“Great for Bike Renting by yourself”
Review of China Cycle Tours

China Cycle Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$550.00*
and up
2-Day Private Tour of Xi'an from Shanghai by Air
More attraction details
Owner description: China Cycle Tours is a Shanghai and Suzhou based bicycle tourism company specializing in guided city and countryside biking tours.China Cycle Tours operates carefully chosen cycling routes both in the cities (Shanghai and Suzhou) and in the surrounding mountains and countryside. It also can provide customized tours if the customers are interested in travelling off the beaten path.The people working in China Cycle Tours speak both Mandarin and English, they are well travelled and love to share the passion for cycling with other people. They guide various tours and handle all logistic details from activities, transportation, food and lodging.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Venice
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Great for Bike Renting by yourself”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I only wanted to rent and explore myself. The bike provided by China Cycle was perfect for this purpose. Just what I needed; pumped up tyres, decent brakes, padlock and chain for RMB 80 plus helmet for another RMB 20. Plus map and some water. You need decent ID or a sizeable cash deposit for sensible reasons. I had a great 5 hour ride. The whole experience was good fun. Watch out in Shanghai for no-bike roads or no-bike zones which are there for good reasons.
Enjoy; I did.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank MarcoPolo888

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A great way to see the city in half a day”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My dad and I only had 2 days in Shanghai so we decided to do China Cycle Tour's half-day trip. It was great! Our guide was very knowledgable, took us to very interesting sites and made sure we saw what we wanted to see. Cycling is a good way to explore a city if you are pushed for time and also very fun as you get a chance to explore the smaller backstreets of Shanghai!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Sara L
Vienna, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“suzhou”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

A new experience
I planned to spend in Suzhou just two days with my girlfriend, so we
wanted to see us much as possible.And since we are both experienced
cyclists, we decided to try it this way.
And it was a good decision, because I never imagined that it could be so
much fun.We got a detailed presentation of the tour, the Suzhou city tour,
and it was so well done, that we stayed a day longer and took also the
countrsyide tour,which was in my opinion even better (most of the year we
spend in Wien, so we learned to love green...and the bamboo forests are
just...green ! )
The tour was well managed, safely organized, so i highly recommend it to
anyone with a spare day or even just half of one.You will not be sorry !

Visited April 2012
2 Thank johann z
New Jersey
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 170 helpful votes
“Impressive tour of Old Shanghai”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I took the Old Shanghai tour. We started at 10a and ended at 1:30. It was private, which was nice as we could tailor what we saw and how much time we spent. It was impressive to see housing from 100 years ago that is still in use today. Our tour guide actually took us into one of the housing buildings which was most impressive. The city has good bike lanes and riding felt safe for adults. I would be cautious to take young children.

My only suggestion to CCT would be for tour guides to have even more history knowledge of Shanghai to explain even more.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank MPCLDC
beijing
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“See Hangzhou with China Cycle Tours!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We (family with 2 young children) had a great 2 days cycling experience in Hangzhou!
Cycling is really THE way to see this city, the lake and the tea village Longjing.
Everything was very well arranged and our guide Stella was great!

Visited May 2012