“Unique Experience”

Ranked #24 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Valencia, Spain
“Unique Experience”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The quality of the service is superb. Not only the receptionist named Star is a high quality professional who ensured our pleasant stay but also the courteous director of The Indigo hotel welcomed us. The views are breath taking and you can enjoy the incredible Bund at the terrace of the bar. What makes the difference between The Indigo hotel from other hotels on The Bund is the unique experience and the feeling of “no words” to explain how difficult is to make a stay luxurious by being so close and gentle to the guests. In other words, it´s the place to bring somebody you want to impress.

Room Tip: The Executive Room is exactly the room you want to choose. The mini Burgers are delicious. The...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Macarein
Shanghai_Indigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Greetings Macarein,

What a pleasure it was to have your with us here at Hotel Indigo and to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. It is that which our staff strive to provide each of our guests in their own special and unique way.

Please do let me know personally when next you plan to visit Shanghai so that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel Indigo myself.

Christoph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hannover, Germany
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My agent booked me through this hotel in May, I was recommended that everything here is a delight.
In fact it has a decent design, comfortable bed and great service provided by the receptionists in the lobby, the others are falling apart from a high expectation.
Breakfast - my advice don't be shy by ordering the hot dishes to the waiters, otherwise no one would propose to you. cold buffet presents a good selection of western and asian food.
Dinner - I have a friend joined me who is living in the city for more than 8 years, he just said to me there's no value with the dinner food as many of them you can find in the street around 2 euros which has been marked up to almost 10 euros. staffs are much less attentive than the breakfast and afternoon.
Roof top bar - I had a local beer which was good and another glass of sparkling wine from france which was not tasty at all, talked to someone who quickly replaced me another one from Italy, it's much better. I went on the internet found out the french one sells at 3 euro in the supermaket but they sell it more than 10 euro for a glass, it's a shame.
Meet the manager when I checked out the hotel, he encourage me to write a review here, I have to be honest that the hotel facilities and some areas are good enough but still need a huuuuge improvement. it's my first time in shanghai, at least I paid for the views to know the beauty of this city, but my second time should not be here, or the hotel will change what they're doing

Room Tip: book a room you can look at the river
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank fancypaddles
Dear fancypaddles,

I was honestly saddened upon reading your recent review on TripAdvisor as we were unable to meet your expectations particularly when it came to price value and our food and beverage operations. Your friend is absolutely correct you can select one of 100 food stalls withing walking distance from the hotel and acquire many of the same local dishes which we serve for a fraction of the price. However, this too come with its own risk and no assurance as to the quality of the product being use which of course we can fully stand behind our. This unfortunately comes at a cost which is reflected in the cost of the meal consumed here - not to mention the fantastic views you can enjoy from either Quay or Char Dining. I cannot argue that hotel are more expensive in many case than the local super market but given that you are clearly a business person you must understand the impact of overheads and the facilities which you are able to enjoy such product bare some impact on the overall sales price. So in fairness, a comparison with any of the other hotels here along the Bund would in fact demonstrate that Hotel indigo is in fact the most reasonable among them.
Again I do apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations and do hope that you would try us again upon your return to Shanghai.

I would very much like to meet you in person and make sure your next visit further demonstrates the value proposition that this hotel stands on.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed June 3, 2014

First time visitor to the hotel. Trendy entrance, friendly receptionists. After I came into my room I commented on the view of the room, very nice overlooking the river. It was about 15 minutes later that Jason (the guy who showed me upstairs) called me in my room and said that he had a surprise. One minute later he came and told me he got me another room with an even better view of the river. That put a big smile on my face. Thanks Jason.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear PetervdH2014,

In the end that's what it all about. Putting a smile on each of our guest's faces and making sure that their time with us here at Hotel Indigo is as enjoyable and comfortable as we can make it.

We sure do hope that we will be able to take care of you again in the near future.

Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotel i visited , we stayed for 3 nights , the room decor os amazing , look the pictures , you will get exactly what you see . It was quite with friendly and helpful staff . Also its close to the bund , around 15 mins walking . The only thing missing is the variety of the western food in there dining menu . There is 3 river view , make sure to take the best one I Recommend this hotel .

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Shanghai_Indigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Greetings Abdulla A

Thanks for taking the time to share with us your very positive comments concerning your recent visit to Hotel Indigo. You are right that our three meal restaurant Quay, located on the sixth floor of the hotel offers both a selection of some Western Dishes as well as an array of local Shanghaines specialties. I am not sure if you were also aware of our fantastic steakhouse on the 29th floor called Char it is reported to have not only the best steaks in town but one of the best views as well. I hope I might introduce you to Char upon your return to Shanghai.

With warm regards

Estero, Florida
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Wonderful hotel in a great location. This is really a gem. I was able to walk everywhere and felt that I was really in the middle of everything. The included breakfast was a "don't miss" even if you are not a morning person. My room was beautifully furnished with a bathroom to die for. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. Again, this hotel is in a great neighborhood if you enjoy walking. Also, don't miss an opportunity the take en evening river cruise.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a river view it is nice, but not necessary.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Shanghai_Indigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Kitty -

You hit the nail on the head- the hotel at its core is about bringing the guest together with the various aspects of the fabulous neighborhood we live in - in a friendly, informative, insider way that gives you a richer and more exiting experience when with us here in Shanghai.

I noticed you were here in June of last year with your family - so hope this means you are planning a trip back to hotel Indigo and if so please reach out to me personally so I can be sure we once again do all we can to exceed your expectations.

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2014

What can I say about this hotel? Everything was amazing. The room was stunningly beautiful, full of cool nicknacks and helpful items. We weren't looking at the river but the view was just as great because we could see the YuYuan Gardens.
The staff were just so helpful and really friendly - all of them! We didn't have a single bad experience with a staff member.
The restaurant was great for breakfast lunch and dinner, awesome buffet, great view along the river.
If you are staying in Shanghai, STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! It is the best!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dania R -

Who could ask for a more glowing review thank you for all the praise. Now we need to work on getting you back to Shanghai for another stay with us here at Hotel Indigo. You are absolutely right, every view be it of the Yu Gardens, South River towards the Cool Docks, straight across the river to Pudong, or a view North up the river to capture the historic Bund all can capture the imagination and inspire our guests. Certainly glad to hear you enjoy so many aspects of your stay.

Now be sure to let me know upon your return so that I might meet you personally.

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This hotel was a kick and a half--be SURE you get a river view room looking across the river (our room originally wasn't but we upgraded and got them to include breakfast with it).
I can't remember why we chose it from the US but it turned out to be much higher end than anything we could stay in here and of course no where near as expensive so we wound up having an experience (warm toilet seats--couldn't get myself to put them on energy saver) that we would never have here (and in China, confusing). Very good concierge staff in terms of helping us get around.

Room Tip: I'm not sure high is so important, but river-side absolutely is.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 10Rick
Greetings 10Rick-

I must say I got a kick out of reading your comments concerning your recent stay with us here at Hotel Indigo. Because having grown up in the states and visiting New York a few times in my day there is no way one would find such an amazing combination of location, innovative design, spacious rooms, amazing views and amenities and such a friendly staff at 5-10 x our rates.

I sure hope that we will be able to welcome you back to both Shanghai and the hotel indigo soon. And the team is sure glad that you were able to uncover this gem of a property from your desk top in the States.