“YEHAAAAAW!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gubei / Hongqiao / Minhang
Reviewed October 24, 2012

rustle up your big texan sized appetite and mosy oon ovet to bubba's for some huhe sized well sauced ribs and any other kind of gool ol' american bbque that sticks to your ribs and yer fingers.
enjoy licking them clean.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Bubba's is part of the Cool Docks development but is actually a little way away from the main Cool Docks area that has a courtyard.

We were a group of 10 for lunch and sat outside on their patio area looking out towards the water. There seemed to be no one else there. Our friends wanted to order Bloody Marys but they didn't have them and so we ordered them from the restaurant next door.

Food was nothing to write home about :o(

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I've been to the Cool Docks one twice now and food was great both times! Burger was easily the best I've had in shanghai, and the steak was pretty good too. The homemade BBQ sauce is also very tasty. They have specials on every day and the prices are pretty reasonable. Defo be back.

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Went for dinner here many times . This used to be great food but I am afraid to say it is now dropped to average at best . The ribs and pulled pork were cold a d the ribs over cooked. The service has always been good . Ok in a pinch

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've lived in Asia going on 4 years now. The past year has been spent here in Shanghai. I grew up in Texas, so BBQ is close to my heart. I was not disappointed with this place. We ordered the full rack of ribs, nachos, two side salads (one with ranch dressing), and jalepeno corn muffins. This is perhaps the best food I've had in Asia. I've had ribs at other places and have always been disappointed with the scrawny fare that has been called ribs. The ribs I got at Bubba's were meaty! I thought they were good. Then I put the BBQ sauce on the ribs. Holy cow!

I know people have downed the burgers and whatnot, but you can get a burger at a lot of places. If you go here, do yourself a favor; get BBQ. Bring money because it's not cheap, but don't be a cheapo when you get there.

Also take into account that I'm writing this review in the middle of a meat coma, courtesy of Bubba's.

Nice decor, which reminded me of Texas. I knew it was really a Texas joint when I saw the Golden Tee machine. No Shiner Bock though.