“Inviting and Tranquil Atmosphere ......”

Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #14 of 5,161 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Came here for the first time as a long-staying guest (8 days), and enjoyed every minute I was inside the Hotel. Its breathes a very nice relaxed atmosphere, dimmed lighting, a superb lighting display on the ceiling in the lobby, with live music in different styles in the hotels lobby bar.

The rooms are spacious enough, nice comfy beds ( I had 2 beds), complete amenities, even your own Illy Espresso machine which is fantastic, in the morning when you wake up (a coffee lover like me) fresh coffee!! The room is equipped with everything you might need or want for your stay, good Internet connection, HDMI, big flat screen TV, bathroom with separate bath tub, shower ..... all in excellent condition ..... in short, I loved my first stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai, and I will certainly be back for more ......... oh ,and breakfast was good !!! I was out a lot so I have not had the pleasure yet of trying the restaurants inside the hotel, but next time I will !!

Room Tip: I understand that some rooms do not have a bathtub. I was there on business and loved to relax in my...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
JR_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear WorldTraveller196…,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. It is gratifying to note that you were impressed with the service and facilities at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. Your kind words will inspire the team to continue providing the best service experience possible.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future and that perhaps you will have the opportunity to try one of the restaurants. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a business meeting.

The hotel is nicely designed and full of nice touches in design and decor. Prices for food and drinks are at European levels.

My room was very large and the bed was terrific. Air con in the room was also good and quiet. So, the two things that normally keep me awake I'm hotels - uncomfortable beds and hot bedrooms - were no problem here and I slept really well.

The staff from the concierge and reception to the restaurant staff were friendly and helpful.

The elevators are noticeably slow. Certainly much slower than other modern hotels in Shanghai. Not realty a big problem but maybe under specified in the original design?

On the business side - the meeting room was good with good tea and coffee and a nice little selection of tempting treats. Aircon in the meetings rooms was a little noisy.

• Stayed: September 2012
JR_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear TerryBanham,

I would like to thank you for your complimentary review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. This will certainly motivate our team to continue to deliver the best service to our guests. It is always very rewarding to receive such compliments as the team endeavor to ensure that every guest leaves with great satisfaction.

I do note your comments regarding the elevators’ speed and I do hope that was not a big inconvenience for you. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention so that we may review the operation.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

A very warm welcome with cold towel and a juice. Good English spoken by most of the staff unlike in other hotels. Loved the lobby decor. Don't forget to look at the ceiling. Big size rooms, elegant decor. Free wifi in rooms. Good variety of western breakfast. They had vegetarian choices too. Metro line 7 just outside the hotel. massage centers, restaurants, mini marts, coffee shops, money exchange houses all within walking distances. Will come back and stay in this hotel. Will surely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2012
JR_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Tweety1106,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the service experience.

Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about our hotel. I have shared your feedback with the teams involved, and they are equally happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The staff were extremely attentive and helpful. One evening, a neighbor was blaring club music and as soon as I called the front desk, they took care of it.

The breakfast buffet was of great quality and variety, very convenient to have it included in my room rate.

Location was excellent, as my office was in the Kerry center so I simply had to cross the street. When I wanted to go farther, the metro stop was right outside the door or I could get a taxi without delay. You're a little off the beaten path from tourist stops but for me, the location couldn't be better.

The room was very comfortable, clean, spacious, and up to date.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
JR_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Butterandjelly,

Thank you for sharing your experiences from your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the service and facilities. We work hard to provide all guests with a memorable experience, and it is gratifying to hear when we meet or even exceed our guest’s expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai in the very near future.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Pro's;
-Rooms large and spacious
-Gym 24hrs, modern equipment
-Pool quiet and good for laps
-Ice room, Fire room and hot stone bath very relaxing and nicely done
-Located in nice area with small shopping centre and western supermarket as well as massage and fast food outlets all within 2 minute walk
-Metro station next to hotel

Con's;
-On the two occasions I tried to order room service both menu items were unavailable, on one occasion I was only informed after already waiting for 30 minutes
-English language is spoken by staff but with varying degrees of understanding....

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Dear Liz E,

It is gratifying to note that you were impressed with our services and facilities at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed especially our gym and that you found our location added value for you.

However, I was also disappointed to read your comment regarding the experience with our room service. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor and recommending Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The service here is excellent - friendly and attentive without being overpowering. I enjoyed the Caesar salad, which was light and tangy, as well as the apple and ginger sorbet, which was like a wave of fresh air for the tongue. The beef was good, and well presented. I selected the traditional strawberry panna cotta - it was not too bad, though a little sweet. All in all, it was a delightful lunch and I will certainly be back for more.

Dear Orator11,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the Shanghai Restaurant Week menu in the Grill Room.

It will be my pleasure to share your comments with my colleagues, including the chefs, as they will no doubt be delighted to know that their efforts are so well appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Grill Room in a very near future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at the Jumeirah in Shanghai multiple times on business. I love the truly Asian feel of the hotel, unlike other hotels I have seen that could be anywhere in the world. The reception area is beautifully ambiant with its dim lighting, candles, serene music, and motion lit ceiling, which mimics the sky. The staff are welcoming and friendly, the food is great, and the rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable. I will return to this hotel whenever I am back in Shanghai.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
JR_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Dear Jody D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback with regards to your recent stay at Jumeirah Himalayas Shanghai.

I am delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed the facilities and services in the hotel. Our team is very focused on extending the highest level of service to our guests and I am so pleased that the results are apparent. I have passed your feedback onto the rest of the team – they will find it very motivating

Once again, thank you for making Jumeirah Himalayas your destination of choice in Shanghai, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.