Lowest prices for your stay
$238
Booking.com$238
Expedia.com$238
Travelocity$238
5,097 results
All reviews river view diamond member luxury bund concierge china peninsula doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Where can I start? After travel from Bali thru KL arriving in Shanghai at 6:50am we grabbed a taxi to the hotel. Arriving at 7:30am looking disheveled from the red eye flight, jumping out of the taxi and bags falling out around us (to many purchases in Bali) we were taken right to the reservations desk. We had planned to keep the luggage with the concierge and go for breakfast and walk around until the afternoon. Much to our surprise after taking down our passport information they walked us to the elevator and up to our room! Even more stunned was the fact that they had taken the liberty of setting up a full breakfast in the room! The staff member that showed us the room hoped that it was okay with us.....

My wife and I were speechless.

The room had a great view of the Bund and looked directly at the Pearl Tower, at night it was stunning. The suite itself was quite large and had a fairly large bathroom.

The hotel itself is in a great location (we walked a lot from here) and really a pleasure to stay in. My understanding was that it had only been open for about 4 months, I found this out when we asked one of the staff about the hotel and he gave us about a 30 minute tour and explained the history, the construction, etc.

Overall the hotel is phenomenal, but better than that, the staff is amazing. We had already begun planning our return trip to Waldorf Astoria on the way to Pudong Airport.....

1  Thank sev11
Reviewed September 14, 2011

A brilliant combination of heritage and modern elegance. All the staff seem genuinely dedicated to making sure you enjoy your stay and come back which I have 3 times. I use to enjoy staying and experiencing different hotels in shanghai but now will only stay at the Waldorf . Expensive but comparable to other 5 star hotels in Shanghai and yet superior in many ways. The bedroom and bathroom are superb and the public rooms in the new part of the hotel are bright, elegant and grand. The heritage, Bund side, building took years to restore and is simply beautiful.Management at all levels made the effort to engage and the staff at every level were attentive and pleasant without being over the top.

Room tip: High floor Bund view was memorable.
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank imhonot
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Just returned home from one night at this fabulous hotel. We live in Shanghai and I can say this is one of the best luxury hotels in the city. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: September 2011
1  Thank LivinginYonezawa
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We had room 1602 with a bright view on the elderly part of town. As hotelier in Luxembourg I appreciated lots of things either for the special touch, the choice of first class materiels and finish. Specially noticed were the Japanese toilet, the large window between bath and sleeping room that tinted upon pressing a button, the complementary good internet access on the large flat screen, remote control of curtains a.s.o
Above all the staff is very classy without being snobbish like it can occur in large hotels.
The sunday brunch boosted a nice selection of delicatessen by a french Chef. the restaurant manager as well as the Dutch manageress did a perfect job.
The concierge was very helpful with a minor repar of my luggage.
They were all naturally helpfull with a professional attitude.
Again in Shanghai I will be back.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank LucienHoudremont
Reviewed September 3, 2011

It was my third stay in a Waldorf Astoria hotel after New York and Orlando. This is by far the most amazing one of the three. This is truly a sanctuary a the midst of an amzing city. The hotel is stunning whichever way one looks at it. Almost "old-fashined" luxury. You cannot open one door by yourself. It opens "with a smile" and well meant welcome (back). The service, the restaurants, the room, just amazing. Also the so called long-bar is beautiful. Wen there every evening for a drink accompanied by some of the best jazz-players from the far-east. Since the hotel opened in April this year I believe prices were very affordable.