“Superb atmosphere”

Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund
Ranked #24 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
“Superb atmosphere”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I decided to stay at a new hotel this time in Shanghai. My students told me about the sky bar at Indigo and I decided to give it a try. Somewhat pricy I unexpectedly turned cheap and choose a room facing the city instead of the bund. (It's on the Bund, what was I thinking?) Please choose a room with the right view when you go there, I will next time, and it will be a next time. Stylish Lobby and very very friendly and helpful staff. All that I meet were very friendly, English speaking and very helpful. Entering the sky bar I made it through the queue since I stayed at the hotel. Precisely what you expect.

Room Tip: Please choose a river-view room! you will regret not doing it (I do!)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Shanghai_Indigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Carl_Henric N Greetings from Shanghai and hotel Indigo-

We are so pleased to read not only that you had a memorable stay with us but you are looking forward to returning to us soon. I have taken the liberty of adding your room preference to your guest profile so that you will be certain to enjoy one of our amazing river view rooms or spectacular bund views upon your return.

Please be sure to reach out to me so that I may greet you when you arrive and head up to Charbar to introduce you to the newly renovated space with even more amazing panoramic interior views of the city while we share a tasty cocktail from Jeremy's new menu.

All the best

Christoph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had read so many great reviews on trip advisor for Hotel Indigo, which caused a combination of excitement and anxiousness in me. In short I was greatly impressed by their services. I highly recommend it. Oh, yes I was.
We, as a couple, stayed from 21st Oct to 30th Oct 2013, in the Premier Bund view room. Check in was fabulous, very efficient and personalized. The room layout is pretty nice, with a spacious living room area, which includes a study desk and mini bar. With a lounge sofa alongside the large window of the 26th floor, facing the Pudong side. The large bathroom and lounge were also a great experience. The staff makes this hotel a wonderful stay, they cannot do enough for you, everyone from the General Manager to the cleaners was so friendly and ready to assist you wherever needed. The room was cleaned meticulously every day. The view from our room was breathtaking. There were nice touches from something to nibble in the room every now and then in evenings to the complimentary bottles of water. Char bar and restaurant on the roof with fantastic views over the Bund and Shanghai city overlooking the HuangPu river. Food is fantastic at the Quay not to mention the staff (Sophie, Cynthia and Alina). Everyone went above and beyond, variety of excellent teas served at the breakfast. Felt very pampered. The pool is also well appointed with nice views, smart gym. The fabric market is about 5 minutes walk away; YuYuan garden is about 20 minutes by foot (5 minutes by taxi).

Overall I would definitely recommend the hotel and would definitely come back again!!

Room Tip: 11 floor Premier room, Pudong view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Shanghai_Indigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Oolongexpress-

We are so glad that you decided to see if all the great things you have been reading and hearing about hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund were in fact true for yourself and not just some hotel hype.

We know in a city like Shanghai both business and leisure travelers have literally 100's if not 1000's of hotel options to choose from and at the top they can all boast of their amenities, grand buildings and some their location.

However to be recognized for personalized, relevant, friendly service and an attention to detail which put you as a guest at ease in this bustling city is the key to our success and strive to provide every day for every guest.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will consider us your home away from home when next you find yourself in Shanghai. Thank you again fro your kind comments - I will be certain to share them with the entire team.

With warm regards

Singapore
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was on a business trip to our Shanghai office for two weeks and my wife was happy to join me. While I was busy at work the hotel took care that my wife does not waste time flipping TV channels or getting bored sitting in the lobby with a book. So, they came up with fantastic ideas how to spend her time visiting museums, shopping places, massage center/spa’s etc (though I was happy to see her have fun, there was a hint of jealousy on my part as I couldn’t join her ;)).

The hotel really comes into its own with the little things. Firstly, they literally seem to have the “Ask and you shall receive“ policy in full force. Everything I asked for was immediately catered to.

Staff: The staff is attentive and ready to please. There is one particular gentleman that we were fortunately taken care of, Mr. Iven Front Desk Manager. He was extremely thoughtful throughout our stay and went out of his way to make our stay memorable. As China is synonymous with tea, but it is not easy to get authentic teas at a reasonable price, Mr. Iven helped us a lot with different teas, their benefits and the best place to buy.

Also, Ms. Cici the F&B supervisor is always around with a big smile and truly helpful.

Location: The hotel is located at the southern end of the Bund close to the Cool Docks, 20 min. on foot to Yu Garden. The next Metro Station is unfortunately appr. 20 Min. by foot (West Nanjing Rd), but there are plenty of Taxis available.

Breakfast Buffet: Features excellent breakfast spreads with local and international guests in mind. They might want to add some more vegetarian options, though.

Rooms: Clean and large rooms. We had had booked the Premier Bund View Room with a King bed. It provided a lovely view towards Pudong accross the Huangpu River.

Facilities: Good gym and swimming pool with fantastic views for health enthusiasts.

Room Tip: If you want larger, go for the Premium Bund View Room, facing Pudong (26 floor)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Greetings Uluwatu2013,

Thank you for your amazingly detailed first TripAdvisor review and I will certainly share it with the entire team. It gives us great pleasure to see our guests enjoy the various aspects of the hotel's design, attentive service and first class facilities. We strive to share all we have learned and know about the fantastic neighborhood we find ourselves in both subtle and overt ways always surprising the guest when we can and creating memories of Shanghai and the hotel Indigo that will last far beyond the length of stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Shanghai
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary with a two-night stay at Indigo; we were not disappointed. The hip design of the facility is exceptionally appealing with a modern yet warm ambiance. It has the expected conveniences and professionalism of a 5-star hotel, but the room decor and unique design make you feel as if you're in a boutique. You are in walking distance of Yu Garden, and not too far from the Bund. The buffet breakfast is top notch and surprises with unexpected options, presentation and atmosphere. Get a table (or sofa) with a view of the river! Also, we splurged for dinner at Char, and absolutely loved it. It is quite expensive, and the "salt tray" is gimmicky, but the food, wine and service are excellent. Highly recommend this hotel & restaurant.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LovingLifeInChina
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed October 30, 2013

After my stay in Indigo Tianjin, I was preatty sure that my best choice would be going to Indigo Shanhai. The Hotel is splendid, the City is a dream and was surely one of the best places in the world I have been to. Nihao Shaghai!

Room Tip: Choose the riverfront rooms for the view of Pudong and the urban marvel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The hotel staff was very helpful indeed, the lobby decor was inspiring, & the room was both modern and traditionally Shanghai. The view on the 30th floor was absolutely gorgeous. The only downside is that you need a cab to go anywhere, and in rush hour, it was not the easiest to grab a cab. But if you don't mind walking, taking a walk along the bund is nice too.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Shanghai
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have already had a chance to stay at this hotel two times. Rooms are nice and service is good. I like the views from the rooms.. Rooms design is also nice and comfortable. Great bar on the roof! My wife and I stayed there for a weekend and we had a great time. Great for a couple get a way....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings Ron E -

It is always a thrill to read a review from one of our local guests who have discovered the amazing combination of design, local touches, spectacular views and the cities top steakhouse which hotel Indigo brings all together right in their own back yard.

More and more local guests are flocking to our hotel over the weekend to enjoy the service and amenities as part of the growing trend of "staycations" and we certainly look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future and would very much like to meet you in person.

With warm regards