“Nice but expensive”

Neighborhood: Gubei / Hongqiao / Minhang
Cambridge
“Nice but expensive”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I've been going to this restaurant on various visits to Shanghai since 2010. The food and service are really good but the downside is the expense compared to other restaurants in the area. This is why I've only given it an average rating. Try the Bukhara kebab and the Afghani Aloo, both fantastic.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Gaolong

Shanghai, China
“Best Indian Food in Shanghai”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I really love the atmosphere and the Tandoori specialties! While I'm not Indian and am not exactly sure how it compares to great food in India, I really love Indian food and eat it regularly. Bukhara can compete with the best Indian restaurants I've been so far in places like London, Singapore, Hong Kong and other parts of Europe. The Malay Tikka is always a trat. I Will definitely go back.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Does not live upto the name”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Being from India, my craving for Indian food increased after 4 days of eating Chineese food. But I was disappointed by the experience. Food for two costs around 400 RMB without liquor. The Black Dal which is supposed to be the trademark dish was average and so were the other dishes

Visited November 2012
Frankfurt, Germany
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I had been to this restaurant before, some years ago with my family for a weekend lunch. It was new then, and empty, and uninspired and disappointing.
In the meantime it won some kind of award and I thought I give it another chance. I went for a dinner and a chat with a friend, and the place was crowded. That's always a good sign.
We had a chicken massala and 2 vegetable dishes with nan, and all was excellent. We could have had Kingfishers with it, but preferred to be conservative and had Erdingers. Good choice. Nice dinner.

2 Thank Helmut S
Shanghai, China
“Good Indian Food”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have been several time and never a disappointment. They have a diverse menu and can prepare off-menu items upon request. Staff and cooks are Indian. Waitors give excellent suggestions and food is prepared as it should be. There are always several tables with Indian guests, so I am quite sure the food taste authentic. Prices are moderate.

Visited January 2012