly sort it out.

The complementary bus in the morning was very convenient and quite well used so its worth booking it. The transfer was around 20 minutes, although we were on a very early morning flight so traffic was light.

Overall a good quality hotel, staff could have been a bit friendlier but good if you need a base for an international flight.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TheTravellingLamb
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We arrived after a long flight to find I had made the booking for the next day, not taking into account the international date line. The front desk staff changed the booking quickly and we were in our room within a very short time. The rooms are modern with all the amenities required. The shuttle to the airport was prompt and comfortable.

Would definitely recommend this hotel for overnights in Shanghai, 5 minutes from airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Good value and well placed for the airport. Check-in was slick and efficient as was check-out. Room was spotlessly clean with a comfortable western style bed. Modern bathroom although the toiletries were a little iffy.

Wi-fi too slow and constantly tripping out which was a tad frustrating.

All staff were friendly including the bus driver of the complimentary shuttle to airport.

Rooms could do with some sound proofing because on one side I could hear a couple chatting away and on the other side the TV was coming thro loud and clear despite me requesting the occupant to turn it down!

All in all I would stay here again.....good value for money.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo