Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
$67
Free cancellation until 12/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
$67
Trip.com
$62
Expedia.com$67
Booking.com$67
Destinia.com$72
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The good thing about this holiday inn is that it has a very fast internet connection which is good for those of us who like to work in our rooms. The service was average, the hotel insisted on charging me an extra night for a reservation that I had made without a credit card guarantee and for which the hotel never sent me a confirmation number. I had stayed at another holiday inn in Pu Dong, do too a mixup with poor communication from the hotel. The hotel also has a very bad odor in the lobby that smells like sewage and at times it made its way up to our room on the 12 floor. There also was a digital alarm clock that was too bright and never was set to the correct time. The most annoying thing about this hotel is that no Shanghai taxi driver knew where the hotel or its street was and each time we had to call the hotell and have the hotel tell the taxi drivers how to get there. The breakfast was ok with good coffee but it is mostly western dishes with just a few chinese breakfast dishes. It did not have a bathtub either only a shower, but did carry cinemax and hbo.

Room tip: Always remember to request a nonsmoking room in China and try to avoid one that smells like the lobby.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Hotel Rooms are extremely nice and comfortable and the rooms facing the park give a nice view. The staff is very efficient and fluent in english. The Breakfast quality was good but it was quite expensive. I was charged RMB 116 whereas if I had the ordered the same in my room the charge would have been RMB 98. This was pointed out to the hotel management. Otherwise the concierge service, the assistance at the reception was very good.

On the Swimming Pool floor the Hotel should install some exhaust fans as the moment I stepped out of the lift, there was the typical chlorinated swimming pool smell even though it was quite a distance away from the lift.

Otherwise good hotel for business travellers. There is no Spa and Internet is not free.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2012

First business trip to China took me to Shanghai from the 27th to the 31st of August. Having heard so many 'fantastic' stories about this huge country, I entrusted my stay there with a popular chain like Holiday Inn and what a stay it was.
The room was huge, decor was fabulous, internet was free, breakfast spread was generous, staff were very accomodating and, surprisingly, English-speaking. Tried the restaurants, no complains. Sports bar located on the third floor was a nice, quiet place to relax after a long day and the staff there, Cici, is quite competent despite being the only staff there.
Taxis are not a problem and the popular mass transit system is a 13 minute walk away.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was a good hotel, one of the better we stayed in. The lobby bar was great and we hung out here at night. Shanghai is unlike any other Chinese cities and by far the nicest. Reminded me of Singapore or a small Hong Kong. Hotel location is ok. Across the river from all the new areas and a distance to the Bund. Breakfast was good with lots of American dishes. Booked with Wendy Wu Tours (through my travel agent), which was amazing. I wouldn't go to China with anyone else.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed at hotel after my 15 hour flight from US - rooms are great, lots of space. Staff was friendly and attentive. The airconditioner in the room didnt get the room very cool, but was acceptable. This is the nicest Holiday Inn i have ever stayed at.

Date of stay: August 2012