We came to Shanghai after a week in HK (Chungking Mansions) and couldn't say enough positive things about this place. Hope this detailed review helps!
- washer & DRYER for 15¥!
- spotless shared bathrooms sure to meet you requirements and more! (with soap, great water pressure & western toilets)
- excellent/affordable coffee (10¥/5¥ for refills)
- Zoey who works there speaks English and is SUPER knowledgeable with Metro routes and how to get around. This is a bonus b/c Shanghai is huge & we found Google Maps wasn't always correct.
- Jerry also speaks English and is super nice. He's the one normally making the coffee.
- a film is played everynight at 9PM and you can even ask them to play your own if you have it on DVD
- rooms have heating/ac, though our Double with a shared bathroom wasn't anything special the rooms with a private bath looked beautiful
- the Wifi was pretty lame. They have a router on every floor but it seemed worse than dial-up at times. Even in the lobby!
- each room has a little window and the hallway light stays on 24/7 so it was hard to sleep with a bright light shining into the room. Bring a sleeping mask?
- there seemed to be no curfew and at least half the nights spent there consisted of rude guests speaking loudly in their rooms/halls even at 2:30AM. Earplugs will be your best friend here!
- thin walls, you can hear your neighbours
- during the winter months there was no heat in the lobby so it was extreamly uncomfortable if you're using the wifi or watching a film. (There is a heater in the lobby though, so you could always ask?)
-No luggage storage which I found odd considering they even provide in it HK where there is literally no space
Overall this place was a treat compared to most other hostels we've been in. The cons are minor and can easily be changed. Fill out the survey (at the front desk) and leave extra feedback, Zoey really appreciated it. A favourite for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Mountain HONGQIAO Youth Hostel is only 5 minutes on foot from Metro Line 2(BeiXinJinG station); Metro Line 2 directly connects two Airports, Nanjing Road, People’s Square, and LuJiaZui Financial District.HONGQIAO Youth Hostel continues Blue Mountain’s quality services. Spacious (Yes, we proudly announce “spacious” in Shanghai!) and clean rooms, 24-hour hot shower, air-cons, and newly renovated bar meet your every requirement. Free WIFI available in public area.Mostly important, the staff, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, is willing to assist you at any time.Welcome to Blue Mountain HONGQIAO! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Blue Mountain HongQiao Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.