“Nice hotel especially convenient if you are attending a the expo center”

Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #22 of 5,206 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Hotel is classy and modern, a little dark for my taste. Staff is attentive and rooms are spacious and nice, the best is that it is located steps away from the convention centre. Dinning is pricey and I would recommend yo include more western options in the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
JR_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Ivonne33,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is good to know that the rooms and their facilities and our location provided such added value for you.

Thank you, as well, for your recommendation regarding your breakfast experience. I will pass your feedback to our Executive Chef to review.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Jumeirah Himalayas, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Perfect hotel for business, stayed there for the second time, next to Shanghai exhibition Center and shopping mall- Chinese modern Style - beautiful big rooms - the dinner buffet is of less quality than the first time. Less variation. Very close to the Maglev Speed Train which brings you in 8 minutes at 432 km/hour to Shanghai Pudong Airport. Staff is very friendly.

1  Thank busybiss
JR_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear busybiss,

Thank you very much for your recommendation on Trip Advisor, following your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai and for choosing, once again, staying with us.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that you appreciated the friendliness of our colleagues. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of the hotel, especially the rooms and the location. I do note your comment regarding the quality of the dinner buffet and I am sorry that you felt there was a difference in quality. I will review with our Executive Chef, and appreciate you offering your thoughts.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Himalayas in the next future, and to continue ensuring your stays with us impress you, and that the hotel continues to be your choice in Shanghai.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have already reviewed this hotel in detail last year - you can read my detailed review on clicking the link below.

The only other observation i can add is that this is a large hotel and usually when hotels are big the luxury level comes down to premium due to the sheer number of guests and the hotels inability to manage the number of guests simultaneously.

But this is not so with this hotel - i never felt the luxury level drop even once across the stay here at every touch point - the doormen, the concierge, at the breakfast table, the swimming pool, the loaded with goodies rooms and perfect bathrooms... everywhere. No wonder within 1 year this has gone up from #96 on tripadvisor when i stayed last to #38 now.

Once again - if you come to the expo centre - stay here and nowhere else. If you want to stay on the Bund there will be other hotels to look at.

Dear abhy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay in Jumeirah Himalayas.

It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us as much as you did. Thank you for such a glowing report on your time with us. I just wanted to share with you also that we have now reached #26 ranking on Tripadvisor.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

You walk into this place and you start to feel comfortable. The staff is so friendly & the service par excellence - what you actually expect in "asean" vis-a-vis Europe & let us not talk about Americas here!

Well appointed Rooms, a pleasant surprise was also an upgrade to a corner suite(Rm1737)!

The only disappointing stuff was the "Retrun Air" in the bathroom, made me a "Passive Smoker"

Room Tip: Corner Suites, could be the best pick!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear hsmcanil,

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai, and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your experience.

Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of our hotel, especially our rooms facilities, the high level of customer service provided by our team and the convenience of the accessibility that you have had while staying with us. I do apologize for the problem you had with the air in your room – we will review to ensure it is not a recurring problem.

Thank you once again for recommending Jumeirah Himalayas on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I just returned to the US after staying 5 days/4 nights at the Shanghai Jumeirah. The hotel itself is very nice with excellent amenities and a friendly responsive staff. However, I was disappointed in the cost of dining in the hotel. They had 3-4 restaurants in the hotel, and they would routinely add a “service charge” of 15% to each bill. In the U.S., I’m accustomed to this if you have a party of 6-8 or more. But I was dining alone. At the Grill Room, when I asked my waitress if that 15% charge constituted my tip, she replied, “No, that goes to the hotel.” So I added an additional tip. My bill for each meal ran about $100 USD (and I had no liquor, and I ate rather light). And here's another eye-opener: a Diet Coke in the Grill Room was 100 RMB ($16 USD), yet a beer was only 50 RMB ($8).

I believe these prices are typical for the Grill Room and the J-Mix. The Arte Cafe is about 40% less.

Outside the hotel, the price of a beer and the price of a soft drink were typically the same (about 8 RMB).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
JR_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear TRW1952,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review concerning your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. We appreciate your feedback.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your comments concerning the helpfulness of the colleagues. I do note your comments regarding the price of dining in the restaurants – I am sorry you thought this excessive. We do benchmark pricing against other similar hotels in the city, and I think you will find we are in line with their pricing also. The Service Charge is indeed applicable at all hotels and most restaurants, though I do understand this is different to the US. In China, the charge is levied regardless of the number of diners. I would like to advise that we do not charge RMB 100 for a Coke, but rather less than half that amount. If you would like to send me your email address (to john.roberts@jumeirah.com), I would be happy to send you a copy of your dining account, for your confirmation, which details the charges. I am sorry for the confusion with that.

Thank you once again, TRW1952, for your comments, and once again, I am sorry that you were disappointed with this aspect of the hotel. I do hope we will have the opportunity, though, to welcome you back to the Jumeirah in the near future.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

When you walk into this hotel prepare to be wowed! The foyer is amazing. This also continues to the rooms which are massive and tasteful decorated with enormous bathrooms and a bathtub. The gym is probably the best gym I have seen at a hotel. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
JR_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Blake_Aus,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

We were really happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to the hotel and we are glad to have made an impact in your stay.

Your words will not only motivate our colleagues, but inspire the entire team at Jumeirah Himalayas to continue providing the best service experience.

I will be sure to share your kind feedback with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great hole in a handy location for restaurants etc. lovely rooms with nice touches. Great black out blinds that are great for an early night. Super fast wifi so great for business.
Room service very good

Dear Sdhd,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, and I am happy to hear that you had a great a great experience with the wifi and private dining service in particular.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai.