JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park
  • Restaurant
$150
$144
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe executive loungepark viewgreat hotelcorner roomhongqiao airportshopping mallthe general managerstayed here for a weekbreakfast and dinnerbusiness travelswimming poolspecial thanksjapanese restaurantbreakfast spreadrooms are spaciousnoodlesfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The nearest airport is Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport. The hotel feels new and they have very friendly staffs. The buffet breakfast is very nice and you can also walk to next door shopping mall for more choices. It's a distant from Shangai center but the environment is quiet and peaceful. You will enjoy a good night rest. Great for business trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
MarriottCFPark, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear JSeng,

Thank you for your positive comments concerning the hotel location, facilities and our associates. I am pleased that our associates gave you the “friendly” impression and that you enjoyed the quiet environment as well as the surroundings of the hotel.

Once again thank you for your valuable comments which will assist us to continue to meet and exceed our guest expectations. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Very nice hotel and the hotel staff are very polite and helpful, especially concierge department. The concierge department not only to help with hotel car arrangement, they also provide sugguestions of local places to visit and help the customers for purchase airfare service and more... I really like this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
MarriottCFPark, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Lucy Y,

I am pleased you enjoyed the service at out hotel and thank you for taking the time to convey your thoughts on your recent stay. The business world continually pulls us in all directions and I appreciate you taking some of your precious time to communicate your experience, I will ensure to share your positive comments with our Concierge team.

Please feel free to contact me on your next visit to Shanghai and once again thank you for your valuable comments which will assist us to continue to meet and exceed our guest expectations.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

A visit to this Shanghai Marriott not only include a very comfortable room and lounge, the staff is among the best I have had the pleasure to meet. The concierge staff is the best I have experienced. From arrangements for transportation to restaurant suggestions, all support from the concierge staff has exceeded my expected results. I highly recommend you enjoy a stay here on your next visit to Shanghai.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mark M,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your thoughts on your recent stay. The business world continually pulls us in all directions and I appreciate you taking some of your precious time to communicate your experience.

I am pleased you enjoyed the service at out hotel and I will ensure to share your positive comments with our Concierge team.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I have a frequent traveller of marriott group, and this marriott hotel is one of the business hotel that i would stay a week or so each month since aug 2013 ... which i saw the changes of the hotel

Hardware wise, the hotel is getting a bit worn out aleady, but well it still acceptable.

In software wise .... staff here never showed me i was welcomed to the hotel, other than the very first time, no smiles, no hellos .....

Which for the may stay, i experienced the below.

1. My friend delivered a gift to this hotel on the morning i arrived the hotel, and i was not notified till the next day, that my friend found that i didnt say thankyou, so asked me about it and turned out the staff 'forgot' to notify me... well, i wondered, if i never asked, how long will it take for them to 'remember'

2. On day 2, i left my wedding band in the bathroom of my room, and i found out at 11am that my ring was missing, and i freaked out and called the hotel and asked for checking in my room .... and the lady said that she would get back to me real soon ... an hour later, no one called, so i did, and i got the reply from the staff that everyone were 'too busy' to go check for me .... which i later rushed back at lunch hour, and got my ring, and the hotel never caught up with me again on this.

3. At hotel's breakfast buffet, it now had become a free seating hotel. The staff greeted you n let you in, n you got your own seat and since i am a business traveller which means i am the only guest at the table, and two days in a role, when i went for food, i came back with someone else at my table ..... can it be more organize than this? Which i never experienced anything like this even in a lower class hotel ... and honestly, is this what marriott has to offer?

With the 4 days experiences as such, which i may not come back to stay at marriott for my june trip, which maybe some other hotels within the area do just the same with a lower price....

Marriott at chang feng, you let me down

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kris S
MarriottCFPark, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Chris,

I was upset to hear of your recent experience. We would like to investigate further especially about the delivery and your call to help find your wedding ring. Please contact me at: mhrs.shacp.aa.gm@marriotthotels.com so that we can identify you and make specific inquiries.

I note your other comment regarding not being shown to a table at breakfast. This is definitely not our standard and your case has been discussed with those concerned. Please accept my apologies.

I also read that you have return visit to Shanghai in June. Let me assist you with accommodation arrangements please so that I can prove the problems experienced on your recent stay are not the norm and that we have taken your comments seriously. I hope you will give us that chance.

Regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2014

The hotel is just gorgeous. The lobby is so beautiful as well as the restaurants and bar. Staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious and had the most comfortable bed on the trip. Huge bathroom with great shower and excellent amenities. We overlooked a park where kites were flown everyday. Located next to a small shopping mall with a KFC (we did not go to the mall). Restaurant food was delicious.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
MarriottCFPark, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear peppygirlGA,

Thank you for your positive comments concerning the hotel associates and your personal experience in the hotel. I am pleased that our associates provided you with “friendly and helpful” service and that you enjoyed the facilities as well as the surroundings of the hotel.