“Wake-up call by JCB noise and skilled mimer to get things done faster”

Minya Hotel Pudong Shanghai
Ranked #180 of 5,111 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My stay with the hotel was from 13th. Nov 2012 to 17th Nov 2012. I had a pretty close schedule with my work. The room was --!!!??? The bathroom were dirty with uncleaned floors in the shower area. The fresh linen had a funny odour on to it!!!!. Wjile I checked in as it was provided by the organisers, I was demanded for a deposit since there was a mini bar!!??? in the nroom. Whilst I had informed it was insisted that I should pay the advance,next to me a couple from Mexico too were not spared. The ignorance of English language had made me perfect my miming skills explaning the requirements and getting it done. The breakfast spread was quite good with choices as per international standards.The staff were not that proactive, rather had no eye contact to understand our requirements.. The Housekeeping staff were not in viscinity but the room was always set while I entered my room. The locker, the amenities were there enough. I had no opportunity to utilize their in house dining facility. The wake up calls were prompt.I total a nice place to have a adventerous stay.

Room Tip: Good for a business trip
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Minya Hotel Pudong Shanghai

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed there 3 nights two weeks ago. It is very nice hotel but our room was facing the west side of the building. There is a new construction going on early in the morning bang noise we woke up 6 in the morning.We flew from Xian checked in very late..
The breakfast was fine.. Most of the server don't speak English!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Not far off the subway line (we used subway and highly recommend it) There are some small shops near Hotel to shop for snacks and trinkets. Room was large and bed comfortable. Bring a swimming cap if you want to us etheir pool. They sell them for far less across the street from the Hotel in a small merchant shop, 10 RMB vs much more in the hotel. A nice rec/pool center with ping pong and weight room too. Wireles only in the lobby but ample space to sit around there. Concierge was helpful getting my PDA to work on their wireless. Great buffet breakfast with ample selection or western and oriental foods.
Out Pudong way so not as central as other hotels.

Room Tip: They're building a new highrise in front of the hotel so ask for a room not facing it as the cra...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilySpringBreak
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We first touched down the airport at 7am and was wondering if we can check in the hotel at that hour and we were glad the hotel gave us a room at around 9am. The room was so huge almost a suite (Room 1201) with a big bathtub, very clean and big bed (superking size) with other facilities that a 5 star hotel must have. However, we were very dissappointed with the hotel rule that we must wear a cap to use the swimming pool!!! Even for MEN. I have used many 5 star hotel and have not been ask to use a cap to use the pool. The staff offerred to sell us one (RMB 32) but we did not take up the offer as we thought we just want to dip in to cool as the temperate outside was above 40C, anyway we were compensated by the excellent breakfast the hotel offered.

Room Tip: Room 1201 very good for couples, big with a superking bed, a huge jazucci like bathtub where lovers...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2012

On the first day we discovered the air-cond wasn't working and it was very hot in August. Went to complain and was told that someone would come to the room to fix the air-cond. After 45 mins, went to the reception again and apparently they had forgotten about our complaint. They decided to give us another room. Other than the air-cond issue, the room and bathroom were fine. As mentioned by other reviewer, the lighting in the room was dim.

Buffet breakfast was good. The best time to avoid group tourists at breakfast is about 8am where they would be off on their tour buses.

There's no eatery near the hotel. The nearest metro (Deping Stn) takes about 10 mins walk. Once you get to the metro, many places are very accessible with the metro. The metro is efficient and cheap.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TickingBucketList
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The rooms are great, the bed is nice and soft. I had a nice time sleeping at this hotel. The first time I stayed at this hotel is that the room was warm. I went to Shanghai in the winter time and I don't come from a country whose temperature ever goes below zero degrees Celsius or close to it. Maybe the coldest is 9 degrees Celsius. The breakfast food was alright considering its hotel food.

I was with a tour group when I twice stayed at the hotel. Compared to the other hotels that I stayed at during the trip. This hotel is so far very good. I hate the cold so I was very happy =) to have the heating system to work. There was a bath, yeah! At home I don't normally take a bath but I'm on holiday I'm going to take a bath.

My father brought his laptop with him and had some trouble connecting to the Internet. so he called the front desk for assistance and a person came up very quickly. The help got the computer connected to the Internet. Yeah!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank CocoaK
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Beautiful hotel! Great service! Very comfortable beds, big rooms, clean as well.
I was expecting a package to be delivered to the hotel during my stay, but there was some delay, and i didnt receive it on time. I had to check-out and go to another city. Hotel's concierge did a great job. They received a package for me one day after I checked-out, called me and sent it to the address I gave them. One day later the package was with me. I'm very pleased. Next time I go to Shanghai, I will stay at that hotel again! Sorry, it took me several months to write a review.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business