“a very pleasant meal”

Jardin De Jade (Xianggang Plaza)
Ranked #155 of 17,329 Restaurants in Shanghai
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Xintiandi
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Only one bad comment,it was very over crowded with staff continually moving chairs etc.Once it settled down the meal was very good ,service not bad but I picked a busy night unfortunately,but I will try again because I think if warrants another go.food was tasty.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

A very satisfactory experience and worthy of a visit.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Amazing selection of food and many items I've never had. The deserts are amazing as well. Even the plates and untesils are of high quality. The location is in the IFC mall 4th Floor.
Apple store is just outside in case you need some electronics.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

We were invited by Shanghai locals to be their guests at this restaurant for dinner. They ordered food they thought we Americans would find welcoming, including a salad with a soy ginger dressing, tenderloin steak cubes, marinated and grilled cod (from Canada), broccoli, mock abalone, cold sliced roast beef, cold sliced duck, crispy tofu, real abalone, rice, noodles, and dumplings. The familiar food was indeed much appreciated and the evening was very pleasant.

1  Thank Bikers_Mom
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I was very excited about eating at this restaurant as my guide had told me many good things. Unfortunately I was extremely disappointed with the service I received and ended up getting so angry that I walked out. As soon as I entered I said ni-how and was looked at with a dirty scowl by the lady manning the door. She then spoke to me in Chinese, and seeing as I did not understand and was unable to reply she laughed and made what I believe to be a cheeky comment to her colleague. I didn't take it to heart and followed her to what I though was going to be the table. She then started talking to her colleagues for a while. When she realised that I was still behind her she just pointed me to a table, at which I sat. I then sat at the table for about 10 minutes before the waitor on duty paid me any attention - I was not angry about this as I assumed that they were just nervous about conversing with a single foreigner. I then ordered my food, some stir-fried beef, spicy cababage, Shanghai noodles and rice (with a cup of Jing Ling tea). As soon as the waiter took my order, a table of 3 came in with a person, who I believed to be the manager. He ended up snapping his fingers like no tomorrow, getting the waitors and waitresses to bring him bottles of wine. Again, I was not angry about this as having worked in the restaurant business I know that it is a perk of the job. What did make me angry however was the fact that in a 20 minute period, the table in front of me (who ordered after) had received their wine, meals and were half way through before I had even received my cup of tea. I wanted to talk with someone to vent my anger, but no-one understood English so I ended up walking out.