Regal Jinfeng Hotel
$84
Kingtown Hotel(Shanghai)
$50
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnice hoteldepartmental storebasic englishpudong districtfree wifiwestern stylebed was comfortablehong kongclub floormetro lineroom servicebreakfast buffettaxichinareceptionist
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2011

First time in Shanghai, I was a bit rushed booking a hotel so did not have time to consult trip advisor.

The hotel seems like it is new, it has a very ghostly feel to it as it is so empty and the surrounding area is so so quite.

The food was quite good, the gym was ok and the staff were average.

The hotel is in the middle of no where, local attractions include; General Motors Factory and Johnson & Johnson. I walked 4km in each direction, apart from fast food chains, I couldnt find anything, local people were looking at me as if I was nuts.

Have fun! I certainly never, I moved out after two days into a more central location.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank SyamPaulKolli
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Clean, functional, free internet, reasonable breakfast, deserted lobby , restaurant, and bar in the evening. Round the back of the hotel there are several restaurants (and a KFC!) and bars, all reasonably priced. Lots more happening around the Ramada hotel which is a short taxi ride away. Taxi's easy to get but frustrating to use because of language difficulties.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Nick_Mellor
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I stayed there for 5 nights.. Friendly staffs and they gave great services.. The rooms & toilet were very clean.. They have free wireless internet at the lobby/reception area. The only things is it is quite far from the city and the only public transportation can take is the taxi. Overall it is worthwhile staying there.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DanArif
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I was booked on this hotel by our local China office. the hotel is just walking distance from our China office. Locationwise, it very far from the tourist center. taxi is hard to get because of the remote location. Buffet breakfast is so-so.

i would rate this hotel as 4 star only. room sizes varies.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank virstud
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Orginal booked to Regal International East Asia Hotel, but my flight was delayed to casue arrival this hotel at midnight, the manager informed me all rooms are fully, since I have paid money already when I booked this hotel. I was very angry and complained why no rooms for me, finally the manager transfered me to stay at their partner hotel - Regal Jinfeng Hotel and upgrade to me to "Suite Room" and free the breakfast for me. Regal Jinfeng Hotel is the new hotel, but location is not good.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends