See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 19, 2016

My three nieces, my brother and I stayed in three rooms for five nights here.

This is a no frill hotel. Rooms are small but relatively clean. Attached bathrooms are small and just adequate.

The good point about this hotel is its location. Times Square, Huaihai shopping street is just around the corner. Underground rapid transit station is two blocks away. Even Nanjing pesdetrian mall is within walking distance. We walked there a few times, and on the average, it's about 15-20 minutes, depending on the crowds around us.

It is about 15 minutes walk to XinTianDi, the chic district of Shanghai, where you can get very nice Shanghai food in posh restaurants at relatively cheap prices ( convert to US dollars).

Counter staff are just average. Don't expect extra miles. We booked two taxi through the doorman for going to the airport on the nigh of our departure, but the next day, none of the taxi were there, and we had to hail them at roadside.

Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed December 8, 2015 via mobile

The check in took forever as the lady couldn't decide whether my name was in the computer or not. Keep in mind we booked this place nearly a week ago.

Just got into "non-smoking room" and it stinks of smoke. Had to open windows to get the smell out and even then that didn't help... This is quite horrible. Management couldn't help it either. All rooms the same.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2015

Hotel is in a very good location, Dashijie metro station is just 5min walk.
People's Square easily reachable 5-10min walk.
No english spoken by staff, check-in/out operations sometimes not easy, expecially because of that crazy mechanism of the deposit that needs to be paid and will be refund.
Breakfast was not included in my room, you get it with 28RMB, but it's a pure chinese breakfast. Nearby many places where you can have continental breakfast.
No frills at all in the room: simple and somehow clean.
Standard rooms are on the street side, and it's sometimes noisy.
Budget accomodation in convenient location.

Room tip: standard rooms are on streetside, so expect some noise. other more expensive rooms available on other side of hotel building.
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2015

To keep it short, this hotel is a very good value for the money, metro station is very close-by, shopping malls are well within walking distance as well. Only hiccup for me is that I do not speak mandarin very much and I needed my significant other to translate or speak for me to the hotel staff. I do not think any of them know much English. But from my experience in China, if you do not speak mandarin or go with someone who does, you are not going to have a superb time as most do not speak English.

Overall the hotel room we got was fairly spacious considering the price and location. Would book again if I was going to Shanghai again, although I might consider other hotels as well.

Room tip: Our "windowless" room was very warm, the A/C was not working correctly.
Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2014

Prior to coming to the hotel, we wanted to find out how to get there. The hotel is a little difficult to find in Google Maps (there are 2 but the other one is incorrect). The easiest way to get to the hotel from Pudong is via the metro or maglev-metro (if it's still open when you arrive). The nearest metro station is Dashijie (line 8). You have to exit near Family Mart, turn left toward McDonald's and then go up the escalator. Outside, walk to the left then at the first intersection turn right. You should reach another intersection (cross that), the Inn would be the 3rd building on the left (in front of hair salon). We arrived late thus metro was closed so we decided to get a shuttle at the airport. The price we got for 4 people was 550, which seemed fair but then when we got to the hotel the driver pulled out a card saying we had to pay a 15% service charge! Don't be duped by the same scam. Maybe easier to take a taxi.
We had a Mandarin speaking friend so check in was easier, but we tried to transact in English first to no avail. They have these cue cards on the reception which have basic questions you can probably use if you have no one in your party who can speak Mandarin. Hotel is secure, you can only access the floor where your room is on the elevator. Rooms are quite basic but is clean. There is free wifi but be prepared to use Yahoo or any other search engine instead of Google. Google sometimes works but more often than not it doesn't. There's free bottled water, tea, shampoo/soap combo, toothbrush kit and hair dryer. Very basic but worth it if you don't plan on staying in your room all day. They allowed us to check out at 1pm so they are flexible.
Location is very central. The Dashijie station is a 5 min walk. From there Nanjing road, Yuyuan and other sites are just 1 or 2 stations away. I suggest you download Explore Shanghai app, was very useful for getting around.
There's a bunch of food stalls on Yunnan if you're adventurous and also Lawson, Family Mart, Tesco Express (convenience stores) that's open 24 hours. Starbucks is 2 min away, Mc Donald's on the Dashijie station. We also found out that there's a bunch of people selling street food late at night near the Dashijie station.
Near the hotel, you can walk towards Huaihai for the more upscale malls with City Super, Lane Crawford, Sephora. There is also a digital plaza in Huaihai. You can also take the metro towards South huangpi then walk along Huaihai all the way back to the hotel.
Overall, aside from language issues (which to be fair you will encounter EVERYWHERE in Shanghai), this is a great hotel for budget travelers.

Date of stay: September 2014