“Stunning newcomer to the Shanghai scene!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai

Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #21 of 4,968 Hotels in Shanghai
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Stunning newcomer to the Shanghai scene!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Welcome to China Jumeirah!!

Absolutely stunning architecture externally and internally. Embraces a true Chinese theme in the gorgeous and vibrant Arte Cafe & Lounge. Spent several hours here just hanging out drinking from their extensive herbal tea collection, service excellent and food 5 star.

Great use of electronics throughout the impressive lobby with images dancing on the ceiling and other walls and a small group of live muscians playing as a center piece.

Enjoyed one of their largest suites +/- 1000 sq.ft. which is not big big but it's quite big for Shanghai standards. Everything worked well as to be expected with an almost brand new hotel. Bed extremely comfortable consistent with global Jumeirah standards. Spacious bathroom with separate loo (toilet), big soaking tub, twin basins and one of my favorites L'Occitane toiletries.

The suite enjoyed a 4 seater diningroom table and huge amounts of cupboard (closet) space! Large electronic safe always useful when traveling. Quaint Chinese writing desk with great lighting.

Breakfast was exceptional with the Chefs preparing for me one of the best Eggs Benedict on that side of the Pudong River!

One of the best hotel gyms ever. Great machines, plenty of treadmills. Stunning indoor swimming pool. Spa not yet opened when I visited in August 2012.

Regarding the location it is one of the closest hotels to the Shanghai Convention Center so that will be good for some. Metro right out side so easy to get to all parts of the city if you can handle the underground. Took a taxi one night to the Bund was suprised to get there in just 12 minutes.

Overall a superb and exciting hotel property. Staff exceptional and for my part delighted to see Jumeirah in Shanghai.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Harv and Les C
JR_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Harv and Les C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your extensive feedback on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were pleased with the service as well as the facilities at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai.

I appreciate you pointing out so many positive elements during your stay, from such a variety of different areas. I will certainly pass your kind comments to the departments you mentioned – they will find such positive feedback very motivating, and I thank you for that.

I am pleased to advise that we opened the Talise Spa at the beginning of September – I do hope you will have the opportunity to enjoy a treatment when next you return to Shanghai.

Once again, Harv and Les C, I greatly appreciate you recommending Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the very near future.

John Roberts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I visit Shanghai often and had concerns of staying so far in Pudong when I normally stay more central to the city. I found the location was not that bad as we didn't fight so much traffic as you normally would from the Puxi side. There is a subway station directly across the street and the direct route into the city was even more convenient than than a taxi.

I was upgraded to a corner suite and enjoyed the amenities of the room. I had a great view with amenities such an iPod dock radio with good quality. The blinds were well fit as it stayed dark in my room when sleeping late.

The breakfast buffet was well done. I requested juice that was not on the buffet and they accommodated my requests without hesitation. I ate in the steak restaurant at the hotel (can't remember the name) and was pleasantly surprised at the quality and service. If you are tired of the hotel food, there is plenty of western restaurants walking distance away.

The staff was helpful and professional.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JR_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Lee R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai, and that you were pleased with the service and facilities as well as your breakfast experience. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel’s strategic location convenient.

I appreciate you recommending Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a Club Room for my first stay at this hotel. It certainly won't be my last. Unbelievable luxury - the room took my breath away. It was enormous.
The hotel is striking in appearance - at night you can see the "pink cube" for miles !

Pluses:
- Massive room with sofa, chaise lounge, small table and chairs, coffee machine, flask of Chinese tea on arrival next to the four poster king bed. Electric drapes and blinds.
- L'Occitane products supplied in beautiful bathroom. Separate toilet had electric bidet.
- Location is great - it is directly across the road from the Kerry hotel I have previously reviewed; both are attached to the Metro station at the end of Line 7. There are restaurants (including Greek and Thai) below the Jumeirah and many more in the mall across the road attached to the Kerry. (Recommend the Blue Frog Grill in that mall for beers and burgers).
- Century Park is across the road.
Minuses:
- Breakfast selection for westerners was limited.

Dear Mandmshow,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is good to know that the rooms and their facilities and our location provided such added value for you.

I have shared your kind feedback with the rest of the team, they were equally delighted to know that their efforts are highly appreciated by our guests.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Jumeirah Himalayas, hopefully in the very near future.

Tampa, Florda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have stayed in Jumeirah Himatayas hotel for three week in September, 2012. Excellent service and excellent breakfast. Very friendly and knowlwdgeable english speeking staff. Enjoyed the lobby atmosphere while relaxing with a glass of wine in the evenings. It is truly a place to experience real luxuary in Shanghai, Pudong. I am planning to stay here again in January, 2013 for another 3 or 4 weeks. I have recommended my business associates to stay here and enjoy, like I did.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quiter. Higher floors have less A/C unit noise. Rooms are large and sunn...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JR_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Jagtar K,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and acknowledge so many positive elements, and that you would choose to stay with us again. Your kind comments are highly appreciated.

Thank you once again, Jagtar K. for your comments and for your support, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Jumeirah in January. Please let me know if I can assist with your reservation at that time, or with any other arrangements.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Fantastic hotel in the Pudong area, great location for the fair and very conveniently located by the subway and close to the Maglev for trips to the airport. The hotel has a fantastic lobby with an amazing ceiling display and Chinese art.

Service was excellent, the room was spacious, modern and best of all, internet was free and fast.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
JR_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Tim K,

Thank you for staying with as at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and acknowledge so many positive elements of your stay. Your kind comments are highly appreciated.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai, hopefully in the very near future.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I brought a guest to stay at the Jumeirah Himalayas hotel over the October Holiday and the experience was AMAZING! The service level was excellent and they were ready to assist us with anything we needed. The lobby is one of the most beautiful in Shanghai and although it is a modern building, it still feels like it's historic with all the decoration and artwork displayed. We had dinner in the Grill Room and one of the dishes we ordered, the Braised Beef Short Rib, was completely beyond delicious and was a perfect portion. All the sides we ordered were just as great and the presentation was lovely. My guest was completely blown away by the experience there and I know I will definitely be bring guest there in the future. Simply Amazing!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view onto the atrium in the center. It's very beautiful and serenity like...
Dear jhy0719,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai.

I am very pleased to read that both you and your guest enjoyed your stay, and that you would choose to stay with us and recommend us to your guests in the future. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay - especially the high level of customer service and the quality and variety of the facilities throughout the hotel.

It is gratifying to note that we also met your expectations during your dinner experience in Grill Room.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed 2 nights, and was at Intercontinental Pudong the 2 earlier nights. Comparing both, I presume the latter is closer to the bund, but Jumeirah is right in front of Shanghai Expo, great if you are going there or in Shanghai for business with morning pick ups.

Jumeirah seems to offer a better deal, in terms of luxury accommodations. Intercontinental seems to have better breakfast.

Yes, the beds at Jumeirah are very good and cosy. Showers are great with strong water pressure. Enjoyed it.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the opporsite side of the elevator, you can end up walking quite a bit to your...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JR_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Travalor,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased with the service and facilities at the property. I note your comment about the breakfast, and wonder if you might be able to let me know of the type of items you would like to see for breakfast, but which we did not serve ( john.roberts@jumeirah.com ). I would be happy to review.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future.