“Cool interior and great service”

Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #13 of 5,069 Hotels in Shanghai
Bangkok, Thailand
“Cool interior and great service”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

If you want a great hotel near the Shanghai/Pudong exposition centre this should be your hotel of choice. There are others close by, but this one has the best interior design and is attached to the subway station. The restaurants are great and the lobby lounge has a very cool ceiling video/entertainment system - made me feel I was really in a contemporary Chinese location. Rooms are large and nicely appointed. I found the service in the restaurants and the spa to be very good - strong English skills and very polite helpful. The new Gen Manager personally ensured my special meal requests were carefully attended to - nice touch. I will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
JR_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Allan J,

Thank you for staying with as at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai and for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We very much appreciate you highlighting the many aspects of your stay which exceeded your expectations.

I will definitely share your feedback with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

John Roberts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed May 13, 2013

A truly wonderful hotel experience. The rooms are large and well appointed and the location is perfect, but it is the service that really makes this hotel stand out. From the Manager on down no request is too much trouble. The staff really seem to care about the guest and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear PrimeTimeV,

Thank you for posting your review concerning your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai, on Trip Advisor.

We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel so much, and that you felt such a positive review was in order. We are happy to have had an impact on your visit to Shanghai. Your words will not only motivate our colleagues, but inspire the entire team at Jumeirah Himalayas to continue providing the best service experience.

I will be sure to share you kind feedback with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. And, once again, thank you for your comments and support.

india
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed again in 2013. The hotel service in general as well as the room etc remain very good! The staff are very helpful and the rooms are reasonable size and have an ipod dock, large television selection etc. All in all if you have work at the Shanghai Expo Centre this hotel is probably the best that you can get and most convenient for sure!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear surfindia,

Thank you for taking the time to share, once again, your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had another enjoyable stay with Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai, and that you were pleased with the service and facilities. I appreciate you recommending Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai very much, and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Vancouver
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was my first visit to the Jumeirah Himalayas in Pudong, Shanghai and my six night stay was exceptional. It's truly a world-class hotel and I will return. While the property is situated a 10 minute taxi ride from the CBD of Pudong, it's worth every minute to stay at Jumeirah Himalayas.

My room on the 18th Executive Floor was exquisite - offering a soothing oriental decor - with a separate office enclosure on the window which I very much enjoyed working from.

The management and staff, to a person, were helpful in all regards and assisted me with my business agenda and travel arrangements in China. I could name many of the staff by name but just know that they are all extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

The breakfast buffet was excellent and enjoyed each and every morning! The fitness facility is also spacious and has all the necessary equipment. I did not swim but noted the pool to be an excellent facility.

I have been to Shanghai three times in the past eighteen months and this will now be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: 18th Floor Executive Rooms are exceptional
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear jdece,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this wonderful and detailed review concerning your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. We appreciate your feedback and support.

I am very pleased to read that you were happy with your stay and that you will choose us again for future visits. I have communicated your feedback to the team in the hotel to cascade down, and all are very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated.

Thank you once again, jdece, for your support, and I do look forward to welcoming you back to the Jumeirah in the near future.

Sincerely
Los Angeles, California, Usa
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel has THE BEST service of any hotel in the world. They go out of their way to ensure everything is perfect for you. For example, I arrived in Shanghai from the U.S. very late one night and one of my shampoo bottles had exploded in my luggage, soiling the silk blouse I needed to wear to a wedding rehearsal dinner the next day. The head of the cleaning department immediately came to our room (even though it was in the middle of the night), inspected the damage, gave suggestions on how he could clean it, and had the blouse cleaned to perfection by the next morning (basically, had it done overnight in a couple of hours). The day of the wedding, the zipper on my dress broke and within minutes, the Jumeirah had a staff member in my room, helping me to fix my dress so I'd make it to the wedding on time. It could have been an incredibly stressful trip with all the ridiculous mishaps but the Jumeirah staff made everything great. The upper management there always sends us a welcome gift/letter and makes time to have drinks with us when we stay there. I can't think of any other hotel who goes so far out of their way to make their guests happy. Incredible.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jinga34
JR_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Jinga34,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay in Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. I would like to thank you as well for ranking the hotel one of the best amongst the many hotels around the world you have experienced.

I have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration, in particular for the housekeeping colleagues who helped you during your stay, but indeed to all our colleagues who care about the experience our guests have when they are in the hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai, hopefully in the very near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This place is everything you would expect from a 5-star-+ establishment. I love the decore, spaciousness, and attentive staff. The breakfast buffet was particularly awesome!

Shanghai has many luxury hotels. -Most are closer in-town, in what I like to call the "get Shanghai'd" district... notorious for hustlers, less than honest cabbies and "here let me help you" scams.

The Jumeirah is located out near SNIEC (Shanghai New International Expo Centre). Which is also next door to a very nice, new mall. Its also served by the Huamu Rd Subway Station. This part of town, in my opinion is lovely, and less congested. People seem more friendly and things are more spread out. There are plenty of restaurants, bistro-bars, etc. all within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lazinator,

We are delighted to read that enjoyed your stay at Jumeirah Himalayas so much, and thank you for such a positive review of the facilities and service. It is very gratifying to know that we met and perhaps even exceeded expectations on a variety of issues. I am particularly glad that you enjoy this part of the city – it is growing at a very fast pace, but gives a different feeling altogether to the more crowded parts of town. Perhaps on your next stay you may also enjoy a little exercise or relaxation in Century park - a huge sanctuary just one block from the hotel.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Himalayas in the near future.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Hotel is classy and modern, a little dark for my taste. Staff is attentive and rooms are spacious and nice, the best is that it is located steps away from the convention centre. Dinning is pricey and I would recommend yo include more western options in the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JR_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Ivonne33,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is good to know that the rooms and their facilities and our location provided such added value for you.

Thank you, as well, for your recommendation regarding your breakfast experience. I will pass your feedback to our Executive Chef to review.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Jumeirah Himalayas, hopefully in the very near future.