“EXCELLENT HOTEL - GOOD LOCATION - GOOD SERVICE”

Grand Central Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #49 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Canada
“EXCELLENT HOTEL - GOOD LOCATION - GOOD SERVICE”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

For my wife and me this was our first time travel to China and I was concerned about the hotels in Shanghai. I had made arrangements with the hotel to pick us from the Airport. On the day of the arrival I had a driver and an English speaking person had come to the airport to pick us. As we arrived at the hotel there were 4 people waiting at the door to invite us and a nice girl took us to the reception area. After the registration we were taken to our room by 2 people. I had taken an executive Suite - what a huge room and a separate room for sitting and for business work. We travel all over the World and have stayed in different hotels but this room was big with big bath room.
The restaurant was nice with good food. The executive floor had it own breakfast area and also check in and out desk. For our sight seeing in Shanghai I had asked the hotel concierge to arrange for a car & driver and an English speaking tour guide.
Mr. Stockton Chen the concierge was very helpful to make all the arrangements for the everyday sighting seeing trip. The driver and the tour guide were very helpful in showing the city of Shanghai and taking us to nice restaurants. We had a wonderful stay in Shanghai and in Grand Central Hotel. I would go again to stay at this hotel. I highly recommend this hotel. Excellent service, good location and good food

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tornto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Let's be honest: In Paris they would make four hotel rooms out of the room I had at the Grand Central.
If, what I had was a standard room (I think it was), their suites must be the size of Paris. Well, big anyway.
Okay, so: Huge rooms, huge bathrooms (I have stayed in hotels where the room was the size of the bathroom at the Grand Central!), huge wardrobe (walk-in even).
Everything's there.
Lobby the size of a football field (can you sense a theme here), breakfast was very nice, big buffet.
I didn't try any of their other restaurants.
Bottom line: You want grand. They give you grand!

• Liked — Huge rooms. I mean seriously huge rooms
  • Disliked — Stupid bathroom soap wrap
  • Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank GulfWanderer
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Excellent service, very nice rooms, security and great location. The restaurant is still finding its way... I would not eat here for the price... good rooms but eat somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Murphy_Sox
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Location is fabulous..just across Nanjing Pedestrian Street! Reception, concierge, down to the bell boys were very customer-oriented, approachable, and would go out of their way to assist. Breakfast buffet is quite typical though, nothing to rave about. This hotel certainly offers value-for-money accommodation. Top-of-mind when we visit Shanghai again!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ReydJ
Sao Paulo
Reviewed December 7, 2009

I've stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. Room is big, bathroom is huge! You can find perfect amenities and special details. Location is good, near to restaurants and shops. People at the reception and concierge speak good english and are very helpful. Unfortunally I can't say the same of the restaurant people. They should learn a little more english before working in such a great hotel. Food is also great! They offer cable conection in the room, either at the desk and near the bed. I would highly recoment this hotel!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank suzanac
Luzern
Reviewed November 9, 2009

It is a fantastic hotel I'd ever stay. Wonderful environment ,Good location and friendly service.will be always my choice in Shanghai. You must give them all 5 points for everything.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Worldhotels.com