Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund
$220
$155
$107
  • Restaurant
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
$130
$110
1,506 results
All reviewschar barrooftop barquay restauranthuangpu rivertop floora river view roomcorner roomacross the riverfloor to ceiling windowsbeautiful roomloved this hotelchinese stylefantastic hotelyu gardenroom ratebundchina
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The staff here is amazing and combined with an awesome property and location you cannot go wrong with your staff here. When I checked in my priority number was not in the reservation and I did not think of it until I was in my room. I went down to have them add the number and they upgraded my room and came up to the previous room to help me move my things. Ivan the shift manager was great, sent a little gift up, called to make sure everything was ok.

I love all the little touches, the room, bed and amenities were great. Breakfast is well done, I like the selection, pricey but it is Shanghai and a nice hotel so that is to be expected. Char is a wonderful place for a nightcap, they mix a very proper martini there.

Met the General Manager Christoph my last night while getting a taxi. He was warm and really helpful and was out there hailing flags, working with his people. When you see things like that you know everything is run well.

I will never stay anywhere else in Shanghai. It is a place where everything just looks and feels right.

Room Tip: Choose a view of the Pudong side, amazing view worth the money.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Boyfriend & I did a quick stay-cation in Shanghai @ Indigo for 2 evenings just after the start of CNY.

Loved
-the staff: nod to our dude, Jackson @ the front desk...great service!
-the room: 28th floor corner room all glass (providing great views of the Bund when the pollution wasn't too heinous), swanky & mod (not tacky) decor, great bathroom with soaking tub & rain shower & amazing Tibetan rose root toiletries
-overall hotel decor: just like the room...super chic
-Char bar...amazing view of Shanghai from the balcony...the trade-off is the expensive drinks, but that's standard fare for spots on the Bund

The only let-down for us was that the restaurant, Char, which we heard was fab, was closed for CNY

If you don't mind being a little further away from some of the fanfare and shelling out $$ for the view & service-this is your place

We will definitely return

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alyssawensel
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This hotel was very good - rooms fantastic - breakfast fantastic - service impeccable. Location on the Bund great as well, and fantastic view from the bar.

The decorations are very interesting, as with other Indigo hotels - it may not all be exactly 100% to my taste, but i found it very refreshing.

If I really had to look for something that could be improved a little - i would have to say the temperature in the pool was quite cold - but considering that this is the only small thing i can find to mention, I have to say this hotel is really top notch!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2014

From the moment we arrived at the Indigo hotel we fell in love with the style, the service and the most helpful staff. Nothing is too much trouble.
Our room exceeded our expectations with every mod con you could possibly think off. It's the little extras that make your stay so lovely. Everything you could wish for and more. Even sending up ginger tea when the staff realise you are not feeling well and a night cap to make sure you have a good nights sleep.
Breakfast is a very enjoyable experience again stylish, colourful china and a wonderful choice for all tastes, with such attention to detail.
Christoph the General Manager has created a feeling of a very friendly family team spirit atmosphere. Everyone is trained to a very high standard.
We really don't want to leave.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Good location with nice and stunning river view in the night. The hotel lobby and guest room are a bit small compared with the traditional international brand hotels but this one is a boutique hotel which has its own character. The amenities are quite personal. It gives a feeling of being back in old Shanghai of early 20th century. Hotel staff are helpful. The breakfast is rich and with good variety.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business