“Very good food - nice atmosphere!”
Review of Mistral - CLOSED

Mistral
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Former French Concession
Description: Mistral is a mid-priced Spanish restaurant located in the space that used to be Moroccan restaurant Marrakech. The food is Spanish, but makes the conscious effort to appeal to both Chinese guests and continental Europeans (some French influences). The main selling point of Mistral is the space itself, a casual, Mediterranean-ish feel, with several atmospheric options, and a beautiful and romantic patio
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Enjoyed the food, loved the atmosphere and the service was really friendly. The red wine was fantastic and recommended by the guy whom served us!

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Small little spanish place... sadly the quality is not constant! But when it is good it is a very nice place to drop a couple of bucks

Reviewed January 29, 2012

The food is great if your want to share and enjoy. Tapa's with friends...
The Iberian ham was amazing, a little costly but worth it. I am wanting to go again as i write this.
Small location, casual, menu on the walls, friendly and overall another great place in Shanghai.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

I have been meaning to review this restaurant since I visited in April 2011. Great variety of delicious tapas, good wine list! It's run by a spanish ex-pat who is enthusiastic, friendly and generous. The service was a little careless at first, but given a little feedback, they got it right. I would recommend booking in advance to ensure you get a table - a real gem!

1  Thank ISOcertified
Reviewed August 1, 2011

After several nights of formal Chinese food while I was in Shanghai for business, I was ready for some Western flavors - and Mistral offered exactly what we needed.

We were seated in the couches by the entrance right next to the window. While the staff apologized that we were not at a formal table, my father and I were beyond pleased with the spot. The service was attentive and very friendly - no hovering.

And the food? The tapas menu was comprehensive and authentic - I could have been at a restaurant in Barcelona. The quality of every item was superb. The goat cheese might have been some of the best I've ever had.

I can't wait to go back the next time I visit Shanghai!

5  Thank nire00