I use Holiday Inn in Nanjing very often and this was quite different and disappointing. However, I also use Ibis for it's low price and basic standards. Holiday Inn Express, Sanlin is comparable to the Ibis chain. So if you're on a tight travel budget, I think it's worth the compromise.
- Breakfast was terrible.
- Bathroom design for sharing a room.
- Front desk courtesy, helpfulness
- Location from SH city center.
- Location from subway.
- No iron so I'm sure other details are missing
- Linens and towels are low grade
+ Location has plenty of food options around but mostly fast food, WalMart also.
+ Bed is softer than the normal Chinese hotels.
+ Ipod dock alarm clock.
+ Elevator has security system with your room key.
+ Good WiFi in the rooms
+ Good TV channel selections
If you are trying to sight-see in SH, I strongly do not suggest this hotel. It's far removed from the city center and in the 'burbs. I used this location because it's a short drive to our office location. Breakfast is included but seriously bad. It's all traditional Chinese foods except toast and coffee, which I'm happy to eat but everything was of poor quality- overcooked or too cold. Things looked clean but very sloppy and there's not enough seating no matter what time you get to the dining area. Front desk was rude to my Chinese coworker and does not know enough English if you're limited. Big ah-ha, there's not an iron to be borrowed in the hotel. Who doesn't have at least 1 iron for community use?? It's also an indication when you see the shower and the bathroom have those refillable soap dispensers like you see in the gym showers or public restrooms' sinks. I will give kudos to the bed and pillow. It was surprisingly soft and so I slept through the night. Also they had an ipod dock, which was a huge surprise given everything else. Last bad design is their bathroom. There's one door that swings to close the whole bathroom or to served as the shower door. That's cool for a single bed room but we were staying in a 2 double bed room... if you want 2 beds, wouldn't you think privacy is also expected regarding the bathroom area? Wow, come on. Anyhow, it's a better value than the Da Muzhi Ibis that I used to use but don't expect anywhere close to the usual China Holiday Inn experience.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Sanlin Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Sanlin Shanghai Hotel Shanghai