“Packed”

and up
Private Tour: The Face of Modern Shanghai
Ranked #60 of 1,323 things to do in Shanghai
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The place is just packed with people. You would have to wait hours to get in. Plus there is not much stuff there anymore, people moved some of the excellent stuff away.

1  Thank JWRZ
There are newer reviews for Shanghai World Expo Museum

Reviewed May 12, 2013

went there on 1st may and got the free entrance. The exhibition about ancient civilization through cartoon images at level 9 was rather impressive. Worth visiting.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I normally avoid museums when I travel, preferring to see unique landmarks and historical buildings to paintings.

However, I consider this museum a must-see. The "Along the river at qingming festival exhibit” was breathtaking- make sure you spend enough time appreciating it. I very much enjoyed the rest of the museum as well- some excellent Chinese art and the exhibit on Chinese advertisements was very good. Most of the exhibits started with an explanation in English.

Our host took us the museum so I can't provide any details about getting tickets, location etc. Make sure to read the other reviews for tips.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Only saw from the outside, so impressive. Incredible architecture . Built for the expo. Will visit on next trip.

1  Thank KLTSunshineCoast
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I never wrote the review when I went in 2010, so this is a little late and outdated. However, the Expo was magnificent. Just HUGE. It was so much fun to go around to every different countries building and see what they had to offer. Weather it was a projection, movie, interactive games, food, DJ, or other shows, it was awesome. If you ever get a chance to go to a World Expo, I would definitely go. I don't, however, know how it is now, since the expo is obviously over.