Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund
  • Restaurant
$150
$144
1,479 results
All reviewschar barrooftop barquay restauranthuangpu rivera river view roomtop floorroom decorcorner roomacross the riverfloor to ceiling windowsbeautiful roomloved this hotelchinese styleyuyuan gardenfantastic hotelduty managerroom rate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during a work trip and it was really good. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was very tastefully decorated. Very good location as well. It's a little pricey but its really worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Angelr82
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Should be 10 stars!

We found this hotel last year when we ate at Char (which is similarly excellent) but never stayed. This year we booked again for dinner at Char in order to celebrate our anniversary. What set this hotel apart from all the others not only in Shanghai but elsewhere in the world was the service we received.

Barthelemy assisted us from the moment we first booked the restaurant and in total I received over 10 emails from him to ensure that the reservation was exactly what we wanted and no detail was overlooked. This in turn led us to book at the hotel for one night. Our agent booked us in for the wrong night and where as some hotels would view this as an opportunity to take free money Berthelemy went way beyond expectations to help us resolve the issue with minimum of fuss and stress. This is the mark of world class service, training and customer focus.

Wow!!! What a hotel. NY Soho and London cool hits Shanghai chic. Some hotels advertise designer this and that. Indigo just exudes cool and style. The minute you enter the lobby you are hit with a feast of colour and design. No detail is too small and the welcome is genuine. When we checked in the receptionist knew our names, the time of our dinner reservation, our preferences without prompting. Checkin was fast smooth and efficient.

The rooms are incredible. Book a Pudong river view room and savour the vista. We have stayed in 10-15 hotels in Shanghai and they do not even come close. The bed - huge. Choice of pillow - check. Easy chairs and table for snacks and drinks - of course. The bathroom is incredible with floor to ceiling views of the river and bund with a great egg chair to sit and enjoy the view. A beautiful free standing bath sits in the middle with should you so choose a TV. Everything is decorated in true boutique chic including two gorgeous lanterns which serve as bed side lights.

Other facilities - international satellite channels, pretty much all of them. Extremely fast FREE broadband WiFi.

The rooftop bar probably offers the best views of the bund outside of the private clubs directly on the banks of the river. The drinks are cool, reasonably priced and genuinely excellent.

Downsides - there are none.

I could go on gushing about Hotel Indigo but I will leave it to you to book and find out for yourselves. All I can say is that I have only ever experienced courtesy and helpfulness like this once before and that hotel was 3 times the price of this one and part of the Mandarin Oriental Group. We will never stay anywhere else in Shanghai now.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the River View room. You have come this far - it is so worth it. Book into Char for dinner as well. Well worth the treat
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dsharratt
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Its my fourth time staying at Indigo Shanghai. Its like a second home when I go to Shanghai. I love the cozy and contemporary design of the guest room. Most of all I enjoy that magnificent million dollar view of the amazing skyline of shanghai whilst soaking in the bathtub ! The breakfast buffet has a good spread with an interesting choice of main courses presented in a beautiful way. I also enjoyed the bar which I would go every evening after my meetings if I have the chance. The view of the shanghai skyline at dusk is breathe taking. As for service, the staff is always attentive. Strongly recommended if you are in shanghai

Room Tip: If you can, chose the room with the view of the bund
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. I have too many good things to say about Indigo. In no order of importance:
1) modern well-planned yet funky one-of-a-kind interior design rooms - the rooms contained furniture, paintings and used materials with oriental influence
2) amazing panoramic views of the bund from restaurant quay, the bar and even the swimming pool.
3) intuitive and friendly service from front desk and concierge- special mention goes to Jackson who provided us tips on local eats and spas
4) the most comfortable hotel beds I have slept on
5) the most friendly guest manual for visitors new to shanghai or the neighborhood.
6) small touches such as nightcaps and snacks left for us for the evening.

The area was not very friendly for public transport but it was easy to get a taxi. Yu yuan was ten minutes walk and the neighborhood was very authentic and local. Plus this was at the end of the bund so it was relatively easy to stroll to the bars / restaurants along the bund.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank keiragopi
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed for a long weekend to experience shanghai and indigo was perfect.
Perfectly located on the river overlooking the historical bund and metropolis skyscrapers of new pudong.
Design of the hotel was beautiful. Comfortable. Unique.
The service was amazing. Friendly all round.
Breakfast was divine.
And lastly - amazing spectacular views.
Thank you for a memorable and remarkable weekend ... Loved the goodnight brownies :-)

Room Tip: Upgrade to bund river - worth it fir the room, views and bathroom!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple