“Best hotel room I've ever stayed in”

Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #14 of 5,160 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The room was beautiful, clean, and very functional. What Jumeirah calls a standard room is called a suite at most hotels. It's not cheap, but certainly not the most expensive place I've stayed either. It is very convenient to Shanghai's expo center, and taxis to the rest of Shanghai are convenient and inexpensive (at least by Western standards). The staff speaks very good English and is clearly accustomed to catering to an international crowd. The bar is stylish, but the seats are a bit uncomfortable and the cocktails are not worth the money. If I could return to any hotel room that I have ever stayed in, this would be the one, hands down.

Room Tip: Unlike most hotels, the items in the minibar are significantly cheaper than the equivalent items at...
1  Thank Sneeuwfuif
JHS_Pudong, EAM at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Sneeuwfuif,

Thank you for your recent comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements about the hotel from the hotel facility to the design of the lobby and the location of the hotel. I have shared you comments with the team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am particularly glad that you enjoy the convenient location of our hotel and the travel experience of the city as well. Once again thank you for your comments and I also would like to thank you on behalf of the team, your words will not only motivate these colleagues but the entire team. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel,Shanghai hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

As a VIP holder, I booked a room of this hotel which is near my residence. Just for a relax and to explore something might be different. The lobby is a surprise. I am actually not able to describe because it is too much amazing. You may find it is really a music and art hall decorated with a luxury and Shangrila-ish sense and sensibility. I stayed in the lobby bar, enjoyed the afternoon tea, listened to the live band performance, watching the moving cloud picture on the surface of the grand lobby ceiling, finally found myself totally lost in lux and dream. From the lobby you can keep on imagining the lux of room. But but but, you must experience by yourself.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank andrew x

Dear Andrew X
Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent visit with us at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel,Shanghai on Tripadvisor. I am particularly glad that you enjoyed the many art and design elements the hotel has to offer. We are very proud of the Chinese heritage, and the blend with modern features truly delivers a Stay Different experience. We are happy to have had such an impact on your visit, and I will certainly pass your comments onto the many departments that help to create such experience. Your words will not only motivate our colleagues, but inspire the entire team at Jumeirah Himalayas to continue provide great service. Perhaps on your next stay you may also enjoy the Lobby iPod art tour program. With the support of Apple, the hotel lends iPod nanos, pre-loaded with information in English and Mandarin featuring the artworks on display and explaining the Feng Shui elements of the hotel. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you have business in Pudong, this is a very comfortable place to be. I like the location. The hotel is right next to a Shanghai metro station. You can get a ticket for 3 yuan (USD 0.50) to take you to Longyang station and there you can take the Maglev train to the Pudong airport (RMB 50). There's no quicker way to go. Easy, comfortable and painless. Across the street is the Kerry Parkview mall. Plenty of places there to eat and drink and shop. Very convenient. My room at the Jumeirah on the 15th floor was very comfortable, spacious and well-appointed. I loved the breakfast buffet - there's something there for everyone. I ate at the J-Mix restaturant and although it was good I thought it very pricey. A pretty ordinary Japanese dinner came to RMB 500 (over USD 80). I'd recommend you go to the Kerry Parkview mall for more selection and much better value. We had a conference in the hotel on the 2nd floor. If you use their conference rooms I'd STRONGLY recommend that you check the room and turn on the projector. The fan in the projector in our room was the loudest I have ever heard. People in the back of the room could not hear those in the front of the room. We had to get table microphones so people could hear each other. Finally, the portrait of Mao in the ground floor lobby was great. China has really changed so so much since I first arrived there in 1984.

