“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 4,966 Hotels in Shanghai
Tabriz
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We Were at the Hotel on July 2012 for three days. It was a great hotel,the staff were very friendly and helpful.The concierge was very caring about showing you the ways.rooms were clean and food was delicious,you had oppurtunities to choose from a variety of cultures.everything was ok. The view was remarkable.The only disadvantage was its location far from the tourist attractions and shopping centers.there were no subway nearby also.but it was a considerable place to stay.

Room Tip: choose the rooms viewing the huangpu river
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rachel L, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Shanghai Expo, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us. We are very happy to see you have enjoyed your trip here. All the efforts we make is to meet and exceed each guest’s expectation. Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was extremely impressed by this hotel. I stayed in a ccorner suite and it was one of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. Floor to celiing windows - excellent view - superb decor - really EXCELLENT. If I based the hotel on this it would be excellent. But when I checked out - the Bellgirl took my bag - I explained which airport I was going to - showed her which one it was and then she handed me off to a different person. This person put me into the taxi and then told the driver to bring me to thw wrong airport. BIZZARE. Lucky that I was listening carefully and then I corrected the hotel staff then asked which terminal. I showed him. What airline I was flying and then he had some words with the driver. As soon as we pulled out of the hotel - the driver turned to me and said Terminal 1? I thought how could there still be any question and nodded yes. I was brought to the wrong terminal - the other terminal is 20 minutes away and I almost missed my flight. How can the staff at this hotel be so STUPID. While the room was amongst the best I ever stayed at - the check out experience was THE WORST. Get you act together!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Experienced Traveler 2012
Thank you for taking time you share your comments with us. I am sorry to hear such an unpleasant experience you had after you check-out. We generally receive excellent and positive feedback on the service of our team and the level of service you are describing is entirely not what we would like our guests to experience. Please be assured that this is an isolated case. Could you please advise your email address so we can contact you directly to communicate further?
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed a this hotel for the weekend as we had a work dinner to attend. I had not stayed here for a while and the last time was ok, but not great...

It was a different hotel, the staff were very friendly, not just to me but our clients and other guests.

We used the pub in the villa area, service location and prices were very good. Not a lot of of other guests, just our group, which was great.

Room was was very large compare to previous stay, over looking the bund.

Very easy to get a taxis at night and in the morning, which is not always possible in China.

On Sunday we did some tourist things with some of our USA clients, it is on the other normal side of the bund, but getting there was not an issues.

I was impressed, surprised and will be back again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much to share your great experience with us! We are pleased that you did enjoy your time in our hotel and really appreciate your great recognition. We always try our best to create "Great Hotels Guests Love" and sincerely welcome you back soon.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Very nice, clean hotel, nothing at all to complain about, except the location.

Do: Stay here if you have business nearby, or a conference at the hotel
Do Not: Stay here if you are in Shanghai for sight-seeing, it's far away from everywhere you will want to go

Good room, decent service, nice food, slept very well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to share your experience with us. We are honored to be recognized and it will encourage us to do better. It is only 8 minutes to Lujiazui by taxi and easy access to Puxi area. In the upcoming months the area around the hotel will develop further, offering our guests a higher number or businesses and sights to visit. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again!
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

The hotel has very friendly staff and they go out of their way to make things as comfortable as possible. Excellent choice of food and beverage outlets although some of them werent open (I suppose has to do with off season?). The Chinese outlet on the second floor is definitely worth trying.

Although this was my first trip to China and I was totally unprepared as far as expectations go - I will most definitely come back to the Intercontinental.

Thank you all at the Intercontinental and keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Harry D
Rachel L, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Shanghai Expo, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The outlet you saw closed is our Italian Restaurant – Basilico, which is closed on Monday and Tuesday. Glad that you like the Chinese food which is prepared by our Hong Kong Master Chef Pan. Thanks again and looking forward to seeing you back soon.
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hotel is one of my favorite hotels, I live here almost monthly and always feel comfortable likes at home. Room and lobby facilities is quite elegant, staff is friendly and most helpful, especially Iris, Steve and Rai in Club Lounge. I will come back this excellent hotel again very soon, and also would like to recommend over the other hotels in Shanghai

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lucas H
Rachel L, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Shanghai Expo, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are delighted to read your generous words and look forward to having you stay with us many more times in the future. Thank you for recognizing our team members who are happy and proud to be at your service.
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I am writing this to encourage people to enjoy a fantastic experience. I have stayed in many hotels around the world, on business, and this ranks in the TOP 5. Its the first hotel and that actually recognized me on check in. I had stay once before. They were extremely helpful, as I had expected a reservation to be made for me, but it had not been done.
Make sure you go to the executive club area. Its fantastic. The service is great. Get Steven to write down good restaurants around Shanghai. He does it in Chinese, very helpful. They go out of their personal way to help you. The chef had some dumplings for me. The view is stunning.
The rooms are great. Make sure you take a swim, luxurious. The spa looks just unbelievable.
The best part of my stay is the staff, they actually take an interest in you.
I definitely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Go to the executive club
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rachel L, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Shanghai Expo, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel again and sharing your wonderful experience with us. All the effort we do is to make guests feel at home, and this is the way to our core “Great Hotel, Guest Love”. Thanks again for your kind recommendation and sincerely welcome you to out hotel in the neat future!