Stayed here two Times and by far this is a First Class hotel in terms of service the rooms are breath taking the signature scent that you small as soon as you enter the lobby, but for the same price you can find better hotels in Shanghai, which is an issue for me since if im paying +400 US per night i expect to be getting top notch service which you get but there is some things you need to put into consideration:
1. Location is a problem getting out and in the area, since a lot of taxis refuse getting you out of the area due to traffic.
2. the hotel car service is 10 times other hotels and with a very bad service, for instance i rented a car to Huzhou which is an hour drive by car for around 3200 RMB, while you can get it from other companies for around 1000 RMB, and the car was very dirty and smelly and not what i paid for, but never the less for the non business traveler it shouldn't be an issue.
3. The hotel is next to IFC mall which is a bonus since there is the best restaurants in Shanghai and you can do a lot of shopping.
in General its an amazing hotel but not perfect...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling at the heart of Shanghai’s financial district and offering sweeping views across vibrant Huangpu River and historical Bund, The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong’s guarantees guests a memorable experience and an unforgettable Shanghai visit. Situated on the upper floors of a stylish 58-floor tower in Lujiazui at the very heart of modern Shanghai’s commercial center, the 5-star luxury hotel occupies a prime location with stunning views of the iconic Oriental Pearl Tower, overlooks The Bund and is just minutes from the historic Yu Gardens. The hotel’s location also affords rapid access to both Hongqiao International Airport and Pudong International Airport. A thriving business and retail center, Shanghai ifc mall above which the hotel is located provides access to some of Shanghai’s very best upscale shopping. Designed in elegant Art Deco style, the air-conditioned rooms come with large windows and a flat-screen TV. Modern comforts include a Blu-Ray DVD player, BOSE sound systems and Nespresso coffee maker. Club rooms also include access to 24-hour Club Lounge, where guest can enjoy 5 exquisite food and beverage presentations daily. The Ritz-Carlton Spa features a 24-hour gym, indoor swimming pool, relaxing massage treatments and a dry sauna. The hotel also conveniently provides a business centre, 24-hour room service and a 24-hour front desk. Scena Restaurant serves Italian dishes, while the Michelin-starred Jin Xuan Restaurant offers fine Cantonese dining. Other dining options include Flair, the highest rooftop restaurant & bar in China, and afternoon tea at Aura Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Marriott, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai Pudong Hotel Shanghai