“Simply awesome food and wine”

Jardin De Jade (Xianggang Plaza)
Ranked #245 of 17,245 Restaurants in Shanghai
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Xintiandi
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Held a business dinneer here and we booked a provate room. The Shanghainese cuisine was exceptional and many of the dishes were new yet familiar to me. The waiting staff were very cordial and was very patient with us. They even joined in on a couple of songs!

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Me and my family love this place. The food is good and not too oily, and the restaurant is family friendly.
We love getting the "Drunk Chicken" and the "Sajiangji" as well as the "niuliuli" (which I believe is called European Beef or something).
During the mornings and up to around 2, they serve Yumcha (cantonese afternoon tea), which is delicious! Their tangbao (pork dumplings with soup) is the best I've ever eaten, and I've dined in different places in China, Taiwan, and Japan.
The service has been declining ever since they've gotten more customers, and the serving sizes smaller. It's getting a bit loud and busy, as they've been trying to fit more tables into the seating areas.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Good prices, classy ambience (esp the one in old Shanghai Abbatoir)

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Only one bad comment,it was very over crowded with staff continually moving chairs etc.Once it settled down the meal was very good ,service not bad but I picked a busy night unfortunately,but I will try again because I think if warrants another go.food was tasty.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

A very satisfactory experience and worthy of a visit.