1  Thank Sam B

Dear Sambruce
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai. Allow me to thank you for both your time and for this in depth review of our property. I am particularly glad that you enjoy the convenient location of our hotel , we are lucky enough to have a Metro station at the doorstep of the hotel which is always highly appreciated by our guests. I am pleased to read you were so satisfied with the quality of the food and service provided in our Art Café restaurant. I have passed on your thanks to the Kitchen and Service team. They will very much appreciate your praise. In addition, rest assured that your comments about our Jmix offering has been taken onboard fully and already been discussed with our Executive Chef Tobias. Finally in regards to your comment “The fan in the projector in our room was the loudest I have ever heard “ we are currently investigating the issue in order to ensure that we get a hassle free experience to all our guests using our meeting facilities. I will also have the in-house AV team monitor the operation more closely from now on so we are able to turnaround any issues into a positive experience. We certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and serving you again in the very near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Good Hotel to stay. Nice locality and Indian restaurants near around. Very Neat & Clean Hotel and English Speaking staffs. 30 minutes drive from Pudong International Airport. Peaceful area. Nice experience.

Room Tip: Double occupancy rooms normally gets better rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank prakashmahaseth11
JHS_Pudong, EAM at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear prakashmahaseth11,

Thank you for taking the time to share your extensive feedback on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were pleased with the service as well as the facilities at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. I am particularly glad that you enjoy the convenient location of our hotel and the travel experience of the city as well. I am delighted to read your comments and on behalf of the team, I would like to sincerely thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements experienced throughout your stay; from the service and facilities that we provided at the hotel to your feedback in regards to the team. They certainly play a significant role throughout in ensuring that your stay is memorable and I will definitely share your feedback with them. Hope you can visit us again so you may try our hotel own restaurants from The Grill Room International grill, to Jmix our Japanese flavors and ShangHigh the Traditional Shanghanese favorites. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel, Shanghai.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel embraces luxury and comfort. I'm fully satisfied. The gym is great. The hotel construction is amazing. The food acceptable. My only complain is that is a bit far from all the action in Shanghai, I will recommend to stay here only if you need to be in the area, otherwise you need to take a long taxi trip.

2  Thank draghignazzo
JHS_Pudong, EAM at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Draghignazzo,

Thank You for your post and for your high recommendation. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were pleased with the service as well as the facilities at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. As for your comment in regards to being far from the action in Shanghai, it takes indeed 20min by Taxi but we are lucky enough to have a Metro station at the doorstep of the hotel which is always highly appreciated by our guests. Once again, sincere thanks for recommending Jumeirah Himalayas, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Been in this hotel already 6 times. And every time like a first time. Love this hotel, their personal touch to every singe element. Amazing design, very clever. Very convenient location.
Feng Shui influence in every element.
Rooms are very specious and very clean. Great selection of toiletries.
Big and very modern GYM, SPA.
Staff of the hotel very attentive and helpful. True Asian hospitality.

Love this hotel! My favorite in the World

Room Tip: any rooms are perfect!
2  Thank August W

Dear August W,

Thank you very much for your great review. Our “Stay Different” promise is to create luxury environments where our guests can enjoy unique and memorable experiences and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Once again, sincere thanks for recommending Jumeirah Himalayas, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

If you are a art Lover, you will really enjoy your stay here, Building itself is itself a visual delight, inside there are art displays all over hotel and its convention centre. Just at lobby level there is huge projection on ceiling which is mesmerising. Stayed here for 7 days and enjoyed it a lot. Its very close to expo and right opposite of shopping mall for any needs. Only drawback being its far from City Centre specially Puxi. If you are night lover this is a far away place from most of clubs( which are in bund or Puxi). 24h Fitness Centre is a plus and is fully equipped, Sauna, ice room and Swimming pool are very relaxing. Enjoy your stay fellow travellers.

Room Tip: Ask for Corner Room, facing infinity garden.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
JHS_Pudong, EAM at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear Gurpreet_chawla,

Thank you for your post and for your high recommendation. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were pleased with the service as well as the facilities at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. If you enjoy Art in your next visit to Shanghai you should definitely come and visit our newly opened Art Gallery on the 21st floor. The Club Floor, at the 21st floor of the hotel, is our new addition which we are very proud of. It includes a club lounge, 2 board meeting rooms, magnificent Suites with an amazing view of Pudong and an Art Gallery with new art being displayed every 3 months. As for your comment in regards to being far from Puxi, it indeed takes 20min by Taxi but we are lucky enough to have a Metro station at the doorstep of the hotel which is always highly appreciated by our guests. Once again, sincere thanks for recommending Jumeirah Himalayas, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future.