“Good location”

Pullman Shanghai Jing An
Ranked #60 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our stay in the Grand Mercure Shanghai Zhongya hotel received warm service. The location was on 5 minutes walk to the Shanghai Station where we took subway and the high speed train for in town and intercity transit. The restraurant was fatastic and we tasted delicious food and beverages. The rooms were clean, quiet and spacious and we had very satified sleep.

Room Tip: Higher floors can have a bird's eye view of the surrounding and less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LSHHongKong_China
Thibaud G, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Jing An, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
dear LSHHongKong_China

thank you very much for staying with us, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you very much for your great comments and recommendations which I am sure will serve as an encouragement to our team as we strive to provide a superior experience to each and every of our guest.

sincerely yours,

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel's big problem for me was the lack of wifi in the room, or any other internet by the way!
The only way to access was in the lobby, so I had to spend a big part of my time there.

Shameful for a chain like Accor...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JoaoPHPTG
Dear JoaoPHPTG,

Thanks for staying with us during your last trip in Shanghai, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation, we are currently providing complimentary WIFI from the 19th to 28th floor as well as in executive floors and lunge, all public areas and restaurant of the hotels, on the meantime our IT team is currently testing equipments to provide a reliable and fast wifi connectivity in all other rooms

Sincerely yours,

DIrector of Operations
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was a little intimidated at first by all the red, black and metallic decor (baller?) but everyone was really nice and down to earth. Reception, house keeping, doorman and restaurant staff were all very helpful and fast. I was surprised that house keeping didn't except a tip when I offered for removing an extra bed in the room. Only had breakfast - very big selection (Chinese, western) and quite tasty.

My room was beautifully appointed - bedding, chairs, furniture... I loved the big window overlooking the city and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and all the free toiletries! I still can't get used to all the smoking and the hallways smelled smoky all the time but luckily my room was well insulated. I can't say this was the case all most of the hotels I stayed in.

Best part was the location. Right next to a subway station that goes everywhere (I took it all the way to the airport - saving myself about 150 RMB) and plenty of shopping opportunities across the street.

I stayed at several similarly rated hotels in the area - including the Holiday Inn Pudong and thought this was just as nice, ws better located and had more charm. I would definitely stay here on future trips - thanks for a great last day in China!

Room Tip: Get a room higher up for spectacular views at night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thibaud G, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Jing An, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
dear Inx611

thanks again for your great comment and recommendation, which I am sure, will serve as an encouragement to all our team members as we strive to improve our quality of product and services.

sincerely yours

Eilat, Israel
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed in the Grand Mercure Shanghai Zhongya hotel for two nights in a Superior Double Room for around 1,400 yuan, but I can say that the hotel was worth the price. Its location is excellent - located 2 minutes from the nearest Metro station and bus stations. Nearby you can also find a small supermarket, McDonalds, KFC and a Chinese restuarant, and a camera shop. The hotel was very grand, very decorated and very clean. The lobby and bar are huge. If you're coming for business, I think that this hotel will suit you well - there is a business center, you can rent laptops, there's fast internet, I had a working desk in my room (I don't know what about other rooms). The room was also very big, very clean. It had a very comfortable double bed, a small bar (that you need to pay for the goods that are in it, if you'd like them)... There is also a big bottle of water waiting for you in the room, but remember that it is for sale and at a very very high price (around 60 yuan, if I remember correctly) and so I wouldn't recommend opening it unless you feel really really thirsty. The staff at the hotel speak excellent English compared to other places. Overall it was a nice stay, especially if you want to just come to the hotel and relax or on the other hand, if you're coming for business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kenlior
Thibaud G, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Jing An, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
dear Kenlior

we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Grand Mercure Shanghai Zhongya and would like to thank you for your great comments and recommendations which I am sure will serve as an encouragement to our team as we strive to provide superior experience to each and every of our guest

We look forward welcoming you back soon

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights at the end of November in a deluxe king room, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting shanghai! The deluxe rooms are very big with great views, the only downside for me is that they don't have a bath but the showers were great. The location was perfect for us as we walked everywhere which gave us a great chance to see the city, however the metro station is just around the corner with great links to pretty much everywhere also taxi's are very reasonable. Staff very friendly & rooms are cleaned to a very high standard everyday..
Stay here..

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Louzzie
Thibaud G, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Jing An, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Louzzie

thank you very much for your great comments and recommendations we are delighted that you enjoyed staying with us and look forward welcoming you back soon in Shanghai

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed 11 nights in the hotel to visit Shanghai and some cities around. The hotel is perfect, the beds are excellent, rooms are very comfortable and the location (2 min to a metro station of line 1, 3 and 4) is perfect. The staff at the reception desk speaks enough English to communicate without problem and I have found the staff at the concierge desk particularly helpful and nice. My only remark is about the Chinese restaurant on the 5th floor : the staff is nice but the menu is obviously more attractive for Chinese tastes...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Londra_11
Thibaud G, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Jing An, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
dear Londra_11

we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your great comments and recommendation

we look forward welcoming you back soon